PDA

View Full Version : Cookies on nthw.com

iadom
24-06-2003, 20:55
I use Pest Patrol which incorporates Cookie Patrol. It has never triggered on NTHW.com before, but I have just visited NTHW.com and the cookie warning sound is doing overtime, the log shows over 20 cookies after looking at three posts. Has anyone else noticed this, are they trying to keep tabs on us:confused:

iadom
24-06-2003, 21:01
Originally posted by Andre
Without wishing to sound harsh, have you actually asked them? :confused:
That was my next course of action if it was confirmed that others had noticed it,and it was not just something that had altered on my PC. ;)

Can any other Pest Patrol users replicate this.?

iadom
24-06-2003, 21:11
May have solved this, updated to ZA Pro 4 earlier and have just found that some of my original settings have returned to default.:dunce:

Ramrod
24-06-2003, 21:13
When I am on .com I always get a little alert in internet explorer ( on the bottom right of the taskbar, a little eye with a no-entry sign, if memory serves) When I click on the icon it takes me to the ie cookies/security level box and I am informed that my cookies setting is too high for that site( it is set to medium) Obviously IE dosn't like something that the .com site is doing with cookies.
Hope that the above makes some sort of sense:shrug: :D

homealone
24-06-2003, 21:34
Originally posted by Ramrod
When I am on .com I always get a little alert in internet explorer ( on the bottom right of the taskbar, a little eye with a no-entry sign, if memory serves) When I click on the icon it takes me to the ie cookies/security level box and I am informed that my cookies setting is too high for that site( it is set to medium) Obviously IE dosn't like something that the .com site is doing with cookies.
Hope that the above makes some sort of sense:shrug: :D

I use ZoneAlarm Pro & had all sorts of fun setting the cookie, ad blocking & mobile code settings to get *.com to work properly.

At worst I had to log back in every time I wanted to post.

Intermediate the smilies & avatars, sigs etc, would display but wouldn't animate (at work some don't even display).

Currently ok with only web bugs disabled in cookies, popups/unders in ads & mobile code control disabled.

Gaz

iadom
24-06-2003, 21:37
All fine now re tweaked ZA Pro to my liking. Still getting "Done, but with errors on page" on here though.

Ramrod
24-06-2003, 21:42
I use ZoneAlarm Pro & had all sorts of fun setting the cookie, ad blocking & mobile code settings to get *.com to work properly.

All fine now re tweaked ZA Pro to my liking. Still getting "Done, but with errors on page" on here though.
Nope, I don't get any errors but still get the IE 'security alert'