PDA

View Full Version : Installation Woes

ed brennan
07-10-2005, 11:46
NTL have missed 4 appointments (3 annual leave day) since May this year. At no point have I had any messages or communication. I myself have called more than 10 times.I have also written without reply. Each time I was informed that a superviser would get in touch(within 24 HR) I got my 1 st call the other day and was informed that a November date has been set. 6 MONTHS!!!!!!!

Is this a record?

Does anyone know what compensation I can request!!

The attitude is that its "Everyones , therefore nobodys fault" Is there any accountability in that company?????????

Mick
07-10-2005, 12:55
Welcome to the site ed. :welcome:

Sorry to hear about your circumstances.

Please send me some details via private message and I will forward this on to our ntl contacts. To send me a private message click on my name on this post and a drop down menu should appear. Select the option to send me a private message. Thanks.

Cerberus
07-10-2005, 15:02
NTL have missed 4 appointments (3 annual leave day) since May this year. At no point have I had any messages or communication. I myself have called more than 10 times.I have also written without reply. Each time I was informed that a superviser would get in touch(within 24 HR) I got my 1 st call the other day and was informed that a November date has been set. 6 MONTHS!!!!!!!

Is this a record?

Does anyone know what compensation I can request!!

The attitude is that its "Everyones , therefore nobodys fault" Is there any accountability in that company?????????

6 months for a new install? I'd call that a record and a serious lack of communication (as stated). Can I ask why you didn't go elsewhere for your inet services? Most people would of chosen a different ISP by now.

Cerberus
07-10-2005, 17:11
Just to add to the above as I can't edit my post, but can anyone here tell me why it would take 4 engineers to install BB at a friends house accross the road from me? Seriously as I speak now there are 4 engineers installing BB and the NTL van has its flashing yellow lights on! Ludicrous I tell you.

Very strange.:confused::confused:

Marge
07-10-2005, 17:48
Just to add to the above as I can't edit my post, but can anyone here tell me why it would take 4 engineers to install BB at a friends house accross the road from me? Seriously as I speak now there are 4 engineers installing BB and the NTL van has its flashing yellow lights on! Ludicrous I tell you.

Very strange.:confused::confused:

Could be any number of reasons but at least it is being installed, yet again dammed if they do and dammed if they don't :erm: :D

Cerberus
07-10-2005, 18:44
I ain't slaggin them (excuse the slang). Just curious as to why it eventually took 6 people as well as 4. Was really strange. Mind I did notice they were lifting some turf from my friends lawn. Probably bad access to get the cable through to the green box. Highly amusing though in a kind of way. Maybe the engineers were arranging their Friday night out or something and it was only 2 actually installing it. Anyway at least it was installed, no doubt I will get a call later if it goes wrong, after all I reccomended NTL, as I have never had a problem with their BB service at all and I have been with them for 4 years. It saddens me to read so many posts about how bad they are when imo they aren't. Hey ho, that's life I guess.:p:

ed brennan
10-10-2005, 09:47
After I began complaining many of the NTL people began hinting( Not in a subtle way) that I could go somewhere else. So sheer bloody mindedness!!!!

My dream would be to find out the name of an actual person who left me sitting in on all those occassions

SmileyMan
10-10-2005, 13:42
Missed appointments can be many things, Even if they are sent to field the right day i for one have many a time got AM appontments after 13:00 and most of the time they out when i arrived

As for the 4 / 6 engineers install just BB, From what you said it was what we call a 'Full Install' That means the drop cable needed installing to the property as well, This can be a BIG job on some properties and I myself when i did that job had ones that took most of the day, It sounds like the crew where behind and others that had finished their work for the day where helping them finish

ed brennan
10-10-2005, 14:47
I take Smiley mans point, however, it doesnt explain the fact that no NTL staff appear to be able to contact installation personnel directly during the time of the proposed installation or indeed at any other time during the process. There is no single point of contact or person who co-ordinates the work, therefore the customer can only blame an unattented duty intray

It is also surprising that nobody leaves a calling card or phones. I appreciate that these standers may only apply to my geographical area.

SmileyMan
10-10-2005, 19:12
I take Smiley mans point, however, it doesnt explain the fact that no NTL staff appear to be able to contact installation personnel directly during the time of the proposed installation or indeed at any other time during the process. There is no single point of contact or person who co-ordinates the work, therefore the customer can only blame an unattented duty intray

It is also surprising that nobody leaves a calling card or phones. I appreciate that these standers may only apply to my geographical area.

You are right customer support as no way to contact instalation direct and it has to be passed to another department

You would be supprized at the number of non working customer contact numbers there are

As for leaving calling cards this should be done but most don't and i explain why

1. Engineer calls at 10am and no body in
2. Engineer calls customer number no response, wrong number
3. Engineer cards property
4. Customer gets in say 3pm and has forgot (Or not been informed) and calls number
5. Two hours later when enginner has driven 80 miles home he gets call and told he has to go back and install it (Even though it was a AM call)
6. Engineer gets ticked off
7. Engineer dont get paid a single penny extra for a dual roll out

Basicly NTL will stiff installations to get figuires in, What should happen is that new date is set with customer but dont happen

spike7451
13-10-2005, 01:22
Up until last month i used to work for NTL ,Not the contractors.One of the biggest fubars we had was buggered up time slots!The amount of times i'd call for & a job,no one in & then,providing the customer contact number was right(which 70% OF THE TIME WAS wrong!!)i'd call the punter only to find out we were'nt expected for xx days/weeks or not at all!
Thankfully,i now work for Sky which seem to be a far more proffesional outfit compared to NTL!( and i've only been ther 3 weeks!!)