PDA

View Full Version : Vauxhall corsa help needed

iain_herts
21-09-2005, 13:13
right here goes got in my car yesterday put the keys in and the millage display instead of saying my millage said something like (inSP) any1 got any ideas what it means im think slong the lines of inspect something but doesnt show any error codes.

the car is a vauxhall corsa 2000 xreg 1.0i 3 cylinder

iain

orangebird
21-09-2005, 13:15
right here goes got in my car yesterday put the keys in and the millage display instead of saying my millage said something like (inSP) any1 got any ideas what it means im think slong the lines of inspect something but doesnt show any error codes.

iain

It's probably due a service.

Nugget
21-09-2005, 13:18
Everything I can find says the same thing as OB (see, she is good ;) )

The link here shows a way to get it off if you want to as well:

http://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/Motoring/Question107651.html

iain_herts
21-09-2005, 13:20
thanks for that must mean iv had it a year then as it was serviced wen i got it a year ago thanks

SMHarman
21-09-2005, 13:37
(inSP)ection a.k.a. Service

ScaredWebWarrior
21-09-2005, 20:51
said something like (inSP) any1 got any ideas what it means
In Need of Something Powerful?

Nidge
22-09-2005, 02:59

iain

My missus has got one and it says the same when it's ready for a service, you have to take it to the main dealer to have it taken off, it's a way of them making money from you.

th'engineer
22-09-2005, 14:28
My missus has got one and it says the same when it's ready for a service, you have to take it to the main dealer to have it taken off, it's a way of them making money from you.

oh no you do not have to there is a sequence which involves the trip meter switch and the ignition switch on off to re set the indicator.

not quite sure of the sequence

orangebird
22-09-2005, 14:30

My VW has one of these things, and I just take it to my local garage for a service and they manage to reset it for me.... ?

Nidge
22-09-2005, 19:03
oh no you do not have to there is a sequence which involves the trip meter switch and the ignition switch on off to re set the indicator.

not quite sure of the sequence

Well we've tried all the sequences and nothing works.

iain_herts
22-09-2005, 19:06
ok i got mine turned off what i did was ignition off push down the millage rest for a few secs while holding down turn ignition back on and it will display 3-4 of these --- once that comes up depress the millage rest work on mine yesterday

Nidge
22-09-2005, 19:57
ok i got mine turned off what i did was ignition off push down the millage rest for a few secs while holding down turn ignition back on and it will display 3-4 of these --- once that comes up depress the millage rest work on mine yesterday

I'll give it another go.

It didn't work.

iain_herts
22-09-2005, 20:08
is it a new or old corsa

ZrByte
22-09-2005, 20:53
I could be wrong but ive heard the only way to do it on a corsa unless you have the correct tools is the paperclip trick. it involves bridging two connections with a paperclip, couldnt say wich ones though, there are always hundreds of items on ebay where the seller will just email you the info you need when you win.

marky
22-09-2005, 20:58
mmmm a quick google comes up with this bit of a forum http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post?f=4&t=29816and it sounds like something that has allready been said :erm:

iain_herts
22-09-2005, 21:02
the only time u will need to use the paper clip is if the service light comes on but seeing as its only the millage display u only have to hold the reset and turn ignition on works on mine did it yesterday

Nidge
23-09-2005, 04:59
is it a new or old corsa

y reg mate.

ZrByte
23-09-2005, 11:53
y reg mate.

Okay the first post says its x reg, wich means it could be old or new since thats when the new shape started to appear. Im thinking its the new shape since the old ones had very basic analogue displays right until the end of the line as far as I know.
Though strictly speaking it still wouldnt be the new shape since the corsas had a facelift around this time last year :)

jonifen
30-09-2005, 18:11
Our Zafira has the same message coming up. We just ignore it as we know its been serviced up just fine :)

the only time u will need to use the paper clip is if the service light comes on but seeing as its only the millage display u only have to hold the reset and turn ignition on works on mine did it yesterday
The mileage reset? Ahh... will give that a go after the next service if the guy doesn't do it himself (should be getting it done next week as it happens). Thanks for that though Iain... a greenie for your troubles!

edit: While I think on... being one of those geeks who likes to work out MPG, is this procedure likely to reset the trip meter mileage?

iain_herts
30-09-2005, 18:33
i couldnt really say as i dont have that on my corsa but dont think it would tho.

yes my car is a x reg new shape for 2000