PDA

View Full Version : How long to transfer a number

toller
18-11-2005, 16:56
After much faffing about and thanks to the help provided by this forum we finally got NTL installed this last monday taking advantage of their 3 for £30 offer. I was expecting my old BT number to be cancelled and transferred by the time of the install as it had been dragging on for weeks before it was finally put in.

Unfortunately we have been supplied a number by NTL that judging by the number of calls we were getting to it was meant for someone else. I called NTL about this and was told the number should be transferred within 2 days. The 2 days came and went and I have called them back today to be told that it will actually take 10 days. Whilst I was on the phone to them i also set up call barring and when i'd finished I decided to activate it on the NTL line only to discover the line seems to be dead, there is no dial tone or any other sound at all.

Typically how long should it take to transfer a number and is the dead line a likely indication of the transfer in progress? I only ask as i've been messed about quite a bit already and i'm paying out for 2 phonelines.

Any ideas?

hairy_mick
18-11-2005, 17:19
Hi toller welcome to nthell

is your bt still active if so use that till the it goes dead then plug into ntl then all should be well.