PDA

View Full Version : Please help

Tiptoes
16-10-2003, 22:11
Since Tony Blair has now decided we are not having a referendum the last option for the public to have a say in the EU constitution wether it be wrong or right would appear to have become extinct.

However I am part of a group that has taken to lobbying the queen to intervene.Under the current British Constitution we all have a right to exercise our right of petition permitted under our, British Constitution that we will lose under the proposed European Constitution. Under the principle of acquis communautaire, the EU has received powers to govern this country which it is entitled to keep for ever. The EU Constitution will deprive British citizens of their long-held rights to the presumption of innocence, trial by jury, and habeas corpus, together with the ability to have our own foreign and defence policy. The government is trying to force the queen to break her Coronation Oath to govern us according to our laws and customs. In order to preserve the rights and freedoms of the British people under the Constitution the queen can refuse Royal Assent to any Bill placing Britain under a Europe-wide Constitution until the British people, have voted on it in a referendum.

Whether it be right or wrong, whether you agree or disagree we are at least entitled to a referendum and I would urge anyone wanting a refrendum as I do , join me in sending a postcard or a letter to the queen stating our rights as citizens of Britain, 100,000 people have already done so and the number is growing fast..She is the only one who can help us and we need to have a referendum.

Here are the details:-

You can either send a postcard or a letter as long as the content is the same.

Addressed to

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

Buckingham Palace

London

SW1A1AA

Your Majesty,

I write to exercise my right of petition permitted under our British Constitution which I will lose under the proposed European Constitution.

Under the principle of acquis communautaire, the EU has received powers to govern this country which it is entitled to keep for ever. The EU Constitution will deprive British citizens of their long-held rights to the presumption of innocence, trial by jury, and habeas corpus, together with the ability to have our own foreign and defence policy. The government is trying to force you to break your Coronation Oath to govern us according to our laws and customs.

In order to preserve the rights and freedoms of the British people under the Constitution will you please refuse Royal Assent to any Bill placing Britain under a Europe-wide Constitution until the British people, have voted on it in a referendum.

Please let me know whether you are willing to delay signing any Bill to enact the European Constitution until the government has granted us a referendum. You may by convention have to follow government advice but the government is not allowed to give you advice that is unconstitutional.

Yours sincerely,

(Signed): _________________________