PDA

View Full Version : Recomended new ISP's for the Capped 512k users??

Pudders
20-10-2005, 13:45
If you have been capped at the new 512k package and are interested in moving, then what new ISP's provide Unlimited Broadband with NTL phone line package - not BT?

Anyone know what the AOL package is like as they provide through NTL cable modems but not sure how "Nanny" their ISP is. Heard they block loads of ports etc..

Pudders

handyman
20-10-2005, 13:51
The aol service runs through 'tunnels' over ntls service. It uses similar modems but is subject to completly different usage as dictated by aol. There must be someone more knowledgable on here that will tell you about it.

One point is whilst there are many isp that advertise mo caps and unlimited service there are no isps that will tollerate abuse of a connection by very heavy p2p users. Its not what any of them will have designed their service for.

ian@huth
20-10-2005, 16:43
If you only have a NTL phoneline then the only broadband that you can get is NTL or AOL cable or a wireless ISP if one operates in your area. AOL via cable is only for their 1 Mbps service.

PeNf0lD
20-10-2005, 23:02
I'm off to Freedom2Surf adsl,I got the BT engineer comming next week and my modem/router arrived this morning.
It's 2meg unlimited for £24.99 a month and for a one off payment of £15+vat they will upgrade you to a possible max of 8meg due before xmas.