PDA

View Full Version : ADSL suppliers

CaKe
31-10-2003, 13:32
I've had enough of crap speeds & crap e-mail through ntl:, and the phone call I had this morning blaming it on my firewall settings was enough to tip me over the edge :grind: I don't want this to be a "PM me your details and we'll look into it" thread because quite frankly, I've had enough of it (no offence to anyone that helps on this site, I'm just fed-up of being pushed around different departments at ntl)

Oh, and the e-mail issue? That's only occurred recently & is a temporary hardware problem :rolleyes:

So, I know not everyone on this site is an ntl broadband customer : what are your recommendations for ADSL suppliers? I've looked at a couple of review sites but there's so many there :spin:

Oh, and what are the networking restrictions for ADSL? I have 3 PC's here that all need access to the 'net, all going through a router atm :)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Carly :)

MadGamer
31-10-2003, 13:38
Demon are very good, haven't had any trouble with them. www.demon.net

keithwalton
31-10-2003, 13:42
I'm on plus net, they are very good, reliability is top notch and speed is allways there on 2mbit connection :-) there not the cheapest around but they certainly are competitive and have a good referal program, of which if you decide to move over to them could you use the referal damnthebroccoli, on sign up as that then benefits me :-)

K

Edit - As for your other parts of your thread,
Using a router is fine no problems there, by default you'll have one ip, you could ask for more if you really need it but it'll cost ya.

You'll require your own adsl modem, my recomendation is to get it yourself from someone like dabs.com i got mine from there and it was only £25 alot less than the isp would charge. It does make me laugh at times when isp's advertise free modem's and how they save you £50, haha thats one expensive usb modem there bundeling (NOT)

ic14
31-10-2003, 16:26
Well im on demon, being very reliable and the email works very wel.

As for your router, well if you get an ethernet adsl modem the you can continue to use it (your router).

HTH