PDA

View Full Version : England v Samoa

Gogogo
26-10-2003, 11:24
Forgot all about the World Cup Rugby game this morning, however, managed to get home and tune in to the second half of England v Samoa,terrific game. Samoa, really toughnuts, definitely not easy. Good game it was hard work and Martin Johnson's team won. Johnny missed some kicks though....

England 35 Samoa 22.

:wavey:

iadom
26-10-2003, 13:04
To be honest it was a very poor performance from England, lots of handling errors, countless turnovers, lost line outs etc. A far worse display than the England football team put up against Turkey.:rolleyes:

Samoa did play very well though.

Cannot see England getting past the All Blacks or the Wallabies.

Gogogo
26-10-2003, 13:15
To be honest it was a very poor performance from England, lots of handling errors, countless turnovers, lost line outs etc. A far worse display than the England football team put up against Turkey.:rolleyes:

Agreed. I saw Martin Johnson afterwards and he clearly recognised the team fell short of expectations. It seems the first half, though I didn't see it, was appalling, many errors, maybe they underestimated the Samoan team. Francis Pinnaer thought the Samoans did play well and might indeed give the Springboks trouble.

Nevertheless, the English team won and it really was hard work, can't compare it to the England v Turkey soccer match, no way, it was movement and possession, the English had the possession for most of the game but made too many errors.

Australia or New Zealand, who knows? Perhaps if a game comes they may play much better. Certainly, English rugby team can do it.

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/

iadom
26-10-2003, 13:27
Agreed. I saw Martin Johnson afterwards and he clearly recognised the team fell short of expectations. It seems the first half,

Nevertheless, the English team won and it really was hard work, can't compare it to the England v Turkey soccer match, no way, it was movement and possession, the English had the possession for most of the game but made too many errors.

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/

If you get a chance, watch the repeat showing, in particular the first half. Play like that against France and you can forget N Zealand or Australia. It was diabolical.

imback
26-10-2003, 15:16
iadom is correct, if Enlgand play like that for 20 mins against one of the big boys then they will be 40 points down by half time.

Enlgland still have a lot to prove in this world cup to be honest, not a great performance against the South Africa, bad performace today, it's just going to give NZ more confidence, so if they met in the final then I think it would be pretty one sided.

carlingman
26-10-2003, 18:57

Ahem cough -

They have to get past Wales in the Quarter Finals first before they have a chance of getting the All Black or Wallabies.

Well us Welsh are hopeful and optimistic.

:)

iadom
26-10-2003, 21:28
Ahem cough -

They have to get past Wales in the Quarter Finals first before they have a chance of getting the All Black or Wallabies.

Well us Welsh are hopeful and optimistic.

:)Well you have got a good Shaw born lad playing for you ( I believe his grandad is Welsh) . I think England would have to play even worse than today to lose to Wales at the moment. Ah for the days of Barry John, JPR Williams, Gareth Davies et al.:cool:

hoggyspuds
26-10-2003, 22:05
what about the irish?.........creeping up.....lol!

yesman
26-10-2003, 22:14
England now represent the Northern Hemisphere's major hope to break the South's dominance of the Rugby World Cup, lets hope that if England can't do it, a team from the northern hemisphere can

yesman
26-10-2003, 23:51
Could there be ramifications ?

World Cup organisers are investigating why England briefly had 16 players on the pitch in the match against Samoa

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/rugby_world_cup/team_pages/england/3216433.stm

Bex
30-10-2003, 17:35
just saw on the news england were charged 10,000quid for bringing on the extra player, although they aren't having points deducted :erm: doh

iadom
30-10-2003, 17:39
just saw on the news england were charged 10,000quid for bringing on the extra player, although they aren't having points deducted :erm: doh
Well the England RFU could borrow a few quid fron the FA, they have just fined Arsenal £175.00 0.:D

Gogogo
30-10-2003, 17:56

It seems to have been an innocent error, the Australians did the same during the Namibia game but as yet no action.

So, it's Uruguay on Sunday, let's hope the team play much better than they did with Samoa.

Bex
30-10-2003, 18:00
It seems to have been an innocent error, the Australians did the same during the Namibia game but as yet no action.

So, it's Uruguay on Sunday, let's hope the team play much better than they did with Samoa.

i think they will after this incident

paulyoung666
30-10-2003, 18:45
i think they will after this incident

they will have to otherwise they are gonna get tortured if and when they meet new zealand :eeek:

iadom
30-10-2003, 19:25

I would not call "deliberately ignoring an official" an innocent error. I think they have been very lucky.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/rugby_world_cup/team_pages/england/3226331.stm

My main worry is the very high penalty count against England. Until this World Cup the had been in single figures for ages, now 15 or so every game.