PDA

View Full Version : First Aid for iPods

Paul K
24-09-2005, 07:33
St John Ambulance has launched first-aid tips that can be downloaded onto MP3 players, phones and CDs.
iFIRSTAID offers advice on the steps someone should take if they come across an accident scene.
The charity said it was prompted by the 25% increase in inquiries about first aid courses it received immediately after the July bombings in London.
People can access and download the files online at [url]www.sja.org.uk/ifirstaid (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4269434.stm[/URL).
Users can access information about identifying and treating burns, bleeding, shock and fractures, giving rescue breaths and chest compressions and putting someone in the recovery position.

Halcyon
24-09-2005, 10:22
That sounds like a fantastic idea.
I'm off to download some now.
This can help in saving someones life so its all well worth it.

Paul K
24-09-2005, 10:24
BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4269434.stm)
St John Ambulance has launched first-aid tips that can be downloaded onto MP3 players, phones and CDs.
iFIRSTAID offers advice on the steps someone should take if they come across an accident scene.
The charity said it was prompted by the 25% increase in inquiries about first aid courses it received immediately after the July bombings in London.
People can access and download the files online at www.sja.org.uk/ifirstaid.
Users can access information about identifying and treating burns, bleeding, shock and fractures, giving rescue breaths and chest compressions and putting someone in the recovery position.
Doh trust me to break the BBC link url :rolleyes:

punky
24-09-2005, 10:30
Sounds like a great idea. I am just waiting for Apple to sue the **** off SJA over the name of it... They will, I wouldn't put anything past them.

Paul K
24-09-2005, 10:33
Sounds like a great idea. I am just waiting for Apple to sue the **** off SJA over the name of it... They will, I wouldn't put anything past them.
Don't you just love companies that do that :erm: You would think they would jump on it for positive publicity instead.

toots66
25-09-2005, 22:50
Apple won't do anything about it. If SJA had called it "iPodFirstAid" then they probably would to protect the iPod trademark. Just sticking "i" in front of a word will not unleash Apple's lawyers.

Stuart
25-09-2005, 23:42
Actually, I suspect the only reason Apple haven't sued anyone who launches a product or service with a name beginning with "I" is that the courts would stop them. The reason being (and the reason Intel lost various actions against companies using x86 as part of their product name, leading intel to invent the word "Pentium") that any attempt to trademark a number or letter means that people could then be sued for using normal language. Apple would be able to sue anyone using words beginning with I. Wouldn't be a problem with iPod as there are no words that begin with the letters "iPod".