PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone work for Orange? Please Help! :0(

pop80_uk
01-10-2005, 17:42
Hey Guys and Gals.
Im having huge problems with my Orange mobile at the moment.
Basically my contract expired last month. Fine you may think......Oh no!

I phoned up to try and get the same deal as a new customer would get and was met with an instant problem. They would not offer me the same offer as a new customer so I was put through to disconnections. Fine...So they put me through but I declined to be cut off at that moment in time.

So I ordered a new phone and package like a new customer would, and now the problems begin. Apparently my address and DOB is wrong in their system so my order can not be processed. (well ive been having bills to to this address for the past 12months so when did it change!!??)
So they alter my address, and now they want my Birth certificate to prove my DOB, NO WAY!!!!

Its obvious that the bloke in dis-connections has changed all my details to stop me from starting as a new customer, and now they are making it as tricky as possible to alter thoose details back to what they were.

Im really not happy at all. So if anyone works for Orange on here and can offer any advice? Or anybody can offer advice Id appreciate it.

Im sort of running out of options.:mad:

Hom3r
01-10-2005, 17:45
What about another mobile operator

Jules
01-10-2005, 17:47
While I can not help you I just wanted to say that I have never heard of a mobile phone company wanting your birth certificate :confused: If it was me I would take my custom else were, I hope some one here can help you

Charlie_Bubble
01-10-2005, 18:16
Tell them to sod off and go to another network. Why would you want to stay with a company that wants to treat you like this for just trying to sign back up!

AndrewJ
01-10-2005, 18:26
Orange have the WORST cs people ever known to mankind.

marky
01-10-2005, 18:30
Orange have the WORST cs people ever known to mankind. Nope what about 3 :Yikes:

jonifen
01-10-2005, 18:55
I've always found Orange CS to be helpful. I find it hard to understand the broad scottish accent, but I have that problem at work too :)

I would go into the Orange shop and maybe talk to someone there. Take a leaflet from the o2 or T-Mobile shop and make a point of showing it when you mention you're pretty angry with how you've been treated and have been looking elsewhere. Make sure you say "I know this is not your personal doing" as sometimes they may feel like you're having a go at them, when you're just complaining about their company.

Alternatively, call Orange up, demand to speak to a supervisor.
Tell them you want to renew your contract and would prefer to stay with them for the reason of <insert any of 'good coverage', 'reasonable priced bills' etc> but you obviously (like any other person) would prefer to pay less if possible. Mention you know of people that have had good deals at upgrade time (Orange match the 3 network's tariffs for existing customers - this is a true fact) and say you're curious as to why you're not being offered something similar.

You could also mention watchdog and oftel if they refuse to be helpful. ALWAYS get a name from who you speak to though - this could come in useful later on.

Trust me though, Orange are a million miles better than Vodafone... I was promised 2 bluetooth headsets to renew my contract on VF. When I called to accept it they said "oh, theres no note of that here" and of course, I failed to get the guys name I spoke to so I had nothing to back me up. So I demanded my PAC code (so I could take my number to Orange) and left.

etccarmageddon
01-10-2005, 19:02
Orange have the WORST cs people ever known to mankind.A few months back I got put through to this girl who was manic and completely useless - she was obviously poorly trained and appeared to have been put on the phone line as her training! I complained and spoke to her manager who was an obnoxious rude cow after I pointed the poor assistance I had got from this girl. bloody useless.

having said that, we stopped at the orange shop today in altrincham and the customer service was excellent. the lad was very good at his job.

nffc
01-10-2005, 19:15
Orange have the WORST cs people ever known to mankind.A few months back I got put through to this girl who was manic and completely useless - she was obviously poorly trained and appeared to have been put on the phone line as her training! I complained and spoke to her manager who was an obnoxious rude cow after I pointed the poor assistance I had got from this girl. bloody useless.

We were on the phones in training, so?

etccarmageddon
01-10-2005, 19:23
did the volume of your voice go up and down? did you almost scream at the customer? did you sound like you were over dosed on speed? she did!

Florence
01-10-2005, 19:38
Hey Guys and Gals.
Im having huge problems with my Orange mobile at the moment.
Basically my contract expired last month. Fine you may think......Oh no!

I phoned up to try and get the same deal as a new customer would get and was met with an instant problem. They would not offer me the same offer as a new customer so I was put through to disconnections. Fine...So they put me through but I declined to be cut off at that moment in time.

So I ordered a new phone and package like a new customer would, and now the problems begin. Apparently my address and DOB is wrong in their system so my order can not be processed. (well ive been having bills to to this address for the past 12months so when did it change!!??)
So they alter my address, and now they want my Birth certificate to prove my DOB, NO WAY!!!!

Its obvious that the bloke in dis-connections has changed all my details to stop me from starting as a new customer, and now they are making it as tricky as possible to alter thoose details back to what they were.

Im really not happy at all. So if anyone works for Orange on here and can offer any advice? Or anybody can offer advice Id appreciate it.

Im sort of running out of options.:mad:

I will ask a friend who works for Orange to have a look and see if he can help. I can't promise but I will ask him to read this when he is online later on he has always been helpful in our chatroom and you might have to join the room to give him some details for him to check.

Florence
01-10-2005, 20:58
I have spoken to my friend and he has read the post in this thread..
I have removed his name from the IRC answer.

1) the csr wouldnt have changed his details, it aint worth his job!
im not sure about the address thing, tis a bit strange
the dob could be incorrect due to a typing error by either the csr or the dealership (they use a system called enable to process registrations sometimes where they enter all the data for us)
csr's in retentions normally perform a larger security check in order to 100% confirm that it is the customer (problems have occurred in the past where phones4u have called to cancel a contract for them and do not pass important details to the customer)
if he didnt answer his dob correctly (or answerwed what was on the system thats the only thing i can think of but without looking at the notes im not sure) then he'd have failed the security check then theyd request proofs to be sent through
basically just to check that it is him

i could have a look once i have access to the systems again when im back in darlington
probably sometime through the week
probably the easiest thing to do would be to go into an orange shop with proofs
another possibility is he's only had his billing address changed on his previous account and his permanent address is an old one so they dont match up and things have flagged up
looking at that post though he may have been re-credit checked when he ordered his new handset
since he's got another account, its flagged up and been referred and the info hasnt matched up
so referrals will automatically request proofs, its something that im not allowed the override and the proofs would have to be faxed through, but again can be done at an orange shop for him
but would need to speak to him

You can talk to him in the mIRC chatroom or his msn if you PM me your MSN details I can pass them to him.

pop80_uk
01-10-2005, 23:03
Thank you everyone!
Florence Ive PM'd you, thanks