PDA

View Full Version : Ukonline 22mbit!

zitianaki
10-11-2005, 00:16
looks like ukonline is catching up with a new 22MBit

http://www.ukonline.net/broadband/bb22_opt2.php

note they say the actual speed is about 13Mbits still fine with me 29.99 no limit upload same as 8Mbit 768kbit ....

any of you ukonliners out there upgraded to it?

8Mbit is been put down to 24.99 to.... definatly worth upgrading to the adsl2+ though way to go ukonline....

kronas
10-11-2005, 00:39
just been reading this, its 'up to' 22mbits but you may recieve less but they will estimate depending on the distance from the exchange to you, not bad though and no cap either!

http://www.ukonline.net/broadband/exchangelist.php

right hand side at the top it says unlimited!

zitianaki
10-11-2005, 01:07
i already have ukonline 8Mbit doesent seem to be an option to upgrade like there was with the 2 to the 8 wonder if you have to ring... they do say wireless router you have for the 8mbit is ok for adsl2+ to...
if the service is like the 8Mbit well be very well... 2.2km away from exchange so hoping for at least 14MBits when i get to upgrade

anyone else with ukonline going to upgrade? dont want to upgrade and have bad services read to many bad bethere reveiws everyone getting less then 1Mbit for a 24Mbit service :/

TheBlueRaja
10-11-2005, 10:01
On our 22Mb service, we require that you buy our ADSL2+ Wireless Router, as many ADSL routers are not compatible for use on ADSL2+ broadband (the new technology that makes it possible for you to go faster than 8Mb.) We have tried and tested the ADSL2+ Wireless Router with our customers, so you can be sure that it is the best option to use on UK Online 22Mb Broadband.

£79.99

zing_deleted
10-11-2005, 10:07
Im calling for the upgrade as im the 8meg and had loads of problems so I intend to upgrade and hope the new technology will help

zing_deleted
10-11-2005, 10:40
Ive called them and they say I need a new modem.The actiontec website say the modem they already sold me in may is fine.Ukonline say I have to have a new one bye bye ukonline. Tech support says the actiontec cant do it,Actiontec says they can.I hope Ukonline go bust and the fleas of a 1000 camels infest there pubic region for all eternity

zitianaki
10-11-2005, 19:52
of course ukonline will say that.. more money for them right? why not try the actiontech one and see if its ok and if its not then order the new modem? i remember when we orderd the modem i read a bit that said it was ready for the new adsl2+ so when it was out u wouldent have to change modems or anything so i wonder... im not gonna change it and see how i get on.

probably wont get as good with this modem rather then the other im guessing but from the start ukonline said the actiontech modem was ready for the adsl2+ move...

TheBlueRaja
10-11-2005, 20:44
Ive called them and they say I need a new modem.The actiontec website say the modem they already sold me in may is fine.Ukonline say I have to have a new one bye bye ukonline. Tech support says the actiontec cant do it,Actiontec says they can.I hope Ukonline go bust and the fleas of a 1000 camels infest there pubic region for all eternity

Not surprised in the slightest - if you look at the blurb it says

we require that you buy our ADSL2+ Wireless Router

Which is why above i advised of the price above as well.

This is effectively an 80 quid connection fee by another - more marketable - name.

zing_deleted
10-11-2005, 21:25
of course ukonline will say that.. more money for them right? why not try the actiontech one and see if its ok and if its not then order the new modem? i remember when we orderd the modem i read a bit that said it was ready for the new adsl2+ so when it was out u wouldent have to change modems or anything so i wonder... im not gonna change it and see how i get on.

probably wont get as good with this modem rather then the other im guessing but from the start ukonline said the actiontech modem was ready for the adsl2+ move...

they wont let you

Not surprised in the slightest - if you look at the blurb it says

Which is why above i advised of the price above as well.

This is effectively an 80 quid connection fee by another - more marketable - name.

im working on getting in waivered

TheBlueRaja
10-11-2005, 22:23
im working on getting in waivered

Good luck! :D

zitianaki
11-11-2005, 17:19
you could use the argument they said the actiontech was ready for the adsl2+ so they lied...

Also if you log in to your ukonline through the web site there is a bit saying what service you have and if you klick it lets you upgrade through the web site.... or it should do acording to the ukonline guy i spoke to heh will check it out later..
hope it works.

VastGsm
19-11-2005, 04:11
Hello People

I too have ordered uko 22mb ADSL2+ connection

I am a previos cutomer of UKO currently subscribed to there 8mb. I have a had a few hiccups since may but once its UP its UP no fart arsing around like ntl & by etc. Once your live and activated and sync is set its an excellant service speeds are good too.

I also had to change my BT number because of them STUPID annoying Sales calls from india telling me I have won a free phone!!. It's all a con no free phone but getting back to the UKO I had to close old account and reprovision my line from scratch pointless I know as all BT have done is simply just created a new calling card and not actually physically modified the line or service so the adsl trigger is still set on my old home number @ the exchange and all they have to do is just patch in the new number at the exchange end, Its a doddle.

What wound me up a bit was the LAME MONEY SCAMMING CHEATING KNIVING requirements !!

I allready have my LinkSys ADSL 2+ router its not wireless but why do I need wireless if its connected to my hub for my other box's. I was freindly advised by uko to purchase an ADSL2+ compatible router as I would not have the need to go out and buy another router so I did just that and ordered a Linksys ADSL2+ Router model: AG241 It dont work well on standard adsl something to do with modulation modes g.lite, g.dmt, ansi. t1413 etc. so basicly looks like I wasted another 60 odd quid back in may 05.

In the end the LinkSys would not work well on the 8mb ADSL provided by uko and same as bulldog too would not work correctly, But works fine on normal adsl under 2mb ie: aol, wanado, bt, etc..

Why should we sit back and be mugged off by uko ?

I heard the common saying "The customer is always right" I do hope these cowboy ISP take note of the real input, Its Customers!!

Well lets hope all go's well and I dont have any hiccups and lets see if they can do it under the 14 days. Should be fun

Best Regards

Adam

zitianaki
30-11-2005, 17:52
any of you got some good speed tests? i only put in for upgrade today gotta wait 10 working days now

Downstream 6553 Kbps (819.1 KB/sec) 7077 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 660 Kbps (82.5 KB/sec) 712 Kbps (inc. overheads)

do like the new upload shame the 22MBit hasent a higher one then 8meg connection like bethere

zing_deleted
30-11-2005, 20:33
Ive dumped uk online this week had enough its been said when its up its up well not in my case when its up it goes down then I struggle to get it up again just like ,,,,,.....

zitianaki
30-11-2005, 20:56
ohhh gave up e? u not trying the 22Mbit?

zing_deleted
30-11-2005, 23:09
ohhh gave up e? u not trying the 22Mbit?

no got 10 meg working like a dream

zitianaki
02-12-2005, 03:26
i see back to ntl..

well thats good at least u got no more problems now a fast stable connection
75GB cap... well i never hit much more then 60GB a month dunno about u

ntl was always good to me but ukonlines offer was to good to ignore and i always get sweet speeds even though im 2.2km away from exchange.

will post my speed tests once i get the 22mbit my adsl2+ router be here tomorrow :)

zitianaki
03-12-2005, 16:30
im getting
Bandwidth: [Current Downstream: 1056.62kb/s ¤ Current Upstream: 25.85kb/s]
and thats from microsoft web site but the download stays there constant and it was a 107Mbyte file so im very happy with ukonline
im 2.2km away from exchange to i wonder how my 22Mbit will be

Downstream 7907 Kbps (988.4 KB/sec) 8539 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 662 Kbps (82.8 KB/sec) 714 Kbps (inc. overheads)

this new modem is doing wonders for me :D Netgear DG834GT

sweet dl and ok ish upload cant go wrong there

AdamD
03-12-2005, 21:56
988kb/sec is about the same I get with my 8mb bulldog connection

I wish I could get 22mbit here.

zitianaki
04-12-2005, 00:29
thats kewl i was getting like 840 with my old router though now ive been getting 1Mbytye from microsoft web site
i dident expect to get this fast being 2.2km away from the exchange
im sure bulldog will do the same now adsl2+ is allowed in the uk slowly like everyone followed ukonlines 8 megs. just waiting for them to activate the 22meg now

Obie
25-12-2005, 00:28
Have you been upgraded yet? If so, how is the speed and stability?

I'm looking to find a good ADSL ISP to join in January when I move into my new flat in Edinburgh.

zitianaki
25-12-2005, 03:44
well....

i got my netgear modem 2 working days after i put for upgrade which i then plugged in and was getting 10.5Mbit but the problem was the net kept dropping every 5 mins and i would uplug router and then it would work for 5 more mins and drop again and go on like this.... so having plug back in the actiontech router for the 8meg i get 8meg constant i figured i hadent been upgraded.....

but the tech line at ukonline say i have and i have 22megs coming my way
but when i upgraded from 2meg to 8meg i got a email saying congrats its fully upgraded and when i login to my email on the web site it says Required for installation 22meg nothing about it being installed so i have to call on monday find out whats going on as for the 8meg im getting constant 8meg anytime i use it and im 2.2km away from exchange.... the upload both 768kb from 22 and 8 meg service shame it isent 1.3MB like bethere ...but i get max 83
which is ok for me dont need much more upload...

Required for installation
Service:
22Mb

will paste when i get now from the netgear modem you can see :)

---------- Post added at 03:44 ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 ----------

Downstream8492 Kbps (1,061.5 KB/sec)9171 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream635 Kbps (79.4 KB/sec)685 Kbps (inc. overheads)

faster then the 8meg but when i rang the first time and said my net was dropping every 5 mins the first guy never told me that i was already on the 22meg service he was like wow ur on the 8meg but getting 10megs thats more then everyone else :/ so maybe this second guy dident know what he was doing??
i hope to find out monday

zing_deleted
25-12-2005, 11:16
This sounds like what was happening to me when I tried to get the 8 meg.I think you may find that the faster speed will show the flaws in your line.These problems are going to go accross the board until Bt upgrade there network totally and stop relying on arachic copper.Billions need to be spent before Dsl will be stable at higher speeds

Chrysalis
26-12-2005, 22:55
Looks to me you on the 22meg product, remember its a upto speed and you will only get it in perfect conditions, the internet dropping out is probably the result of it synching too high to be stable.

Enuff
26-12-2005, 23:07
didn't I read that ntl are going to up the bandwidth in mid 2006 or sooner? 25Mbit I think? and 50Mbit by the end of 2006.

slowcoach
27-12-2005, 00:45
That was “The Bloke in the Pub” ;) , I think that the word now is 20 meg in a few months with 30 meg being held in reserve in case it’s needed to compete.

zitianaki
27-12-2005, 03:19
Looks to me you on the 22meg product, remember its a upto speed and you will only get it in perfect conditions, the internet dropping out is probably the result of it synching too high to be stable.

your probably right... they did say that id see about 13Mbit and being 2.2km from exchange prob 10Mbit is about right they say they send you the netgear router 2 working days after you have been upgraded and i was told i got upgraded same day i put in for upgrade... the only thing made me think i hadent is i never got the confirmation email and in my inbox like i did from the 2 to the 8meg through webmail says required for install not installed. with the 8meg actiontech router it stays 8meg constant its stable connection good upload. will find out tomorrow whats going on when the call centre is open try get the connection stable maybe move back to ntl if they offer 20Mbit+ speeds

zitianaki
27-12-2005, 17:13
well i had been upgraded 100% sure i am on the 22meg service

the guy on the line said its because my Firmware Version was old gave me a link to get latest version and said this should fix it and get faster speeds then the 10Mbit i was getting ring back it carries on crashing every 5 mins :/

i see myself going back to ntl if they end up doing these faster speeds upgraded router still getting 10Mbit

DownStream Connection Speed10364 kbpsUpStream Connection Speed766 kbps

says that in the router options am pretty sure it should be alot more? :confused:

rs1001
29-12-2005, 13:20
a query:

am considering hopping on the ukonline bandwagon
they say they block ports 80 8080 3128 & 25

what restrictions exactly does this cause?
i know they don't have a news server .. but does it stop you connecting to another .. also how does it fare with p2p?? (torrent & emule type affairs)?

thanks in advance ...

zitianaki
29-12-2005, 17:24
well ive had no problems at all with p2p such as torrent.. my little brother uses limewire for mp3s and kazaa lite so far no problems with them i think its to block mail servers them ports if im correct? :)

Chris
29-12-2005, 17:28
a query:

am considering hopping on the ukonline bandwagon
they say they block ports 80 8080 3128 & 25

what restrictions exactly does this cause?
i know they don't have a news server .. but does it stop you connecting to another .. also how does it fare with p2p?? (torrent & emule type affairs)?

thanks in advance ...

They are presumably blocking outbound, not inbound traffic on those ports, as they are the ones used for web pages and email. If they stopped you accessing other servers on those ports your service wouldn't work at all. The other way round, it looks like they're simply preventing you from running a web or mail server from your home.

Paul
29-12-2005, 17:39
didn't I read that ntl are going to up the bandwidth in mid 2006 or sooner? 25Mbit I think? and 50Mbit by the end of 2006.You must be dreaming, because that's not going to happen here in the real world.

Robert Atkins
29-12-2005, 18:03
You must be dreaming, because that's not going to happen here in the real world.

He was not dreaming, he definetly "read" what he says, I wrote that stuff to him in a pm ;) :p:

Chrysalis
29-12-2005, 23:08
I think slowcoach has been starting the romours about ntl 20mbit+ speeds in 2006.

rs1001
29-12-2005, 23:53
where do newsgroups fit into all this?

USENET downloads are most handy ... do they work??

Ignition
30-12-2005, 12:17
That was “The Bloke in the Pub” ;) , I think that the word now is 20 meg in a few months with 30 meg being held in reserve in case it’s needed to compete.

*Giggles*

Gotta love the 'grapevine'.

30Mbit over cable roflmao

etccarmageddon
30-12-2005, 13:40
30meg - not much call for that though other than VOD type of useage.

Enuff
30-12-2005, 15:25
omg... if it was up to some people we'd still be on dialup! lol :D

zitianaki
30-12-2005, 18:56
well tech line today dropped my line to 11megs and they gradually going to bring it up see what point the line starts to get unstable :/ hopefully it will be 14meg at least heh :S well see :) id still be happy with 11meg though dl speeds on that r good

dcclanuk
14-01-2006, 22:23
i think the MAX we can get through cable as in speeds is 30/50mb...cant remember, but it is one of them 2, so i dont think ntl will be doing 30mb this year... then they have nothing to upgrade to!

Chrysalis
15-01-2006, 18:25
50meg if I am right is more then the current ubr's total capacity per channel so not possible on current tech. (I think)