PDA

View Full Version : Another No Install

JimtheScot
20-09-2005, 17:00
On the 6/9/05 I phoned to arrange to have my service transferred from 33 Sandy Rd, flat 3 / 1, Glasgow, G11 as I was moving house.
I was given an install date of Tuesday 13/9/05 in the afternoon. After I was given that date I arranged with my work to take off that day.
I phoned NTL on Monday the 12/9/05 to confirm that they where still calling, to be informed that there was nothing whatsoever booked for me. I asked who I was speaking to as I didnâ₠¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t get the girlâ₠¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s name who took the original order, I was told I was speaking to Rafiq, I asked to be put through to a supervisor, I explained I was very upset as to having to take time off work, only to find out my transfer hadnâ₠¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t been processed. He was outraged that the girl had given me as install date without confirming with †œMoves and Transfers †œdept. He apologised and arranged for me to be installed on the following Monday the 19/9/05. I asked if there where any cancels coming up in the following week, to put my name down as I was desperate for the phone and Internet back on, he said he would send an email and I might get installed before the 19/9/05.
I again arranged with my work to get time off, and duly waited, eventually I phoned NTL, to be told †œ oh sorry but your order hasnâ₠¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t been scheduled †œ which meant again I wasnâ₠¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t going to get my phone installed that day. I asked who I was talking to, a Darren from Moves and Transfers, who stated that there where no notes on my account, he noticed that someone had sent an email asking to be put in the queue for any cancelled orders, but nothing else. He then arranged for my next install date for the following Monday 26/9/05.
So twice NTL have given me a date for install, and twice it hasnâ₠¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t been processed correctly.
What is going on I have now lost two days pay, which I work out at £53 per day, £106 .

Why do NTL hate me, I have been a good customer for over 5 years, and pay my bills promptly by direct debit

Mick
20-09-2005, 17:02
Hi JimtheScot, :welcome:

If you would like to send me some details via private message - like a name and contact number - I will forward this on to our ntl contact. To send me a private message - click on my name on this post and a drop down menu should appear and select the option to send me a private message. Thanks. :)

JimtheScot
20-09-2005, 18:11
Thanks Mick for replying and the PM, I still intend phoning NTL every day to make sure my install scheduled for Monday the 26/9/05, goes ahead and no one from Moves and Transfers manages to cancel it.

Slyder
20-09-2005, 18:22
Thanks Mick for replying and the PM, I still intend phoning NTL every day to make sure my install scheduled for Monday the 26/9/05, goes ahead and no one from Moves and Transfers manages to cancel it.

Good idea m8. I know how annoying it can be taking the day of work (without pay) only to be given bad news after the damage has been done. Keep us updated mate and I hope you get this sorted sharpish.

Robz
20-09-2005, 18:30
The ntl support and other departments are rubbish anyway. Heh.

gavnad
20-09-2005, 18:44
my sister has fallen foul of moves and transfers,and whilst i hate to pour scorn on fellow ntl associates that dept is in some sort of a mess,probably everyones doing their best but ohhhh the cock ups my sister had to endure

JimtheScot
21-09-2005, 13:55
Ok, credit where credit is due.
Iâ₠¬ÃƒÆ’¢â€žÂ¢d like to say thanks to Mick who asked me to PM him and he would look into this for me. He must have got in touch with Linda from the Compliance team in Belfast who called me today, who has taken over my problem. She has guaranteed that my order has been placed correctly for Monday 26/9/05. She has apologised for the previous two orders not being processed correctly. And she has Credited me my two days lost wages.
So many thanks to two competent NTL workers Mick and Linda, you have restored my faith in most of NTL again, Iâ₠¬ÃƒÆ’¢â€žÂ¢ve still got my suspicions about Moves and Transfers dept though

Nemesis
21-09-2005, 14:57
...erm None of the Team work for NTL, we just have some very good contacts ;) :D

Rough.D
21-09-2005, 15:31
...erm None of the Team work for NTL, we just have some very good contacts ;) :D

I know you move in some mysterious ways Simon :) ;)

JimtheScot
22-09-2005, 13:59

Wow, didn't know that Simon, I thought you guys worked for NTL. Well Thanks anyway for giving us digruntled NTL punters somewhere to turn to when all seems lost.

JimtheScot
27-09-2005, 16:20
Well I finally got installed yesterday.
So i'd just say thanx to all on this Forum who helped. Linda from Customer Care in Belfast, for bring really helpful and with a sexy voice, and Stuart Mcbean the install guy who did a clean tidy install.
Cheers from someone who is really amazed with the response i got once i posted on this forum.

Mick
27-09-2005, 16:34
Glad its now sorted - thanks for feeding back to us Jim. :)