PDA

View Full Version : help needed!!!

ginge
04-10-2005, 22:58
We've had NTL Digital for a fair while and when i heard of the increase from 750k to 2mb I called NTL to put the speed up. They explained that the Pace cablebox has to be replaced with a shiny, sparkly new samsung box, fair enough i thought, and arranged for them to come round 3 weeks later. So after bookin the day off due to NTL's between 12-6 policy and 6 hours of twidlin my thumbs, lookin for stuff to do no-one showed. I then arranged for them to come on a saturday, almost a certain thing i would be in all day abeit hungover......no one showed.

That was 5 months ago! So after those 5 months of think fook NTL I'll just have a less than reliable cable box let it hang up once in a while and stick with what i've got, i thought better (livin in a 3 storey house it becomes a real pain , runnin down loadsa stairs to disconnect the router and then switch of the cable box, let it ppower back up, plug the wires back in the router and re-connectin) and rung NTL to sort it out finally, so friday 30th i book a half day off work and sit watchin the matrix reloaded at home....2 o'clock passes, 3 o'clock passes, 4 o'clock passes, etc. So at 6ish I decide WTF are they playin at, ring NTL to find out what the script is spoken with a nice fella at their contact centre. No point gettin mad at a dude on the end of a fone, so i explain what happened and he calls me back 20 minutes later to explain that its an independant contractor for NTL who is meant to be puttin the box in, but requested that they call us back on saturday (he mentioned they hung up on him they 1st time he tried to speak to them!!!!)

Well NO call ever arrived on saturday, and i'm mightly ****ed off after havin my chain royally yanked 3 times. ALL I WANT IS 2MB BB!!!! I'll even install it myself if they leave me the damn box!

If anyone from NTL can help I would be very grateful. I live in the stockport area if its any help

marky
04-10-2005, 23:08
:welcome: To cf
I'm sure one of the team can help, they are very good :tu:

Halcyon
04-10-2005, 23:11
Welcome to the forums. :welcome:
I'm sure someone will be able to help you out shortly.

You may wish to let NTL know about the problems you have been having.
You can send a note to them using the Responsetek system here

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=81

patrickp
05-10-2005, 00:57
Two things you can try, ginge - I had the same problem as you.

First, when I rang ntl to get the 759Kb to 2Mb upgrade, the CS person told me there was a big backlog on Samsung boxes - and suggested I 'downgrade' to IMb, which my Pace box could handle. So I did - at least I got a faster speed _and_ saved some money that way.

After a couple of months and no Samsung box, despite ringing CS several times, another helpful CS person suggested I have a cable modem instead, and run that for internet alongside the Pace box for TV. So I did that and now I'm on 2Mb - works very nicely, thank you.

Why not try one or the other of those options?