PDA

View Full Version : Freeview Channels

digiman
01-11-2005, 22:30
I have a panasonic IDTV and set up seems fine but I cannot get ITV or Channel 4 on digital TV? I have tried set up several times but just get invalid DVB Channel for Ch3 and Ch4 each time? any ideas, reception strength seems good and i get all other channels ok?
Also How do I record freeview digital channels? I currently have a sky box connected and this is tuned to AV2 on my video - so I get sky digital channels on video channel AV2 but cannot tune video for freeview channels, I get all terrestrial channels ok though too.

Chris W
01-11-2005, 23:10
:welcome:

tbh i have no idea, but i am sure someone will be along shortly who can help :)

atlantis
01-11-2005, 23:55
Can your panasonic tv output tv via the scart, like my old sony could?
If so, you can use this to record to either dvd recorder/and or video, setting either to AV input.
As the tuner is built in to the tv, you cant daisy chain via the RF airiel lead, the tv is prime feed, so you'll need the scart option to record freeview channels off the tv.
Regarding the loss of ITV 1 and CH4, that's very strange, can I ask if you're using the upgraded digital outside airiel, group W?
This according to the CAI (pro body that supervises airiel installs to the member dealers throughout the country) is what's needed to gain full proper signal.

twofalls
21-07-2007, 13:31
Hello, completely new to this forum and only found you because I have lost ITV1, ITV2 and all Channel 4 channels. Have had a poor signal for a couple of weeks, retuned my TV (Panasonic 42 inch plasma) and now I just get a message saying invalid DVB channel for those channels. good job I am not a big brother fan, that's all I can say.

Can anyone help. I am not very good at these things :confused:

thanks

Itshim
01-08-2007, 12:40
My LG has A DTV out scart . When connected to my HDR it will record - But

A) TV has to be on
B) It records what the TV sees ( must say haven`t used split screen perhaps I will give that ago one day!)

As TV has a sleep program I guess I could set that & the timer on The recorder but it seems a lot of work to record something off Freeview. I would use catch up or on demand.

Never used it - just tried to see if it works. It fact hardly ever go to Freeview on a set with Virgin( I confess looking at Sky news a few times- tend to go to Euro news if fed up with news 24) :disturbd:

dave6x
01-08-2007, 15:04
Twofalls & Digiman,

ITV1,ITV2, ITV3, ITV4, Ch4, E4, Film4, More4 are all on Multiplex 2 therefore if all other digital channels are OK except for these then you probably have poor signal on the channel serving Multiplex 2. This could be due to poor signal on the channel serving Multiplex 2 from an inadequate aerial, which could be wrong aerial channel groups, incorrect alignment, incorrect orientation, etc.

Check your postcode at the link to see what it say about reception in your area http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/coverage.html

Mick Fisher
01-08-2007, 20:17
I have a panasonic IDTV and set up seems fine but I cannot get ITV or Channel 4 on digital TV? I have tried set up several times but just get invalid DVB Channel for Ch3 and Ch4 each time? any ideas, reception strength seems good and i get all other channels ok?
Also How do I record freeview digital channels? I currently have a sky box connected and this is tuned to AV2 on my video - so I get sky digital channels on video channel AV2 but cannot tune video for freeview channels, I get all terrestrial channels ok though too.
It seems to be impossible to get an installer to go on a rooftop these days so my Freeview aeriel was put up by a builder who hadn't a clue what he was doing. He also refused to take my advice to install it on a mast with the result that I get all of the same missing channels as yourself.
I am pretty confident that you will find you have a signal issue possibly due to mis-alignment or some line of sight issue.
Good luck in finding someone to put it right. I gave up and got sky+ with the intention of riding out my 12 months and then going with FreeSat.