PDA

View Full Version : New Scandal

tomw
28-10-2003, 20:13
Does anybody know what the new Paul Burrell Scandal Possibly about a tape is all about ????

Russ
28-10-2003, 20:14
You mean a scandal? :D

</pedantic mode>

Bex
28-10-2003, 20:17
he was on richard and judy yesterday and he said there was a tape which had "disturbing" things on, it was in a locked box, the box was found in diana's sister's house but the tape was not there.....

he said he hadn't heard the whole tape but that he would not pass on what he had heard

tomw
28-10-2003, 20:19
thats the one im talking about (Maybe i should not call it a Scandal) News

Russ
28-10-2003, 20:23
This is supposed to be Diana's "final secret", which was supposed to be HUGE. For some reason Burrell has chosen to not disclose this (I say 'for some reason' considering what he's done recently) but he seems to be able to back this up as a month before her death when she was on holiday with Dodi she went up to the gathering press and told them that something was coming out soon which would shock the Royal family, the UK and the world, but we never got to find out what it was.

Stuart
28-10-2003, 20:37
They did have an article in the Evening Standard yesterday that was written by someone who knew Diana and heard the tape. He said that he will not reveal what is on the tape as it would possibly destroy the Monarchy.

I can't find a link to the article at the moment, but if I do, I'll post it here..

tomw
28-10-2003, 20:48
It would have to be something Serious to distroy the Monarchy

Bex
28-10-2003, 21:08
from what whats-his-face (too lazy to scroll up) was saying there was some very shocking stuff...

he also said there was a letter that diana had given him, which stated that she thought that someone was going to kill her, a bit of a conspiracy theory, and she thought she was being bugged etc, and even spoke to an ex fbi agent about it

kink
28-10-2003, 21:31
There was a rumour going around quite a few years ago now.... about Prince Harry.

Who knows? I suppose we all will when Paul Burrell brings out his follow up book.... How to a make fortune by ending your first book with a hint of a possible scandal that would rock British society... :rolleyes:

Scarlett
28-10-2003, 21:43
There was a rumour going around quite a few years ago now.... about Prince Harry.

Who knows? I suppose we all will when Paul Burrell brings out his follow up book.... How to a make fortune by ending your first book with a hint of a possible scandal that would rock British society... :rolleyes:

How about how to sell your first book by spending every day of the first week claiming that you know something more... Cynical marketing ploys 101

UPDATE Prince William is to meet (http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_833285.html) Mr Burrell. I wonder if thats with or without the boxing gloves ?

Russ
28-10-2003, 21:45
Wasn't the rumour about Harry that his dad might actually be James Hewitt? Just imagine that, the poor boy has it hard enough being ginger :disturbd:

kink
28-10-2003, 21:58
Wasn't the rumour about Harry that his dad might actually be James Hewitt? Just imagine that, the poor boy has it hard enough being ginger :disturbd:
And to think i didn't want to say :eek: Russ you rumour mongerer you ;)

At the time... only a couple of years after his birth.... a friend of mine gave me a late night phone call saying that she'd had the same from a journalist friend of hers who had news of a scandal involving Prince Harry's paternity. The story wasn't followed up. Mr Hewitt was never mentioned as far as i remember... but much was made of Princess Diana's apparent 'throwing herself down stairs' in an attempt to cause a miscarriage.... this i don't know but i think her attempts at suicide were publicised at one point.

I'm sure Paul Burrell is revelling in the limelight... wherever he is.... and whatever he's doing.

The only person to gain anything from any of this is him.

Russ
28-10-2003, 22:14

But Konky, I learn from the best, I learn from you... :) :)

And in all of this, as you say, Burrell will be raking it in.

Stuart
28-10-2003, 23:22

At the time... only a couple of years after his birth.... a friend of mine gave me a late night phone call saying that she'd had the same from a journalist friend of hers who had news of a scandal involving Prince Harry's paternity. The story wasn't followed up. Mr Hewitt was never mentioned as far as i remember... but much was made of Princess Diana's apparent 'throwing herself down stairs' in an attempt to cause a miscarriage.... this i don't know but i think her attempts at suicide were publicised at one point.

I'm sure Paul Burrell is revelling in the limelight... wherever he is.... and whatever he's doing.

The only person to gain anything from any of this is him.There's plenty of scandals that could finish the Monarchy. It's just that the Windsors (and our government) are usually quite adept at burying them before they hit the news.

One update on the situation. According to today's Evening Standard, several foreign editors now know what is on this tape, and they are not under the same restrictions our press are. If that is true, we could hear about it before long through the wonders of the Internet.

As to Paul Burrell, while I am not a fan of the monarchy (far from it), they do not deserve what he is doing. He shouldn't be doing it, but certainly shouldn't profit from it.

kink
28-10-2003, 23:42
But Konky, I learn from the best, I learn from you... :) :)

[......Snippity snipped].

Konky? Ok Purr..... that's what predictive text brings up for Russ.... and that's what you'll be to me from this moment on :p

See? I can learn from you too ;) :D

kronas
29-10-2003, 01:20
but he seems to be able to back this up as a month before her death when she was on holiday with Dodi she went up to the gathering press and told them that something was coming out soon which would shock the Royal family, the UK and the world, but we never got to find out what it was.

he was on larry king live on cnn and the question was put forward what was the anouncement he replied

"there was no anouncement she was just toying with the media she knows what kind of affect she can have on the media"

also he asked

was it something to do with marriage ? dodi ?

he said

"no it was nothing to do with that or dodi they were just good freinds thats all"

kronas
29-10-2003, 01:25
personally from what i have read and heard from paul burrell i hope a few 'home truths' make there way out in to the public and 'finish' them off like they finished diana off there were certain members of the royal family against her

they didnt like her simply because of her status with the public they didnt want her to be a sucess dare i say it bigger then the queen herself so they made her life miserable

timewarrior2001
29-10-2003, 09:56
While I hope there is info that can bring about the abolision of the monarchy, I also hope that Mr Burrel is charged with Treason.

The info if it exists and can be substanciated should be allowed out as it is in the public interest. However mr Burrel by trying underhand methods and rying to gain financial reward for hinting at such a thing should be promptly charged with treason.

etccarmageddon
29-10-2003, 13:39
he was on larry king live on cnn and the question was put forward what was the anouncement he replied

"there was no anouncement she was just toying with the media she knows what kind of affect she can have on the media"

also he asked

was it something to do with marriage ? dodi ?

he said

"no it was nothing to do with that or dodi they were just good freinds thats all"

he asked the wrong question - he should have asked if it was to do with Harry.

tomw
06-11-2003, 22:11
Is this the same thing that Burrel was on about and does anybody know what it is all about now

Chimaera
06-11-2003, 22:17
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3249031.stm

Well there you go people - the latest instalment of the sorry saga :(

tomw
06-11-2003, 22:20
So what was alledgely witnessed

Chris
06-11-2003, 22:24
The allegations were, ironically, printed in the Daily Mail, about 3 weeks ago. Only that time, they laid out the alleged 'incident' between Charlie and the servant, saying what happened but not naming Charlie.

At this point, I am not going to post the allegation because, in all seriousness, the court injunction applies to this website as much as it does the Mail on Sunday. I don't want to put Andre and the gang in a difficult position. But go Googling. The injunction does not apply to foreign media and I guarantee you will find your answer on the first page of results.

tomw
06-11-2003, 22:27
What would you put in the search words ????

Chris
06-11-2003, 22:29
What would you put in the search words ????

Charles royal allegation would do. You'll get some UK pages first and then some interesting American ones.