PDA

View Full Version : Phone Fault

alanh
31-10-2005, 09:51
Picked up the phone on Wednesday evening (26/10)and got no sound at all, not even a tone when pushing buttons. Went to ntlworld to see what I could do via the website, hoping to at least report a fault via it. Went to the report a fault part of the site and of course it asks you to phone!!!!!
So phone from work on Thursday 27th to be told, someone will be with you today between 4pm - 8pm, wait in, no one comes. Phone following day from work, to be told that someone had been, but did not need to enter house as fault was outside and was not fixable on that day, but fault would be fixed on Saturday 29th. Fault not fixed, so rang again this morning (31/10) to be told that now, the earliest the fault can be rectified is the 10/11/05.

Really a great level of service!!!!:mad:

djorgensen
31-10-2005, 10:03
Only recetly did I have the same problem!

I picked up the phone on a Friday, no dial tone but there was no fault my end it was somewhere else (mind they wouldnt say where). In the end they did send an NTL engineer out, just to tell me they'd fixed it. lol

The worst thing of all was unlike BT they wouldn't divert incoming calls while the phone was out and gave me some rubbish about it not allowing them to fix the fault if they offered this service! I dont know how BT manage! lol

alanh
02-11-2005, 13:07
Bit much, though to be told on one day that the fault will be fixed within 3 days and then have the repair time increased by another 12 days.

Alan
:confused:

alanh
07-11-2005, 09:03
Bit much, though to be told on one day that the fault will be fixed within 3 days and then have the repair time increased by another 12 days.

Alan
:confused:

Got a message on the 2/11/05 to say that the Principal Technician for my area would be contacting me shortly, still waiting 7/11/05

MovedGoalPosts
08-11-2005, 11:33
alanh. I'm assuming your phone still doesn't work, and you still haven't heard from ntl. Have you been able to phone them at all - perhaps from work, a friends, a call box, anything?

How did ntl contact you to say someone would call within 2 days, but then didn't?

Has anyone said why it has to take so long to fix the problem?

alanh
08-11-2005, 11:49
No

I did contact them on 27th October. Someone came out the same day, but did not check inside or knock to tell me that he'd been. I rang again the next day (28th) to be told that there needed to be a repair to the cable and that this would take place on the Saturday(29th October). No one came, so I rang from work again on the Monday (31/10) to be told that this was an error and that no repair would take place until the 10th November, but that was all that the person I spoke to knew.

MovedGoalPosts
08-11-2005, 12:26
It does seem rather a long time to have to wait. However you do have a date scheduled for the 10th November. You can of course call CS again to reconfirm this.

Let's see how it progresses. If the fault deosn't get fixed as now scheduled, do update here, and if necessary we'll look at escalation.

alanh
11-11-2005, 08:20
It does seem rather a long time to have to wait. However you do have a date scheduled for the 10th November. You can of course call CS again to reconfirm this.

Let's see how it progresses. If the fault deosn't get fixed as now scheduled, do update here, and if necessary we'll look at escalation.

Rob C

Update

Well, it's now the 11th and phone still not fixed, apparently, someone came to fix cable yesterday, but couldn't fix ( didn't bother knocking to inform me of this as with the previous visit). So I ring NTL this morning to find out what is going on, to be told that it is now with Design as it would not be cost effective to fix in the normal way and they cannot now give me a date when it is likely to be fixed. This seems to be outrageous, as it is already 16 days since fault was reported

Alan:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :grind: :grind: :grind:

MovedGoalPosts
11-11-2005, 09:36
OK, I can raise this with our ntl contacts who can look into this and see if they can give you some straight answers.

Please send me some details via PM/ Cable Forum will hold them only as long as is needed to see your issue is addresses, and won't divulge them to anyone other than ntl.

We need:
Customer name
Address
Phone Number (the one at fault & other contact number i.e. mobile if your have one)
Account Number
Details of what has actually occured, ideally with dates..

MovedGoalPosts
11-11-2005, 10:41
I've got your PM. I've forwarded the info to our ntl contacts. Let's see what they have to say for themselves.

alanh
11-11-2005, 14:52
I've got your PM. I've forwarded the info to our ntl contacts. Let's see what they have to say for themselves.

Rob
I,ve been contacted by someone from NTL, who is trying to sort out an early solution to my repair problem. so hopefully may be sorted shortly.

Thanks very much for your help and i shall report back on what transpires.

Alan

alanh
16-11-2005, 14:37
We now have a working phone line!

As from today (16/11/05) many thanks Jill.