PDA

View Full Version : Epsom stylus 600 Printer has become incontinent

Maggy
18-10-2003, 16:02
It dribbles colour ink over all my documents.I've replaced the colour cartridge but it continues to dribble in the wrong places.It's only 5/6 years old but it keeps doing this.Do you think I need a new one?

If you do has anyone got any suggestions bearing in mind I've not got a lot of disposable cash?

Incog. :)

MikeyB
18-10-2003, 16:19
I've had 3 Epson printers in the past, one of them being a 600 Color.
Two had the exact same problem with as yours (the 600 was one of them), and the other one the opposite, hardly any ink comming out.
My last one lasted less than 2 years before I chucked it.

The problem with Epson's is when you change the ink cartridge you don't change the print head with it, which turns out to be a bad thing as they get all gunged up!!!

I'll never have another Epson, got a lovely HP now.

Seeing as you can pick up a priter for less than £50 these days I doubt it's worth bothering with your existing one.

A quick look on the PC World website shows 5 for under £50, one is an Epson so I wouldn't get that!!
Personally I'd go for the HP DJ3550 out of them, Lexmark cartridges are expensive.

Graham
19-10-2003, 01:20
The problem with Epson's is when you change the ink cartridge you don't change the print head with it, which turns out to be a bad thing as they get all gunged up!!!

A head cleaning cartridge for an Epson 600 is £2.48 including VAT and delivery from http://www.printcartridge.net.

They also have compatible cartridges at extremely good prices.

MikeyB
19-10-2003, 09:12
A head cleaning cartridge for an Epson 600 is £2.48 including VAT and delivery from http://www.printcartridge.net.

They also have compatible cartridges at extremely good prices.

I've personally never had any luck with those cleaning cartridges, it just poured that all over the place instead of ink!!
Worth a try tho, if you don't fancy getting a new printer.

Bizarre
19-10-2003, 10:08
I've had 3 Epson printers in the past, one of them being a 600 Color.
Two had the exact same problem with as yours (the 600 was one of them), and the other one the opposite, hardly any ink comming out.
My last one lasted less than 2 years before I chucked it.

I'll never have another Epson, got a lovely HP now.

Seeing as you can pick up a priter for less than £50 these days I doubt it's worth bothering with your existing one.

A quick look on the PC World website shows 5 for under £50, one is an Epson so I wouldn't get that!!
Personally I'd go for the HP DJ3550 out of them, Lexmark cartridges are expensive.

I'd agree with the HP sugestion. I've had 3 Epsons & have ditched them all. Now have an HP 5550 - excellent quality & very reliable. :smokin:

Maggy
24-10-2003, 23:27
Damn! I've been looking at http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/Printers/a6b3c0d0e0x0y1z1p1s0n0m0

And I just don't know what to go for.It's so bl**dy confusing.

Do I go for USB or stick with the usual(I am running out of USB's who'd have thought 4 wouldn't be enough)printer connection?It has to be around the £50-£60 mark but will this give me what I want?I do want as good a photo/pictures images as I can get for my bucks.However I don't want to be paying through the nose for the dratted ink cartridges

Anyone got a place that does a good comparing of printers and consumables?

Incog. :)

Xaccers
24-10-2003, 23:58
I've got an epson C62, colour cart is £20 somthing

Sipowicz
25-10-2003, 01:07
I have 2 Epson printers at the moment; both Photoquality (1290 A3+ and the Photo 900) both take the same cartridges, but the 900 prints directly to CD or DVD as well, all for £99. You will not get much better photoquality for your money than the 1290, but that is £300. I have been using compatible inks in mine for a year and I have not had any problems. My original Epson 740 (about to be donated to my daughter) has been running perfectly for the last 4 years on compatible ink. The last lot I bought cost me £25 for 5 matched pairs!

:)

Maggy
30-10-2003, 14:10
in the end i went with an epsom cc4 series because

a.it was cheap.
b.it was cheap.
c.it was cheap.
also although i've had problems recently this last epsom actually lasted 6 years which says something for the quality of epsoms.
plus epsom goods are soooooo easy to install.the scanner i bought earlier in the year was testament to that.this latest addition was no exception. it was a doddle to set up.

incog.nice to be able to print some nice piccys again.:)

MikeyB
30-10-2003, 21:48
Cool, glad you got a new printer, and hope you have many happy colourful hours with it :)

P.S. It's Epson by the way!

Matthew
30-12-2007, 00:03
I was in Tesco tonight and they have a HP one in there for £30 at the moment, worth a look if you have a local Tesco.

Mal
30-12-2007, 00:16
Matthew, the thread is from 2003. ;)

Matthew
30-12-2007, 01:09
LOL So it is. I just clicked on the new posts link and it brought this one up for some reason.

Mal
30-12-2007, 01:19
LOL So it is. I just clicked on the new posts link and it brought this one up for some reason.It's in the reported posts, so I think that a spammer had posted something here and it's been removed :)