PDA

View Full Version : slowly we are getting there

bigAL99
19-11-2005, 11:15
finally they arrived yesturday with the correct order great next thing theres a knock on the door um we got a problem there isnt anyroom for you to have a phone connected. the fitter then advised they would be better off not having anything conected until one became available.my mum phoned me and i told them to get them to fit the tv and broadband and to ring up about the phone.

customer services told my mum that it would cost £51 for just the 2 she wasnt happy and told them to just cancel, it seams the customer services man realised my mum was upset and asked her to ask the engerneer how long it would take for the phone to be connected he said 7 days so they have left the package as is for all 3 for £36.

great you would think but to be honest they are a shower of sh*t the engineers just left the box on the tv which on closer inspection wasnt set up propperly and also they didnt bother connecting the pc which again proved not to be working my parents then spent close to 3 hours with technical support sorting the problams out. i should point out that none of the problems were at our end it was the card with the tv and the broadband service was at there end as well.

now maybe ive been spoilt being with blueyonder but when i had my services fitted the engineer stayed and made sure all was working before they left and i didn't have my tv and broadband fitted at the same time.

i'm sorry but if this is how ntl do their fitting then i dont hold out much hope for them as a company i mean to leave a new customer with a lead and instructions to connect it urself i think is noth short of dissappointing.

on a separate note i thought ntl connected there broadband via cable modems now for some reason there was via there set top box which i believe limits you speed to 1 mb

we are just waiting to see now if the phone line is connected in 7 days as promised. il keep you posted....

sollp
19-11-2005, 11:24
finally they arrived yesturday with the correct order great next thing theres a knock on the door um we got a problem there isnt anyroom for you to have a phone connected. the fitter then advised they would be better off not having anything conected until one became available.my mum phoned me and i told them to get them to fit the tv and broadband and to ring up about the phone.

customer services told my mum that it would cost £51 for just the 2 she wasnt happy and told them to just cancel, it seams the customer services man realised my mum was upset and asked her to ask the engerneer how long it would take for the phone to be connected he said 7 days so they have left the package as is for all 3 for £36.

great you would think but to be honest they are a shower of sh*t the engineers just left the box on the tv which on closer inspection wasnt set up propperly and also they didnt bother connecting the pc which again proved not to be working my parents then spent close to 3 hours with technical support sorting the problams out. i should point out that none of the problems were at our end it was the card with the tv and the broadband service was at there end as well.

now maybe ive been spoilt being with blueyonder but when i had my services fitted the engineer stayed and made sure all was working before they left and i didn't have my tv and broadband fitted at the same time.

i'm sorry but if this is how ntl do their fitting then i dont hold out much hope for them as a company i mean to leave a new customer with a lead and instructions to connect it urself i think is noth short of dissappointing.

on a separate note i thought ntl connected there broadband via cable modems now for some reason there was via there set top box which i believe limits you speed to 1 mb

we are just waiting to see now if the phone line is connected in 7 days as promised. il keep you posted....

Again another poor installation by the installers and i assume there are other people at fault as well.

If there is no capacity for the phone to be connected in cabinet,(i assume this is what you mean)then the installer will not know when there will be a spare pair for your telco to be connected to in the cabinet.

The STB was obviously not installed correctly neither was the broadband, when will NTL get a grip of these cowboy installers that keep giving NTL a bad name.

arcamalpha2004
20-11-2005, 08:34
Again another poor installation by the installers and i assume there are other people at fault as well.

If there is no capacity for the phone to be connected in cabinet,(i assume this is what you mean)then the installer will not know when there will be a spare pair for your telco to be connected to in the cabinet.

The STB was obviously not installed correctly neither was the broadband, when will NTL get a grip of these cowboy installers that keep giving NTL a bad name.

There comes a point when cutting corners by employing cowboys at the expense of customers paying a lot of money for a service has to stop, has mark duffy or whatever his name is ever been out on an install with some of these cowboys?, if he had, they would not be working for NTL.
The stories I read on here, I would not trust them to change a fuse for me.