PDA

View Full Version : Tiscali £14.99 1meg no cap plus free calls!

Vlad_Dracul
19-09-2005, 19:19
I have been an ntl BB customer for quite a few years. I started by paying £15.99 for a 300k service,then £17.99 for a 512k service now upgraded to £17.99. It niggles that my long term custom is not recognised by NTL in that they are quite happy to let newbies get the same service for £9.99pm and even worse,I read that if i trouble myself to ring NTL,chances are they'd reduce my 17.99pm to 9.99 pm to retain me as a customer!. Does that sound like a consistant policy?.not to me. An email to NTL CS produced a standard bland reply. I am therefore looking round and now note that tiscali offer 1mb BB uncapped for £14,99p m plus you can opt for free evening & weekend uk landline calls!!. Has anyone else switched to tiscali??

thanks

paul11974
19-09-2005, 19:44
dont you need a bt phone line

fudge
19-09-2005, 20:19
I came from tiscali to ntl , ntl are much much better.

constant connection loss with tiscali bb
Leave well alone

Yes you do need a bt phone line

SLM
19-09-2005, 20:35
I have been an ntl BB customer for quite a few years. I started by paying £15.99 for a 300k service,then £17.99 for a 512k service now upgraded to £17.99. It niggles that my long term custom is not recognised by NTL in that they are quite happy to let newbies get the same service for £9.99pm and even worse,I read that if i trouble myself to ring NTL,chances are they'd reduce my 17.99pm to 9.99 pm to retain me as a customer!. Does that sound like a consistant policy?.not to me. An email to NTL CS produced a standard bland reply. I am therefore looking round and now note that tiscali offer 1mb BB uncapped for £14,99p m plus you can opt for free evening & weekend uk landline calls!!. Has anyone else switched to tiscali??

thanks

You name me one big company that does not offer new customers only better deals just to get them on there books, there are companies out there that offer old customers deals but you will find that you have to re-sign a contract.

I also looked into tiscali (just because there are so many ads at the mo) there is a cap limit but they call it "fair usage" so if you do p2p or the likes you WILL find yourself either getting cut off for a month or "asked" to pay more.

My brother had tiscali and he has said that never again will he go back with all the trouble he had them with connections dropping or not being able to get one in the first place.;)

atlantis
19-09-2005, 22:47
Tiscali have a very bad reputation, read what people are saying in the message boards section, on www.adslguide.org.uk (http://www.adslguide.org.uk)

jtwn
19-09-2005, 23:29
These 'fair usage' polices are getting very dubious. To me now, they just mean its capped at say 150gb or so, but they don't anticipate hoards of users will be using that much so can chuck them off and claim it as an 'isolated and extreme' case of usage.

This way they can blab about their unlimited deals and flood in the users who think it will be the land of milk and honey.