PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Best Band EVER!

Dupre
28-10-2003, 17:10
OK, ive been listening to some of the old super groups lately, and i know the average age of the UOer is about 13, but still.. im sure some people have older music tastes too.

What we're looking for is what you think is the best band ever made up if you wish of members of other bands, not necessarily the BEST in that position, but who you think deserves it more, for example id choose Clapton over Hendrix for lead guitar, but thats because its more my style of play (im a guitarist).

Drums: Phil Colins, cant knock this guy, can play any instrument and sing, pretty good drummer too :-D

Bass Guitar: Paul McCartney while true he hasnt been a real bass guitarist for a long time, hes the only guy i could think of that plays bass, and is notable.

Lead Guitar: Jeff Beck, that took ages to decide :-D was between him, clapton, paige, BB king and wes borland. but id go for jeff, excellent improviser and his solos actually LEAD somewhere rather than some of the stuff thats out now thats just there coz someone said "you need a lead riff"

Rhythm Guitar: John Mayer, hmmm why i dont really know, just has some interesting stuff in his acoustic work that makes me think hed be a good band player.

Singer: Norah Jones, oh my a token woman ;-) but really shes got a nice voice, but whether she could knock out layla in a low key i dont know, still a good voice :)

gazzae
28-10-2003, 17:37
Drums: Dave Grohl
Bass Guitar: Bill Wyman
Lead Guitar: Kurt Cobain
Vocals: Bono

Sipowicz
28-10-2003, 17:40
Richard Starkey on Drums
George Harrison Lead Guitar
John Lennon Rhthym Guitar
Paul McCartney on Bass - b*gger that's been done already.

What about:

Barrington Womble on Drums
Stig O'Hara Lead Guitar
Ron Nasty Rhthym Guitar
Dirk McGuigley on Bass!!

Dupre
28-10-2003, 17:50
lol... lemme guess, leggy mountbatten as manager?

Sipowicz
28-10-2003, 17:58
Yeah thats the fella! (hahahahaha)

Neil
28-10-2003, 18:10
Bass Guitar: Paul McCartney while true he hasnt been a real bass guitarist for a long time, hes the only guy i could think of that plays bass, and is notable.

What about Sting or Mark King? :eek:

Sipowicz
28-10-2003, 18:12
Ringo or Phil Collins on Drums,
Jeff beck or Clapton (or even John Knightsbridge) on lead, Phil Lynott or Macca on Bass, Lennon or Paul Carrack on lead vocal, Jools Holland on keyboard...

But tomorrow it might be a different choice, it's one of those that I could never answer completely!! But having fun in trying!!

Dupre
28-10-2003, 19:01
DAMN! forgot keyboards...

hmmmm... Jerry Lee Lewis, any man that can survive what he's put himself through deserves not to be messed with ;-) marrying your own 12 year old cousin too..