PDA

View Full Version : I-Web Solutions

poolking
29-10-2003, 20:20
Ok folks,

I am considering I-Web Solutions as my new webhost. What are they like and do they give good value for money?

I am tempted by their very good offer to NTHW members.

So convince me. :D

Russ
29-10-2003, 20:21
Having personally dealt with I-Web, I can recommend them 100%.

ic14
29-10-2003, 20:43
I also want some convincing, not about there hosting (i can see thats good from this site), but their Domain name reistering

poolking
29-10-2003, 22:35
Anymore coming forward other than Russ?

willie
29-10-2003, 22:40
What would you like to know about them all i can say is that Kingp will go out of his way to help you in any way he can.

Graham F
29-10-2003, 22:45
Ok folks,

I am considering I-Web Solutions as my new webhost. What are they like and do they give good value for money?

if its any help I know that Frank uses them for his website :)

Richard M
29-10-2003, 22:45
What would you like to know about them all i can say is that Kingp will go out of his way to help you in any way he can.

I can back that up - I was speaking with him on MSN last night and he gave me lots of help to setup my new hosting with him (the £4.99 a month one). :tu:
The domain registration works fine too, quick and painless so far. :)

poolking
29-10-2003, 22:46
I've already asked him questions via PM and had answers, but I just wanted to get others experience of using I-Web Solutions before I make a cast iron decision.

handyman
29-10-2003, 22:50
I have my site with them and king P is always there to help out. He responded with in minutes when I wanted to change packages.

Very helpful - very cheap (fantastico is good as well)

500mb space / 20gig bandwidth thats a serious package. what are you doing with it? or tis a secret?

poolking
29-10-2003, 22:53
Starting to get that warm fuzzy feeling. :)

Graham F
29-10-2003, 22:54
Starting to get that warm fuzzy feeling. :)

Quick then run to the loo :rofl::rofl:

poolking
29-10-2003, 22:56
Quick then run to the loo :rofl::rofl:

Don't joke, I do have dicky bowels at the moment. :)

darant
29-10-2003, 23:19
Ok folks,

Have to agree. I have taken the number 5 package at a mear £5 p/month. I was previously with lycos for the same price and only got 100MB of space and not the 500MB with I-Web solutions.

In a word..............

I-Web Solutions. :) :) :) :) :)

You should have no other choice....

I can back that up - I was speaking with him on MSN last night and he gave me lots of help to setup my new hosting with him (the £4.99 a month one). :tu:
The domain registration works fine too, quick and painless so far. :)

Couldnt agree more. On the day I signed up Kingphoenix helped me set the DNS servers etc etc up. Top man in my opinion.

Jon M
30-10-2003, 00:48
not wishing to urinate on any parade here.. but i feel duty bound to point out that there are equally good deals out there.. for example : http://www.hostrocket.com/products/economy.htm

note. those prices are in $$ not ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â£ÃƒÆ ’‚£..

i have been using hostrocket for a couple of years now and they are very good

i just want to urge those in the market.. have a good look round, it could find you the package that you really wanted rather than settled for.

for the flamers: no, i'm not on a pimpage mission.... in fact i've asked kingp what high bandwidth options he has as i was interested in his service myself.

a couple of things to add.. i'm interested in I-Web because i'd prefer to deal within the UK.. and kingp obviously has good customer relationships which is another plus for me. so don't take my post as a spanner in the works..

KingPhoenix
30-10-2003, 00:48
Thanks all for your kind words......

Its kinda nice when you get something right and everyone appreciates the efforts that go into getting it right :) :)

poolking
30-10-2003, 01:06
I've already signed up. :D

There have been horror stories about hostrocket though, I was only hosted with them a short while, but when quite a few people start the jungle drums going about a host you get kinda twitchy.

poolking
30-10-2003, 08:33
I have my site with them and king P is always there to help out. He responded with in minutes when I wanted to change packages.

500mb space / 20gig bandwidth thats a serious package. what are you doing with it? or tis a secret?

You promise not to tell anyone, it is my secret base for planning world domination. ;)

Tricky
30-10-2003, 09:16
Big tick in the right boxes for me also, I've used them for 2 or 3 months now and found the service to be A+++++ etc.

Still using my own domain registrar and amending nameservers so cannot comment on that - everything else A OK

I'm on package 4 cos at that price I could!!! -

ic14
30-10-2003, 13:18
Im sold, i'll try and get it sorted at the weekend!

Now what domains are avalable..

KingPhoenix
30-10-2003, 14:02
Thanks guys........ Your comments are appreciated and noted!

But that doesnt mean you get anymore discount :p

handyman
30-10-2003, 15:10

Darn :rolleyes:

I cant see why more members dont take the 99p deal. Its a steal at that price.

willie
30-10-2003, 16:25
Yes it is always a good idea to shop around to see what other peeps has to offer as suggested further up the thread.
As a Web Host myself i am prob doing myself more harm than good here by saying this but Yes I-Web is a very good company to go with.

I may start to offer deals such as his in the very near future.:)

KingPhoenix
30-10-2003, 22:37
Sounds like a challenge :p

handyman
30-10-2003, 22:45
Yes it is always a good idea to shop around to see what other peeps has to offer as suggested further up the thread.
As a Web Host myself i am prob doing myself more harm than good here by saying this but Yes I-Web is a very good company to go with.

I may start to offer deals such as his in the very near future.:)

You might get a few more customers if the link in you sig went to the right pace junkie? You have a extra http:// in there :)

darant
30-10-2003, 22:52

Oh........ be fair. I was just about to sign up to your re-sellers account.....

You might get a few more customers if the link in you sig went to the right pace junkie? You have a extra http:// in there :)

LOL

KingPhoenix
31-10-2003, 11:32
lol... if your after a re-seller account, pm me... i can do some deals on those too :D

Also i know web junkie is doing some deals on re-seller packages..... see what he has to offer too ;)

EDIT:::

I also just noticed the thread is now marked Important :D

Thanks mods!!! :drunk:

willie
31-10-2003, 12:37
You might get a few more customers if the link in you sig went to the right pace junkie? You have a extra http:// in there :)That is not a link to my hosting site but one to a forum for Web Hosters and prospective client can Advertise there businees in the forums or gat a banner in place for a nominal fee also for peeps to request hosting.

handyman
31-10-2003, 12:39
That is not a link to my hosting site but one to a forum for Web Hosters and prospective client can Advertise there businees in the forums or gat a banner in place for a nominal fee also for peeps to request hosting.

Yeah but the link still does not work regardless of its destination.

willie
31-10-2003, 13:30
Yeah but the link still does not work regardless of its destination.Works for me :Peaceman:

KingPhoenix
31-10-2003, 22:52
Works for me :Peaceman:

LOL

Looks like ya got it working then ;)

dobbin
06-11-2003, 18:34
I registered with iweb yesterday. Filled in the web form and completed payment and all that and almost instantly got a mail back confirming - quality service so far!

KingPhoenix
06-11-2003, 23:57
Im Glad your happy with the service so far :)

I would also just like to take this opportunity to let all know that nthw.co.uk is in no way related to i-websolutions (other than hosting the forum here). And as that, would like to ensure all clients are aware that any support questions or problems should be risen from within the members area, as per your welcome e-mail.

Just making sure no-one posts here requesting support ;)

KP

Jon M
24-11-2003, 16:18

500mb/20gig .. pah.. how about 2gig/50gig ;) (thanks to KingP) i had a 1gig/50gig account before moving over to I-Web

I-Web have been very good, in my opinion, I got a very good deal.. my suggestion is that you speak to KingP.. he listened to my requirements which were fairly specific and demanding i admit.
He has been very flexible in dealing with me, in fact, more than you would have expected.

If you judged a company on customer service you'd have to rate I-Web very highly.

Again, I recommend talking to KingP to get a package that suits you... not that the NTL packages aren't worthwhile, if they suit your needs obviously ;)

KingPhoenix
28-11-2003, 20:43
500mb/20gig .. pah.. how about 2gig/50gig ;) (thanks to KingP) i had a 1gig/50gig account before moving over to I-Web

I-Web have been very good, in my opinion, I got a very good deal.. my suggestion is that you speak to KingP.. he listened to my requirements which were fairly specific and demanding i admit.
He has been very flexible in dealing with me, in fact, more than you would have expected.

If you judged a company on customer service you'd have to rate I-Web very highly.

Again, I recommend talking to KingP to get a package that suits you... not that the NTL packages aren't worthwhile, if they suit your needs obviously ;)
:blush:

homealone
30-11-2003, 11:08
just to say that I submitted a support ticket last night, due to a problem logging onto the control panel, being as it was Saturday evening I didn't expect a reply before probably Monday - but no, reply with a solution came within an hour - thanks guys, I'm very impressed.

With service like this at the preferential price for nthw members, I have no hesitation in recommending i-web solutions!

JediMaster
23-10-2004, 16:57
Any sites with FULL info on Fantastico as I have NO idea what some things do... Or how to set it up..

FAB service with I-Web :D

Great Prices too;)

PS... How do I enable Chat Room? It says Disabled...

aliferste
23-10-2004, 18:43
Im with I-web as well. Good friendly service. Cant think of a reason to go elsewhere.
You also have the bonus that if they do actually do something shady you can shame them on these forums and it will affect business.
Happy customers breed customers ;)

homealone
23-10-2004, 19:38
Any sites with FULL info on Fantastico as I have NO idea what some things do... Or how to set it up..

FAB service with I-Web :D

Great Prices too;)

PS... How do I enable Chat Room? It says Disabled...

Hi JediMaster

the best way to learn about Fantastico, is to give it a go - it really is easy.

if you click on the various options available on the left hand side, the frame to the right is updated with a description of the application, version number, etc - and a 'new installation' link - this is what you click to run the installation script - you just need to name the folder it will install to & choose any username & password, if relevant, for you as admin.

Uninstallation is just as easy, back in fantastico click on the app you have installed, on the left hand side menu, the frame on the right updates with details of the instillation, a link to the site & a link to the 'remove' script - click this & it's uninstalled.

For extra details on the available installations, it's best to look at the their own websites - some like those for the content managers & blogs have links to extra info on skins, templates etc.

Just remember you will use 1 'mysql' database for each script installed & that 100 MB of diskspace gets used up very quickly ;)

Not sure about the chat room - I havn't tried it.