PDA

View Full Version : Ukreg

LooeyUK
28-10-2003, 17:09
Has anybody dealed with this rubbish company?

Few problems I had

- I ordered www.xpcnet.co.uk but realised that I chose the wrong domain. I ordered it before I noticed. So i quickly emailed UKREG so that in the morning before they submit their domains they would see my email and stop it. But no, it went through and I have to pay it.

- I then order www.ukpcnet.net. Its all registered now, its registered because when I go to it it takes me to www.ukreg.com and I have looked up on whois and my details are there. I log in and it says that I have no domains? When I have? I have 2.

- Anyway, i email their support. I get a reply saying they cannot deal with my problem because I didnt include my member number and pin. I reply back with the email and my member number and pin and get the same email back saying that I didnt include my details. I then reply the email I sent to them but I made my details in bold, underlined and in a very very large font and yet I get an email back saying they cannot help because they cannot find my details.

What is it with this company?

I then go to say that I have forgotton my details and it says to enter your domain. I enter it and it says that that domain does not exsist. hmm

Im getting seriously annoyed with company.

willie
28-10-2003, 17:46
Did you set the nameservers for your new domain name the ones that are listed are.....
NS3.UH-DNS.CO.UK
NS.UH-DNS.CO.UK
As i have about 10 domain names with this company and have always found them to be very helpful

LooeyUK
28-10-2003, 17:48
For some strange reason it has been registered in another account of mine. So all is well now.

:)

LooeyUK
28-10-2003, 17:49
Also, I dont suppose there is a way to get rid of the information the domain holds about me is there?

KingPhoenix
28-10-2003, 21:30
if you ask them nicely, if the domain is registered for "personal use" they can stop your personal details being listed. Its against the rules if its for business purposes tho apparently...

I use ukreg alot too... have about 20 - 30 domains with them, and too find them to be VERY helpful..... even better when i ring them....

Bifta
28-10-2003, 21:49
I use UKREG for all my domain registrations, always have, they're dirt cheap and I've never had a single problem.

Russ
28-10-2003, 21:51
I'm with www.easily.co.uk - always helpful and never had any trouble with them.

KingPhoenix
28-10-2003, 22:50
I'm with www.easily.co.uk - always helpful and never had any trouble with them.

They are a tad expensive....... But they seem ok

Bifta
29-10-2003, 00:41
They are a tad expensive....... But they seem ok

They appear to offer mobile phones too .. I followed the link of their main site to:

http://www.easilymobiles.com/recommended.htm

And appeared to somehow step back a few years in mobile technology.

Nor
29-10-2003, 00:56
easily are brilliant but one of the more expensive ones. Still ain't sorted out their reselling either.

MadGamer
29-10-2003, 13:51
And appeared to somehow step back a few years in mobile technology. How many years exactly?

aliferste
29-10-2003, 17:58
I did the same with one of my domains.........i emailed them around a week later and they changed it. I used 123reg