PDA

View Full Version : What The **** Are They Doing

cnewton2k
18-10-2005, 13:55
Hi

I ordered the 1 M/Bit service for a friend about a week and a hlf ago and still havent heard anything from them.

Now i understand that they are doin CC etc on all applications which can take up to 24 hours so i dont understand what is going on.

I work for a company that process Debit and Credit Cards in association with Natwest Streamline so i understand how it works.

Can anyone shed any light on why this is taking so long?

Cheers

orangebird
18-10-2005, 13:58
Why didn't yuour friend order it? I'm sure the DPA will come into it somewhere, but I'm sure ntl can't open an account up on your instruction on someone elses behalf unless your friend has made you an authority on the proposed account... :confused:

jonbr
18-10-2005, 14:59
If you ordered it through the web site, don't expect a reply. A friend of mine didn't get any where until he phoned them.

Also, I agree with orangebird, I don't think they will do any thing until they have spoken to the person who will be the account holder.

cnewton2k
18-10-2005, 15:00
My friend is unemployed and i said that i would install it for him, sales have already got permission for the services to be install @ the property as they have spoken to my friend (Owner)

Dont understand what u are on about with regards to the DPA it wont come into it as i am opening the account in my name not theres.

NTL aint that bothered about who's name it is in, just that they have got permisson and they are going to get paid.

Pia
18-10-2005, 15:27
i am opening the account in my name not theres.

NTL aint that bothered about who's name it is in, just that they have got permisson and they are going to get paid.

Are you going to be paying the bills too? :dozey:

MovedGoalPosts
18-10-2005, 15:28
I dunno, one of the basic credit checks that I would expect a system to run would be name of account holder compared to name of householder. I'd expect that to throw up an issue?

18-10-2005, 15:31
why not give them a call, if its been a week and a half since you've spoken with them perhaps they may have pencilled in an install date, and just not got round to calling you back.
i think the DPA may have been a contention point, but as you say "My friend is unemployed and i said that i would install it for him, sales have already got permission for the services to be install @ the property as they have spoken to my friend (Owner)" that shouldnt now be an issue

Pia
18-10-2005, 15:37
I dunno, one of the basic credit checks that I would expect a system to run would be name of account holder compared to name of householder. I'd expect that to throw up an issue?

Not sure how accurate this is... or how 'enforced' by ntl it is..

There's a salesman who comes round here for ntl and he was asking if anyone had had their phone cut off so that he couod get them set up again in a different name!!
I know a lot of people that manage to have accounts in different names, although not all will be by direct debit.

I know i wasn't credit checked and i pay via DD.. Actually come to think of it i was only 17 when i signed up and i gave them a wrong date of birth to make me 18!