PDA

View Full Version : That Book - Should it have been published ?

Nemesis
28-10-2003, 15:28
The question nearly every Radio station has been asking ....

so, in your opinion should Paul Burrell have published his book ,what are your thoughts ...

kink
28-10-2003, 15:54

so, in your opinion should Paul Burrell have published his book ,what are your thoughts ...
I don't have a fixed opinion on it..... but would i post it if i did? :naughty:
It really depends on if his aim.... was to make lots of money :eek: or if he wanted to 'set the record straight'.... whatever that might be :erm: or if he simply wanted to create even more of a media profile for himself....

If any of these are the case.... then he's going the right way about it.... and doing the right thing.

There.... think i've been vague enough :D

All i can say is that i truly hope he gets all he deserves.... ;)

Nemesis
28-10-2003, 15:59
I don't have a fixed opinion on it..... but would i post it if i did? :naughty:
It really depends on if his aim.... was to make lots of money :eek: or if he wanted to 'set the record straight'.... whatever that might be :erm: or if he simply wanted to create even more of a media profile for himself....

If any of these are the case.... then he's going the right way about it.... and doing the right thing.

There.... think i've been vague enough :D

All i can say is that i truly hope he gets all he deserves.... ;)

Errrm, so that's a yes he should have, or .... hang on ...

Kink, you make things so easy .... :D

There is much about Diana that is still not known, Burrell was the best placed person to give that insight. I'm not expecting him to divulge secrets that will damage the monarchy, but it has proven that there is more than we know that goes on.

I think he should publish, it is a tribiute to Diana from the Butler, and the only non royal in a position to do so ... but will it tell us that much more ???

kink
28-10-2003, 16:06
Errrm, so that's a yes he should have, or .... hang on ...

Kink, you make things so easy .... :D

There is much about Diana that is still not known, Burrell was the best placed person to give that insight. I'm not expecting him to divulge secrets that will damage the monarchy, but it has proven that there is more than we know that goes on.

I think he should publish, it is a tribiute to Diana from the Butler, and the only non royal in a position to do so ... but will it tell us that much more ???
Well.... that depends on if we care? :erm: ;)

ntluser
28-10-2003, 16:23

Personally, I think he did the right thing in that it shows the environment and situation in which Diana was placed.

I find it appalling that 6 years after her death that there has been no inquest. Even a tramp in the street would have got that. It's even worse that Charles, the Princes and the Royal Family were not vociferous in demanding one.

The impression I get is that the Royals want to bury her and all the good she did. Interesting isn't it that the Royal family didn't step in to take over her place in the many charities she supported and no-one took up the issue of land-mines.

I think the Princes have forgotten their mother's teachings and example and have been seduced and bribed by the good life of wine, women, song & drugs offered by Charles. I think she would be 'mortified' at how quickly they have forgotten her.

This book is a stark reminder to them all and boy do they need it!!