PDA

View Full Version : Mein Kampf

Jerrek
18-10-2003, 21:01
Has anyone here read it? It is an excellent book and I can definitely recommend it. It gives you a peek into the soul of a smart, but crazy man.

Russ
18-10-2003, 21:05
....and for those who've got no idea what it's about, it's Hitler book which he wrote while he was imprisoned before he officially became a total nutcase.

Paul K
18-10-2003, 21:08
Prefer
Hitler, My part in his downfall :) But thats just me.

Atomic22
19-10-2003, 19:03
realistically the book is a bore but its an insight into the mind of a world dominator....the thing is he wrote it ten years before he came to power and the rest of the world who read "my struggle" and watched him do exactly what he had written in the book regarding the slavs and soviets and leibensraum etc seemed to ignore the bit about removing the jewish problem and thought he wasnt serious , even after the world witnessed jews being treated as second class citizens at the 1936 olympic games in berlin

Gogogo
19-10-2003, 19:48
....and for those who've got no idea what it's about, it's Hitler book which he wrote while he was imprisoned before he officially became a total nutcase.

Read it when I did history for my degree. I would suggest he was already a fruitcake when it was written, I think one of his minions wrote it, Hitler was not capable of scribbling it. It's a work of insanity, a work of a man deeply disturbed; not really bedtime reading; more like nightmare reading; his anti-semitism is ghastly; rants about his life, history of the nazis, announces his own anti-semitic views; proposals for party policy, rants about enemies, and future policy. It has turgid language, bad style and is repititious and sickening. It has no value at all for the 21st century. Though at the time more people could have read it and be forewarned of his intentions.

Anyway, Hitler was never a smart man he dragged his country and Europe into total ruin.

Better off sticking with Harry Potter.

:cool:

Theodoric
20-10-2003, 20:05
Has anyone here read it? It is an excellent book and I can definitely recommend it. It gives you a peek into the soul of a smart, but crazy man.
Too true about the smart bit. Hitler made a tidy sum out of its sales. IIRC, it was a standard (possibly even mandatory) wedding present in Germany during the Nazi era. However, I do find it worrying when anyone calls it excellent as opposed to, say, informative.