PDA

View Full Version : Install digital tv

chris_mc_1266
15-09-2005, 23:42
well the order has finally be set after many phone calls and at least 2hrs waiting in total, anyway, the ntl techi team is coming to the house on the wed 21st, and i am wondering is there anything i should do before they arrive (eg disconect the stb) and what info, things they should give me or tell me about the install and how long it will take for the channels to be fully functional.

P.S. what where uz guys/galls given at the end of the install

thanks chris ;)

Roy MM
15-09-2005, 23:45
well the order has finally be set after many phone calls and at least 2hrs waiting in total, anyway, the ntl techi team is coming to the house on the wed 21st, and i am wondering is there anything i should do before they arrive (eg disconect the stb) and what info, things they should give me or tell me about the install and how long it will take for the channels to be fully functional.

thanks chris ;)

Just be stocked up on Hobnobs and a nice cuppa. :D

nffc
15-09-2005, 23:51

thanks chris ;)

Surely they'll disconnect it themselves, you don't need to? :erm:

atlantis
15-09-2005, 23:52
Just be stocked up on Hobnobs and a nice cuppa. :D

My fitter was in a rush, didn't want a cuppa, or biscuites, but only advise I can suggest, as my stb then (an old pace) didn't get the downloads whilst the guy was there, and I was told to wait for about 20 to 30 minutes after he'd gone for this to be complete, is to ensure he leaves you with your pin numbers (I got mine on a big welcome to NTL book) for tv, this way, you can sort things out over the 'phone if things go pear shaped with customer services/tech support.

chris_mc_1266
15-09-2005, 23:54
Thanks guys but is it true you need to use help that is on the telly by pressing the help button, and does anyone know what software glasgow is using at the mo :angel: :tu:

thanks Chris:dozey:

atlantis
15-09-2005, 23:59
Never needed to press the help button, honest truth is, if I need any help here, just one post, and the experts will come quickly to sort things out for you.
Unsure about glasgow software, sure some one in the know will advise you soon.