PDA

View Full Version : 11-88-88

scrotnig
18-10-2003, 21:30
Full marks to Russ's company still, several months into the 192 shake up and I still consider them up to scratch. They've not given me a wrong number once yet and I do use it fairly frequently.

Russ
18-10-2003, 21:31
Get ready for the redundancies......

scrotnig
18-10-2003, 21:33
Get ready for the redundancies......

Oo-er.....have they some planned? Or is this the ones that have already been announced that were apparently temp staff?

Russ
18-10-2003, 22:13
There are times when teams of staff (about 15 per team) are just sitting there, twiddling their thumbs waiting for calls to come through. One part of my job is to try and route calls to these 'drought' areas and frankly it gets a bit tedious emailing TLs to find out if they have anyone on their team who could do with a few more calls for training or to boost their stats.

scrotnig
18-10-2003, 23:13
There are times when teams of staff (about 15 per team) are just sitting there, twiddling their thumbs waiting for calls to come through. One part of my job is to try and route calls to these 'drought' areas and frankly it gets a bit tedious emailing TLs to find out if they have anyone on their team who could do with a few more calls for training or to boost their stats.

Let's hope the call volumes increase sufficiently to sort this....it'd be awful to see anyone made redundant! Especially as I feel that demand will gradually increase as the public begin to get used to which services are worthwhile calling and which are not.

scrotnig
18-10-2003, 23:15
On a related note, I found it amusing to get a flyer from Orange with my mobile bill, promoting their own directory service as 'the cheapest you can call from your Orange phone' at 60p a call.

A one-search call to 118888 from my Orange phone appears on my bill at around 35p plus VAT.

Richard M
18-10-2003, 23:25

Is this for the central Cardiff call centre?
If so, do you know a TL called Natalie G?

Anyway, if you ever have any news on this kind of thing, I'm sure it will be welcome on the site as it is vaguely related to NTL.

Russ
19-10-2003, 10:00
No I'm in Swansea. As I'm involved with TLs from Swansea, Cardiff, Gloucester and Welwyn Garden City plus my memory is pants I'm not too sure about the person you mention, as I was sure there was a TL called Natalie G in Gloucester...:disturbd: