PDA

View Full Version : installation cock up!!!

bigtrevster
27-09-2005, 11:29
hi all,first post here....actully its the reason i joined.i moved house a few week's ago rang ntl to get installed in the new place and to transfeer my services,i was told yea friday the 16th.....friday came and gone so i rang on monday....blah blah ok sir it will be a week monday the 26th,well yesterday (the 26th) a fella called twice looking for the cable box,i didnt lift it from the house i explained but we are suposed to be getting installed today,he said not to worrie and they should be out later,it was suposed to be done before 12,sooooooo 3pm i rang from a friend's house to be told it was tuesday the 27 installation was going to take place,the woman tryed to say they i wasnt told the 26th,bit of an insult!! but hea i left it all hoping tomorrow would see me fitted.Well 2 engineers called out today at 9:30 and said they couldnt install to my house because they thought it was a refit....made 2 phone call's to confirm they couldnt do it......ok back to my mates house 39 min's on the phone 1st guy i got said they will call before 12 altho i told him 4 times they had been and told me i was not getting installed,he put me threw to someone else who after 10 of on hold was helpfull and he grasped what i was saying,tryed to get threw to his supervisor for 10 min's with me on hold yet again and told me he couldnt get threw that he would ring my mobile and let me know what is happening.....true to his word he phoned,im SUPOSED to get installed on thursday,im not hopefull!!!.im thinking of canceling and going to bt....the house is wired for it and i need the phone.what ya reckon guy's???? 2 day's off work it has cost me...using my mobile a lot cost a fortune,still paying ntl for non excisting service and i need the phone cause my wife is due in a week so it's tense times.think im goint to go b.t. advise me guy's and i will have a peek later when im back at my mates

MovedGoalPosts
27-09-2005, 12:01
:welcome: to Cable Forum :D Just sorry it is not in better circumstances :(

You have been given the run around. That's very poor and I'm not surprised you are considering switching to BT.

Have a look at Responsetek (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/ntl.php) which feeds information into ntl at a high level. Senior management of NTL do pay attention to comments being made via it.

Mick
27-09-2005, 13:12
Hi bigtrevster,

If you want me to raise this with our ntl contact - please can you provide me with some details via private message. To send me a private message, click on my name on this post and a drop down menu should appear, select the option to send me a private message. Thanks. :)

bigtrevster
28-09-2005, 09:17
havent got java on this machine im afrade,hopefully my moaning will subside tomorrow if/when the installation takes place,i will however refuse to pay for my bill from the 16th to the 28th....i dont see it as fair.anyway thanks guy's!!!

bigtrevster
29-09-2005, 13:13
complaining over,all running again!!! just hope they dont expect me to pay for the near 3 week's of non service.