PDA

View Full Version : slender night/day

akane1984
05-09-2005, 14:51
http://www.lifes2good.com/ire/www/Scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=26 what people think,they sell this in argos suitable weight loss for man with no time?

marina
05-09-2005, 14:58
It will probably have to be used with a calorie controlled diet anyway :shrug:
The majority of these products do.... even if it doesn't say so in the bumpf, it might do in the packet or on closer expection.

akane1984
05-09-2005, 15:07
ok so if am lookin to offload bit of weight around stomach quick whats best options bear in mind am man with hardly any free time due to work etc

skyblueheroes
05-09-2005, 15:08
ok so if am lookin to offload bit of weight around stomach quick whats best options bear in mind am man with hardly any free time due to work etc

Helps if you speak English mate.

Nugget
05-09-2005, 15:11

Well, on it's own, that product is probably a load of old toot. As marina says, it'll probably only work as part of a diet, so just eat sensibly and cut down on the old beer.

I can't believe I just typed that :shocked:

akane1984
05-09-2005, 15:11
Helps if you speak English mate.

sorry i speak Ulster slang lol we can't all be perfect

homealone
05-09-2005, 15:12
can't believe this one, ok collagen is probably 'converted' into muscle, but no more than any other protein would be. There is nothing 'magic' about collagen - another word for it is 'gristle'.

- to follow up on Marina's comment, lard will 'aid slimming as part of a calorie controlled diet' ;).

Best advice to lose weight is to eat sensibly & exercise more, most 'calorie reduced' diets tend to induce a slow down in metabolic rate to 'compensate' for the reduced food intake.

Nugget
05-09-2005, 15:12
sorry i speak Ulster slang lol we can't all be perfect

I am :p:

akane1984
05-09-2005, 15:14
I am :p:

lol not that perfect sat pickin your nose in front of me!

Nugget
05-09-2005, 15:18
lol not that perfect sat pickin your nose in front of me!

I'm just pushing my brains back up :disturbd:

timewarrior2001
05-09-2005, 15:20

Exercise and a proper diet, there is no other way.

marina
05-09-2005, 15:25
Exercise and a proper diet, there is no other way.

He could pay for liposuction :shrug: :D

Nugget
05-09-2005, 15:28
He could pay for liposuction :shrug: :D

Nah - he's looking for a quick fix, and there'll probably be a waiting list ;)

marina
05-09-2005, 15:32
Nah - he's looking for a quick fix, and there'll probably be a waiting list ;)

Well i DID say pay...... not on the NHS.... he could get it done incredibly quickly :D

And nooooooooooo........ i'm NOT on the waiting list :erm:

Nugget
05-09-2005, 15:33
And nooooooooooo........ i'm NOT on the waiting list :erm:

I should think not - a good looking woman like you :)

Shaun
05-09-2005, 16:17
And what's wrong with being on the list?

*goes off to find out if he's moved up it! :p:

Angua
05-09-2005, 16:42
Surprisingly enough (this will only work if you are a regular beer drinker) "give up beer" and do not substitute with cream, butter, chips, crisps, cakes, sweets or biscuits. Chomp fruit & veg instead. You should lose the spare tyre in no time. BTW low alcohol beer is just as bad.

You can have white wine or spirits (with low cal mixers) in moderation instead.

Nugget
05-09-2005, 16:53
Surprisingly enough (this will only work if you are a regular beer drinker) "give up beer" and do not substitute with cream, butter, chips, crisps, cakes, sweets or biscuits. Chomp fruit & veg instead. You should lose the spare tyre in no time. BTW low alcohol beer is just as bad.

You can have white wine or spirits (with low cal mixers) in moderation instead.

Blimey - I'd rather be fat :D

Angua
05-09-2005, 16:57
Blimey - I'd rather be fat :D

You don't have to keep it up for long to see dramatic results.

Another tip, get a job working in a freezer (burns loads of calories)

Ramrod
05-09-2005, 17:26
http://www.lifes2good.com/ire/www/Scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=26 what people think,they sell this in argos suitable weight loss for man with no time?Look like cr*p to me....buy it if you're gullible. :)

Angua
05-09-2005, 18:03
Also IMHO this thread has spawned loads of spam unfortunately. :erm:

Maggy
05-09-2005, 19:52
I refer you all to what's under my avatar... ;)

Theodoric
05-09-2005, 22:01
Night after night, as you sleep, the body uses the collagen from Slender Night to help build lean muscle.

The words sheer, unadulterated *******speak have just passed through my mind.

Stuart
05-09-2005, 23:56
http://www.lifes2good.com/ire/www/Scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=26 what people think,they sell this in argos suitable weight loss for man with no time?

I have a one word answer :Scam.

The best way to lose weight is to eat sensibly, and exercise. You can actually do your body an awful lot of good by exercising for a few hours a week (everyone has at least a couple of hours a week).

Quick fixes (even weight watchers IMO) don't work. You end up wieghing more than when you started.

Maggy
06-09-2005, 00:44
Yes I wish..Mind if it worked you could bet I'd suffer from insomnia...

Ive never heard that one could do nothing but eat to lose weight.If it did I'd be a wraithe instead of the fine goyaesque figure of a woman that I am. ;)

It takes sheer will power,good balanced diet and unfortunately lots of damned exercise.

I know this because in the past 30 odd years I've shed the equivilent of 10 stone(not all at once).

I will also add that the older you are the more bl*ddy exercise it seems to take. :rolleyes:

So eat less, move about more.Sleep is not enough activity.IF you bought any of this crap bung it in the bin and join Weight Watchers or subscribe to a slimming magazine.You would get a lot more for your money either way. :tu: