PDA

View Full Version : And you thought ntls 1meg/3gig cap was poxy?

orangebird
19-10-2005, 15:52
Wanadoo surely must take the biscuit with this (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/10/17/wanadoo_llu/) offering? :eek:

Paul
19-10-2005, 15:56
although this includes a usage cap of 2 gigs a month. :eek: :eek:

Graham M
19-10-2005, 15:57
Wanadoo surely must take the biscuit with this (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/10/17/wanadoo_llu/) offering? :eek:

So its basically a cap of 70MB a day...which could be done in less than 10 minutes worth of downloading a day!?!?!?! :erm::disturbd:

Neil
19-10-2005, 16:00

From next month, those wired up to Wanadoo's local loop unbundled (LLU) service can expect to pay £17.99 a month for an 8 meg connection, although this includes a usage cap of 2 gigs a month.

:LOL: :rofl:

jtwn
19-10-2005, 16:03
Rofl, they should burn in hell with that offering, it boggles the mind that some execs actually confirmed this product proposal.

Graham M
19-10-2005, 16:07
Its a product?

jtwn
19-10-2005, 16:09
o_O

Hans Gruber
19-10-2005, 17:45
Whatever you Wanadoo (apart from browsing the web)

Ignition
19-10-2005, 21:42
ROFL.

Considering that UKOnline will give you uncapped 2Mbit on their LLU network for £15 a month that service is absolutely hilarious.

To give them the benefit of the doubt they have a cost base when using BT due to the way they are charged. A lot of this disappears when LLU is employed.

This is profiteering in a fairly blatant way, and a seriously lame **** product.

If I could I'd get it and saturate it for a month non-stop until they write to me just so that I could respond to the phone call or email with 'bite me.'

Hrm if they are being rebranded to Orange I can just see the ads now... 'The future's bright... the future's Orange (so long as you don't want to browse for more than an hour a day)'.

Can't wait for the VoIP service. 'Free phone calls in the UK (so long as you don't talk for more than an 2 hours a day and don't surf / check email at all).

They probably charge less per GB for data via the 3G mobile network if you're on the right package.

Halcyon
19-10-2005, 23:25
I cant stand Wanadoo for several reasons !!!
That CAP is ridiculous!

Chrysalis
19-10-2005, 23:35
The worrying thing is it seems bt/wannadoo/ntl compete with each other and ignore the rest.

Shocking that they ignore ukonline offer llu similiarly priced with so much more, they basically not giving ukonline any respect and writing it of as competition, and hoping people look at the 8mbit more then the cap.

jrhnewark
19-10-2005, 23:38
Crap.

I have to say, I shall be considering not staying with Orange (mobile phones) when they rebrand. I'd rather not be associated with Wanadoo in their current formation or otherwise (along with the fact Orange are looking ever more expensive..).

The worrying thing is it seems bt/wannadoo/ntl compete with each other and ignore the rest.

Shocking that they ignore ukonline offer llu similiarly priced with so much more, they basically not giving ukonline any respect and writing it of as competition, and hoping people look at the 8mbit more then the cap.Sadly, there are enough w***ers out there who'll only see 8Mbps and not the cap, usually the pompous large-headed types.