PDA

View Full Version : NTL have changed my number and THEY don't know why

Craig_e
06-09-2005, 14:46
This is strange.... i have been with NTL for 4 months and everything has been ok. Now I find that my phone number has changed in the last 2 weeks and CS have no idea why it has happened. Has anyone else heard of this happening?

God knows how many calls I have missed in the past couple of weeks :mad:

p.s it's changed from one NTL number to another and the first number no longer works.

atlantis
06-09-2005, 15:04
Very strange :confused:

Is it possible somehow that someone else has access to your NTL account details?

Might be worth doing what I did, and put a password known only to you, so when you call, you know the only changes to your account are what you want:)

Jules
06-09-2005, 15:07
Sorry Craig but you have to admit it is funny in a way ;)

Have they said that they are going to change it back for you?

Craig_e
06-09-2005, 15:10
no i dont think that is possible and it does have a password on it. CS bloke said there was no record of a change of number and he checked the exchange and stuff. It has now been escalated to I'll hopefully hear something in the not too distant future.

I'm not too annoyed by it but I do want it sorted asap. I think it would be worthy of "good-will" free month though :angel:

atlantis
06-09-2005, 15:10
no i dont think that is possible and it does have a password on it. CS bloke said there was no record of a change of number and he checked the exchange and stuff. It has now been escalated to I'll hopefully hear something in the not too distant future.

Good luck, and I hope you get to the bottom of it soon:tu:

simbr
06-09-2005, 21:59
I have a very vague memory of when we had ours installed many moons ago of being given a temporary number while our main number was being set up, or am I just making that up?

marky
06-09-2005, 22:03
i have visions of somebody on your street that has the same problem :erm: