PDA

View Full Version : NTL Associates

ian@huth
17-10-2003, 11:27
I often wonder if the NTL Associates that post on here do so in their own time, in NTLs time, or a mixture of both.

Do NTL instruct certain members of staff to browse the forums in order to help customers or to collect feedback and if they do is it only on .com or on other sites as well.

orangebird
17-10-2003, 11:29
I often wonder if the NTL Associates that post on here do so in their own time, in NTLs time, or a mixture of both.

Do NTL instruct certain members of staff to browse the forums in order to help customers or to collect feedback and if they do is it only on .com or on other sites as well.

A bit of both for me. I'm not instructed to, I just like looking round the forums. :)

ian@huth
17-10-2003, 11:31
Thanks OB, I was just wondering if NTL were looking at every avenue possible to get feedback and to assist customers or whether it was just caring Associates that did things on their own initiative.

Mark W
17-10-2003, 11:32
the only officially sanctioned site is .com, and even then ntl do not activley encourage associates to go on there - the CLT team is utterly voluntary

Xaccers
17-10-2003, 11:34
When I worked at NTL (during the time .com was bought up) we were encouraged to help people on .com so long as it didn't interfere with our jobs

orangebird
17-10-2003, 11:37
Thanks OB, I was just wondering if NTL were looking at every avenue possible to get feedback and to assist customers or whether it was just caring Associates that did things on their own initiative.

Just caring associates as far as I know....and after ntlrebel's sacking, I'm sorry to say I think there will be far fewer posting on .com... :erm:

Russ
17-10-2003, 11:40
I just want to reiterate that if NTL associates want annonymity on here to post anything which they might end up in trouble for on .com, they can be 100% assured that their details will never ever be passed on to NTL.

Nemesis
17-10-2003, 11:43
A bit of both for me. I'm not instructed to, I just like looking round the forums. :)
Nah, OB's just naturally nosey :D :wavey:

Nemesis
17-10-2003, 11:44
I just want to reiterate that if NTL associates want annonymity on here to post anything which they might end up in trouble for on .com, they can be 100% assured that their details will never ever be passed on to NTL.
Spot on, the more NTL staff we get on here the better.

Lord Nikon
17-10-2003, 13:35
Also I would suggest that if their username is likely to reveal their ID to NTL, that they pm the info to one of the admin team, and let them post the info on the site

Tod
17-10-2003, 16:27
Yeah, best use a different user name on here to .com. Orangebird is ok though, she always tows the company line ;)

Saneboy13
17-10-2003, 17:54
Pretty much a Newbie on this forum/site, but I have to say that "I" as an associate will always freely speak my mind, whether in this place or in work. My own view is, if I get sacked for speaking the truth, then so be it:shrug: . That's life, there is nothing you can do to change people's opinion's or views

ian@huth
17-10-2003, 18:02
My view as well. I always used to get into hot water with my superiors (not that they were better) for speaking my mind, especially in front of the top executives. It used to get me when we had to stop work to tidy everything up if a top executive was visiting. The reality of it though is that things never got done because the top people always saw things that were perfect, not as they usually are.

Russ
17-10-2003, 18:03
Pretty much a Newbie on this forum/site, but I have to say that "I" as an associate will always freely speak my mind, whether in this place or in work. My own view is, if I get sacked for speaking the truth, then so be it:shrug: . That's life, there is nothing you can do to change people's opinion's or views

I'm glad that you intend to be so open. There are some people who have information on NTL that they might be too afraid to post on .com out of fear of getting in trouble. If you or anyone else wishes to post such information we can absolutely guarantee complete confidentiality.

Saneboy13
17-10-2003, 18:07
I'm glad that you intend to be so open. There are some people who have information on NTL that they might be too afraid to post on .com out of fear of getting in trouble. If you or anyone else wishes to post such information we can absolutely guarantee complete confidentiality.
Thank you for that Russ. I am on here for a little light hearted banter, and to try and help out in or with some technical problems or aspects of things. I don't have all the answers, but if I don't know, then I sure will do my best to find it out.

Graham F
17-10-2003, 18:12

Are you on the look out for a story Russ seen as that is the second time you posted that in the space of about 7 posts :smokin:

All i can say is that this site needs ntl associates to post here to help it become a good place to get problems sorted out. My only concern is that if ntl sack someone for making a post on their own site what will they do if you post it here :eeek: be careful ppl!!

One point on the sacking of ntlrebel why didn't/haven't his bosses removed this post that he made seen as it breached his terms of employment, seems strange to me :disturbd:

enough of my :blah:

Russ
17-10-2003, 18:12
Thank you for that Russ. I am on here for a little light hearted banter, and to try and help out in or with some technical problems or aspects of things. I don't have all the answers, but if I don't know, then I sure will do my best to find it out.

If only all NTL associates took that view.... :)

Are you on the look out for a story Russ seen as that is the second time you posted that in the space of about 7 posts

I'm always on the lookout for a story :D

Saneboy13
17-10-2003, 18:24
If only all NTL associates took that view.... :)

I'm always on the lookout for a story :D
Must be that wonderful clean :erm: air you breath in Russ :LOL:

Steve H
17-10-2003, 18:29
All i can say is that this site needs ntl associates to post here to help it become a good place to get problems sorted out. My only concern is that if ntl sack someone for making a post on their own site what will they do if you post it here :eeek: be careful ppl!!

Thats why he said it twice :p

NTL Wont be able to sack anyone for posting anything here, as they wont know the person posted it, because they cant get any details from this site, such as the IP address, etc.. As long as the usernames anoumous, then thats how it will stay :)

Saneboy13
17-10-2003, 18:31
Thats why he said it twice :p

NTL Wont be able to sack anyone for posting anything here, as they wont know the person posted it, because they cant get any details from this site, such as the IP address, etc.. As long as the usernames anoumous, then thats how it will stay :)
Thank you Steve, it's all about that one little word as far as I am concerned....."TRUST"

BBKing
17-10-2003, 23:41
I post mainly in my own time now, I think, things getting a bit too busy at work. I've never been spoken to about it.

scrotnig
19-10-2003, 21:21
I am here using the same ID I use on nthw.com, and I freely admit I'm a member of staff.

I post here in my personal time only, however, I do pick up on issues that I feel I can deal with, and give the poster a means to contact me at work, so we can try and resolve the issue.

My managers know that I do this, and are supportive. I don't visit the forums in work time, either here or on nthw.com, for the simple reason that it is not part of the job I am paid to do, and I wouldn't expect my employers to allow me to neglect that.

Mr_Burns
20-10-2003, 18:33

I post mainly in my own time - I think it's a lot safer ;) I do read the site at work though.

Biggus
23-10-2003, 17:50
You can read the NTHW.com site from work?

The person I spoke to today said he can't access it from work, maybe it it was just a ruse because I was trying to point him to a couple of relevant posts to my complaint of today (http://www.nthellworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48144).

NTL are on their last chance with me ATM, the next few days and their decision will decide whether I stay a customer or not.

Don't really want the hassle of moving back to BT/Sky, but I will if I don't get the required outcome. :mad: :afire:

Mr_Burns
23-10-2003, 18:16
You can read the NTHW.com site from work?

When I said that I read the site at work, I meant in my own time (at lunchtime, but I post at home). I haven't accessed .co.uk or .com at the office for a couple of days, but last time I checked they hadn't been blocked.

Shaun
23-10-2003, 23:59
When I said that I read the site at work, I meant in my own time (at lunchtime, but I post at home). I haven't accessed .co.uk or .com at the office for a couple of days, but last time I checked they hadn't been blocked.

Course they haven't been blocked, Barkley needs to read about whats going on while he's in the office, otherwise he wont be able to write his blog :p :

http://blogs.nthellworld.co.uk/nthw/

And very humorous it is too, keep it up ;)

Richard M
24-10-2003, 00:07
Course they haven't been blocked, Barkley needs to read about whats going on while he's in the office, otherwise he wont be able to write his blog :p :

http://blogs.nthellworld.co.uk/nthw/

lol
Yeah, it's a good laugh. :D

Pointman
24-10-2003, 01:55

Neither nthellworld.com or .co.uk are blocked from any ntl offices as far as I know.

I access at all times of day from office and home and from various ntl offices around the UK.

Page
24-10-2003, 02:06
I can access from my office but the boss doesn't like it so I dont do so very often.

Might get some of my co-workers to start looking at this site as well though.

Some of them are having ntl issues and are getting nowhere fast.