PDA

View Full Version : what is love ?

kronas
04-09-2005, 01:16
first off im not on anything but its something i want to get off my chest :)

i was thinking about diffarent relationships in two cultures, i had another chat with someone tonight and i was often left thinking how culture A westernised differs with culture B pakistani.

ofcourse in structure A is it right that love does really exist, what is it ? to me love is about caring for someone emotionally, intimately, and finding a charismatic bond between two people, but what if things turn sour what happens then ? arguing, bickering, life brings you so many diffarent possabilities, so many variables, do we put up withour partners faults or do we try and change that person overtime...

they say smost relationships dont last, is it because the glamour wears off and the 'hooneymoon period' is over ?

now to culture B you have a path since you are born, you go to mosque pray go to work (male perspective) and are relatively stable, you have your rough period and do dabble in drink and drugs (who doesent these days ?) but you get on with it have a wife who you bring over (or have found someone with the parents permmission from here) have some kids, wife looks after the elders (your parents)

so which is the better ? i dont know, i think i would go with A, maybe thats why im bored with life, too less of a variable really.

feel free to add your comments.

Roy MM
04-09-2005, 01:23
:erm: what you on tonight m8? you love someone because you fell in love with them, not some kind of arranged contract by both parents that you are commited to, that's just one of the reasons that western civilisation works, my wife can go out alone without having to hide her face and body.

Martin
04-09-2005, 01:38
I would say both have the potential to end in disaster and both have potential to work out well! Life is what you make it!!! True love is something you know when you have it. Thing's don't always go sour my Mum and Dad were married 40 years and they had rough times but they got through it.

me283
04-09-2005, 02:37
What is love? Well, if you don't know, then you haven't found it. If you have found it, you know how hard it is to describe.

If you get the chance to see "The Wedding Crashers" there is a great definition of love in there... wish I could remember it! But to quote Nazareth "Love hurts". It hurts when you are with someone because you can't ever imagine not being away from the person you love, and it hurts when you aren't with them because being with them makes you complete. And it hurts like hell when it all ends and you start thinking that maybe it wasn't love after all... True love is when you think about that one person the very last thing at night, and the first thing in the morning, as well as every second in between; it's like feeling you have found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow; it's feeling that you want a particular moment to last forever.

That my friend is a glimpse of true love. It's got nothing to do with culture, colour, race, religion... it's only about the spark that ignites the little organ that beats inside your ribcage.

Stuart
04-09-2005, 03:16
Which is better? Depends on what you want out of marriage. It's not impossible that two people in an arranged marriage will fall in love.

The way I had arranged marriages explained to me, they can work very well, as most families will at least take into account the feelings of the bride and groom when arranging the marriage.

Of course, non-arranged marriages can also work well, and both arranged marriages and non-arranged marriages can fail.

What is love? Well, I don't know how to describe it accurately, but I do know that the person you fall in love with will become (sometimes quite unexpectedly) the most important person you lnow, and they will become a source a great joy as well as great pain (well, hopefully not too much pain).

Edit: Actually I remember hearing an interview with a relationship counsellor, and they said that if you and your other half ever get to the point where you have "cute" nicknames for each other (Poochie, Snookums, that sort of thing), your relationship is failing.

makikomi
04-09-2005, 10:13
I can't see that arranged marriages will work. Yes, there is a chance of a relationship working out, but I think most of the time, the couple may learn to love each other, or they may just stay together out of a sense of duty. Not a good grounding for a lasting relationship. For a really fulfilling relationship, you need to be IN love.

To me, love was soething that was impossible to define. How do you know when you're IN love as opposed to just loving someone?

But I knew it when the time came.

To me, love is knowing the other person's faults, their weaknesses, their failings and still being unable to imagine living the rest of your life without them. It's knowing that whatever happens, the one and only thing that matters is that you have them with you.

If you're really lucky, that person will also be your soulmate.

(I'm really really lucky in having Jules - she's a sweetheart and I love her with all my heart.)

Life is for living, and doesn't come with any surefire formula for happiness or sucess. What you said for culture B may grant you stability, but not necessarily happiness. Given the choice, I'd go for happiness any day.

me283
04-09-2005, 10:25
Let's not confuse love with marriage though! It would be nice if they went hand in hand, but it's often not the case.

Ramrod
04-09-2005, 11:15
imo culture B has two types of arranged marrriages...........the first is the type where the parents of the couple decide that they want the two married (for financial/political reasons) and thats that--awful, cruel and selfish.
The second type is where the families or a matchmaker observe that two young people are well suited in personality and temprament and the match is arranged (usually without coercion) --thats fine, and many european cultures have had such arrangements for thousands of years.
Culture A's laisser faire attitude to marriage hasn't exactly got a high sucess rate (as shown by the high rate of divorce in the west) and maby we need some sort of rethink...

Escapee
04-09-2005, 11:32
imo culture B has two types of arranged marrriages...........the first is the type where the parents of the couple decide that they want the two married (for financial/political reasons) and thats that--awful, cruel and selfish.
The second type is where the families or a matchmaker observe that two young people are well suited in personality and temprament and the match is arranged (usually without coercion) --thats fine, and many european cultures have had such arrangements for thousands of years.
Culture A's laisser faire attitude to marriage hasn't exactly got a high sucess rate (as shown by the high rate of divorce in the west) and maby we need some sort of rethink...

I think the high divorce rate is a cultural thing though, its easy to get married and easy to divorce in the west. In other cultures, you make a mistake and its tough, you have to live with it.

In the west you make your own mistakes, in some other cultures yur mistakes can be made for you by third parties.

I dont think arranged marriages are successful in making people happy, its just acceptable to people in that culture. Certain cultures treat the women like sh*t, and the women just accept it, in the west they walk out and get a divorce.

Which is best?

me283
04-09-2005, 11:44
Or maybe we in the West have it wrong? Many people get married when they have no idea about life in real terms, just some wishy washy dreams of what they think the real world is like; marriage then becomes a huge let-down, as their minds were never really on planet "real world".

On the other hand, in certain Asian cultures for example, the marriage partners are chosen by older and wiser people who may be able to see in advance that a marriage stands a good chance of working.

I don't think it would suit me, but it obviously has worked in the past for a lot of people, so we shouldn't just say it's wrong. I acknowledge however that it is a cultural thing more than anything else, it's just that it's not been the culture in the Western world for many years.

I guess it really depends on what you want from marriage; in the West we have always placed the emphasis more on love, whereas I think that's less true in some other cultures.

But I go back to my earlier point - there is a world of difference between marriage and love.

cara08
04-09-2005, 11:47
I would say both have the potential to end in disaster and both have potential to work out well! Life is what you make it!!! True love is something you know when you have it. Thing's don't always go sour my Mum and Dad were married 40 years and they had rough times but they got through it.

i agree completely, my mum and dad have just celebrated their golden wedding and they have been through some awful rough times, but i think when it comes down to it, true love is taking the rough with the smooth and not opting out at the the first sign of discord, as it tends to be the case now, with divorce being the norm rather than the exception today. If and when you find true love you`ll know it, and you should take onboard their faults as well as the good things.

Chris W
04-09-2005, 12:24
Edit: Actually I remember hearing an interview with a relationship counsellor, and they said that if you and your other half ever get to the point where you have "cute" nicknames for each other (Poochie, Snookums, that sort of thing), your relationship is failing.

:erm: does "baby" count as a cute nickname... i have called ann baby since we met... infact i don't ever calling her her real name :erm: does that mean this is doomed?! :shocked: :confused: :disturbd:

Bex
04-09-2005, 12:43
:erm: does "baby" count as a cute nickname... i have called ann baby since we met... infact i don't ever calling her her real name :erm: does that mean this is doomed?! :shocked: :confused: :disturbd:

i was thinking the same thing.... i generally only call my fella by his name when he has annoyed me..... and we have had nicknames for each other from very early on:erm:

i think the distinction someone made between being in love and loving someone is a good distinction, i think it is possible to be in a relationship and love someone but not really be in love with them.

for me love is a combination of what others have said, the other person being your last, first, and every thought of the day. Missing them horribly when you're not with them. Acknowledging and accepting their weakness and faults....... putting up with their morning breath and their smelliness.....
but it is also about being comfortable with some (this is where i think the nicknames come in) and furthermore, considering them in every decision you make (by this i don't necessairly mean when making small decisions such as which sandwich to have at lunch) and supporting each other... even if you don't always agree with what the other person decides.

I do not think that either culture A or B has more/less chance of falling in love... falling in love can happen when you least expect it, with someone you might not have execpted to fall in love with

Raistlin
04-09-2005, 12:45
Love is.....

The joy that you feel when you are close to someone.
The longing in your heart to spend each minute of the day with them.
The pleasure you share in each touch, real or imagined.
The feeling of being complete that they bring to your life.
The light that banishes the darkness whenever you think of them.

The knot in your stomach when you are apart.
The despair in your heart when you know you can never be together.
The pain of never being able to hold, to touch, to kiss.
The emptiness in your life when they are no longer around.
The shadows in your soul when thoughts aren't enough.

The hope that burns inside, eternal yet fragile like a candle.
The cleansing tears that fall, that bring with them more pain.
The comforting hug in the darkness, that makes you feel alone.
The echoes of caring words, cold and biting like the wind they ride on.
The softest of hands that touches, whilst pushing you away.

The first discovery.
The blossoming joy
The deepest sadness.
The innevitable loss.
The everlasting pain.

zing_deleted
04-09-2005, 13:09
i agree completely, my mum and dad have just celebrated their golden wedding and they have been through some awful rough times, but i think when it comes down to it, true love is taking the rough with the smooth and not opting out at the the first sign of discord, as it tends to be the case now, with divorce being the norm rather than the exception today. If and when you find true love you`ll know it, and you should take onboard their faults as well as the good things.

So theres hope for me yet then ;) :D

Escapee
04-09-2005, 13:14
I dont believe in this love at first sight rubbish.

You are not able to fall in love with someone just by seeing them for the first time, its nothing more than passing infatuation. If you are really in love with someone it takes a long tme to heal the wounds if you part, so called love at first sight dissapears as soon as the next good looking one comes along.

I was recently asked by a woman to describe the difference between love and sex.

I said love is with a special individual, someone you cant bear to be away from. You make every excuse to be with them, change all your plans and other aspects of your life suffer as a result.

I said sex on the other hand, is just a phonecall away. The persons name springs to mind when you are feeling horny, and they are not necessarily the first one you have called.

Bex
04-09-2005, 13:19
I dont believe in this love at first sight rubbish.

You are not able to fall in love with someone just by seeing them for the first time, its nothing more than passing infatuation. If you are really in love with someone it takes a long tme to heal the wounds if you part, so called love at first sight dissapears as soon as the next good looking one comes along.

I was recently asked by a woman to describe the difference between love and sex.

I said love is with a special individual, someone you cant bear to be away from. You make every excuse to be with them, change all your plans and other aspects of your life suffer as a result.

I said sex on the other hand, is just a phonecall away. The persons name springs to mind when you are feeling horny, and they are not necessarily the first one you have called.

i agree with what you say about love.... but is there not also a distinction between having sex and making love?

cara08
04-09-2005, 13:21
i agree with what you say about love.... but is there not also a distinction between having sex and making love?

yes of course there is

me283
04-09-2005, 13:24

Sounds like sex to me! ;)

:jk:

Escapee
04-09-2005, 13:31

I agree, you can make love to someone you love and you can also have sex with someone you love. You cannot make love to someone you are not in love with.

That probably doesn't make sense, but I guess you know what I mean.

cara08
04-09-2005, 13:32
I agree, you can make love to someone you love and you can also have sex with someone you love. You cannot make love to someone you are not in love with.

it makes perfect sense

Bex
04-09-2005, 13:36

no it does make sense:)

greencreeper
04-09-2005, 13:52
It's a mistake - a temporary chemical imbalance in the brain. It never lasts, and when it runs out, some other emotion takes over. Hate, pity, fear - take your pick. The couples who have been together decades stopped loving each other years ago. They have always being together so they can't imagine or cope with being apart. So they pretend they love each other. The capacity of the human mind for self-delusion is limitless. Just watch X-Factor.

Bex
04-09-2005, 14:13
It's a mistake - a temporary chemical imbalance in the brain. It never lasts, and when it runs out, some other emotion takes over. Hate, pity, fear - take your pick. The couples who have been together decades stopped loving each other years ago. They have always being together so they can't imagine or cope with being apart. So they pretend they love each other. The capacity of the human mind for self-delusion is limitless. Just watch X-Factor.

define temporary? how long does it last then?

marky
04-09-2005, 14:15
true love is a childs unconditional love for its parents :angel:

Halcyon
04-09-2005, 14:59
I think that there is no way that parents can decide for you who you will end up with in life. Love is something that is too personal. Everyone has a different feelings and prefernces in love. Its too personal.
Your parents might think they can find you a really nice girl for you but your parents dont know all of your inner thoughts and sexual desires.

I think love is something only you can find. Its when you have found someone that not only cares for you, but understands everything about you. And the same goes for the other person. They are at one with each other and have the same outlooks on life, have a desire to be close to one another, will do anything for each other, and are committed to life together becuase they feel good together.

greencreeper
04-09-2005, 15:51
define temporary? how long does it last then?
That's a difficult one. It varies. Nor is there a clear point at which loves stops and something else takes over. It's a gradual change - so gradual and subtle that you may not realise until one day you wake up, look at him/her, and suddenly realise that you don't love him/her anymore and can't recall when you actually did stop loving him/her.

No one gets near my heart :ninja:

Bex
04-09-2005, 15:54
That's a difficult one. It varies. Nor is there a clear point at which loves stops and something else takes over. It's a gradual change - so gradual and subtle that you may not realise until one day you wake up, look at him/her, and suddenly realise that you don't love him/her anymore and can't recall when you actually did stop loving him/her.

is that really due to a chemical reaction, or is it people become complacent with each other and no longer make the effort? Maybe it isn't the fact that we have fallen out of love with the person but that the passion has gone out of the relationship and we miss-interpret the situation.

I said that noone was going to get near my heart but unfortunately (or fortunately) someone got to me..... i never expected it and didn't want it at the time, but it happened.

greencreeper
04-09-2005, 15:59
is that really due to a chemical reaction, or is it people become complacent with each other and no longer make the effort? Maybe it isn't the fact that we have fallen out of love with the person but that the passion has gone out of the relationship and we miss-interpret the situation.
Love is just chemicals in the brain - nothing more. Effort? I'd say give up now if you're having to make an effort to love someone. Passion is something else entirely - love burning strongly, and lasting only a short time as a result.

I said that noone was going to get near my heart but unfortunately (or fortunately) someone got to me..... i never expected it and didn't want it at the time, but it happened.
You need to be strong. Recognise that it's taken hold and cut him/her right out of your life before it's too late and you're married with 2.4 children and reading Mills & Boon and wondering what might have been.

Stuart
04-09-2005, 16:03

Cynic... :D

Bex
04-09-2005, 16:07
Love is just chemicals in the brain - nothing more. Effort? I'd say give up now if you're having to make an effort to love someone. Passion is something else entirely - love burning strongly, and lasting only a short time as a result.

You need to be strong. Recognise that it's taken hold and cut him/her right out of your life before it's too late and you're married with 2.4 children and reading Mills & Boon and wondering what might have been.

yes you have to make efforts when you're in a relationship.... even in friendships you at times have to make efforts.

I think you misunderstood my last point entirely.... i have no intention of cutting him out of my life.... my point was that you can close your heart as much as you want but sometimes life takes over.

me283
04-09-2005, 19:41

Unfortunately, if it dies, then it wasn't love in the first place. True love is rare, and I pity anyone who never experiences it. I also vowed never to give up my heart, but then it happened, and I couldn't do anything about it even if I wanted to.

You may scorn the idea of love, but believe me, you are truly missing out on something unique. :romance:

Marge
04-09-2005, 20:13
Love is me slaving over a hot cooker preparing tea for my other half when I really don't/can't cook because I would do anything to make him happy :romance:

however

if he's never to be seen again then love does really hurt, in fact, it can kill oops:

Maggy
04-09-2005, 20:26

Doesn't matter my friend.After 30,40,50 years when the person you are married to dies you will still be as devastated.Like having your heart ripped out.

The first love of youth metamorphises into an entirely different emotion that is still love.When you have been in a long term relationship you will KNOW this.

Hom3r
04-09-2005, 21:01
Love is a sickness that makes you overdrawn in he bank

makikomi
04-09-2005, 21:22
Depending on the song, LOVE IS:

like a merry go round (Sandy Shaw)
a battlefield (Pat Benetar)
like a muscle and you make me wanna flex (Kiss)
the seventh wave (Sting)
like a butterfly (Dolly Parton)
just a four-letter word (Bob Dylan)
all you need (the Beatles)
what we make it (Kenny Rogers)
a cannibal (Elton John)
a contact sport (Whitney Houston)
only a feeling (The Darkness)
for suckers (Twisted Sister)
all that matters (The Human League)
only as strong as your weakest moment (Dolly Parton again)
a stranger (Eurythmics)
all around (Wet Wet Wet)

The only thing that everyone seems to agree about love is that it's hard to put into words exactly what it is! :)

ellie
04-09-2005, 21:22
Being in love is the best feeling in the world https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2005/10/9.gif

me283
04-09-2005, 21:25
Depending on the song, LOVE IS:

like a merry go round (Sandy Shaw)
a battlefield (Pat Benetar)
like a muscle and you make me wanna flex (Kiss)
the seventh wave (Sting)
like a butterfly (Dolly Parton)
just a four-letter word (Bob Dylan)
all you need (the Beatles)
what we make it (Kenny Rogers)
a cannibal (Elton John)
a contact sport (Whitney Houston)
only a feeling (The Darkness)
for suckers (Twisted Sister)
all that matters (The Human League)
only as strong as your weakest moment (Dolly Parton again)
a stranger (Eurythmics)
all around (Wet Wet Wet)

The only thing that everyone seems to agree about love is that it's hard to put into words exactly what it is! :)

Or as Sweet sang:

Love is like oxygen... you get too much, you get too high... not enough and you're gonna die...

Very well put methinks.

And didn't someone else sing "Love is the sweetest thing..."?

greencreeper
04-09-2005, 22:19
You may scorn the idea of love, but believe me, you are truly missing out on something unique. :romance:
I felt it once. Best to stick to short-term relationships with people you like.

When you have been in a long term relationship you will KNOW this.
It's never going to happen, so I'll never get the unique opportunity to be self-delusional :D

I'm knee deep in romantics :disturbd:

Halcyon
04-09-2005, 23:48
Being in love is the best feeling in the world https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2005/10/9.gif

Agreed. [Awaits the day I fall in love again.]

Stuart
04-09-2005, 23:55
I felt it once. Best to stick to short-term relationships with people you like.

When you have been in a long term relationship you will KNOW this.
It's never going to happen, so I'll never get the unique opportunity to be self-delusional :D

I'm knee deep in romantics :disturbd:

GC, that perfect someone is out there somewhere...

Unforetunately, in my case, I met mine, didn't realise and dumped her for someone younger..

greencreeper
05-09-2005, 00:02
GC, that perfect someone is out there somewhere...
Possibly, though in my case they're likely to be on another continent :mis:

Unforetunately, in my case, I met mine, didn't realise and dumped her for someone younger..
Awwww :(

me283
05-09-2005, 00:04
Sadly, in life too many people look to meet the perfect person to love. But it's not a case of loving the perfect person... you need to love an imperfect person, perfectly.

Ramrod
05-09-2005, 00:07
Love is me slaving over a hot cooker preparing tea for my other half when I really don't/can't cook because I would do anything to make him happy :romance:

however

if he's never to be seen again then love does really hurt, in fact, it can kill oops:If you love something, set it free. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it :D

Unforetunately, in my case, I met mine, didn't realise and dumped her for someone younger..Look on the bright side...she's got more mileage :D

kronas
05-09-2005, 01:00
Love is.....

The joy that you feel when you are close to someone.
The longing in your heart to spend each minute of the day with them.
The pleasure you share in each touch, real or imagined.
The feeling of being complete that they bring to your life.
The light that banishes the darkness whenever you think of them.

The knot in your stomach when you are apart.
The despair in your heart when you know you can never be together.
The pain of never being able to hold, to touch, to kiss.
The emptiness in your life when they are no longer around.
The shadows in your soul when thoughts aren't enough.

The hope that burns inside, eternal yet fragile like a candle.
The cleansing tears that fall, that bring with them more pain.
The comforting hug in the darkness, that makes you feel alone.
The echoes of caring words, cold and biting like the wind they ride on.
The softest of hands that touches, whilst pushing you away.

The first discovery.
The blossoming joy
The deepest sadness.
The innevitable loss.
The everlasting pain.

aye ive been there :Yes:

poppycock ;) i dont believe that a relationship will fall apart just becuase you call each other 'cute' names, just for the record it doesent count ;)

I can't see that arranged marriages will work. Yes, there is a chance of a relationship working out, but I think most of the time, the couple may learn to love each other, or they may just stay together out of a sense of duty. Not a good grounding for a lasting relationship. For a really fulfilling relationship, you need to be IN love.

the thing is speaking to a few people it would seem culturally its a sense of duty on their part, one guy i spoke to said when the time comes he will have to get married, lets face it hes guaranteed a wife, kids, and no breakup, well usally :erm:

:erm: what you on tonight m8? you love someone because you fell in love with them, not some kind of arranged contract by both parents that you are commited to, that's just one of the reasons that western civilisation works, my wife can go out alone without having to hide her face and body.

not all cultures require the covering of bodies, i see alot of young asian women with jeans and tops, i guess thats being more westernised if your a bride then ofcourse you have to wear traditional but not that type of clothing.

the point i have been making is these days relationships are often taken for granted turn sour and end with a click of the fingers, is that just the way things are in this society, trust me on one thing though even though i have had my heart broken, id still choose option A :D

danielf
05-09-2005, 01:02
Love, an awkward thing...

I have never really felt 'in love' with my present gf. When we met, both of us were new (and unhappy) to the new city we were living in. We both just wanted some warmth/companionship, and we got into a relationship which we described as 'some discourse and some intercourse'. We both felt that if a new job came up somewhere else, that would be the end of he relationship. After all, convenience (read companionship and sex), rather than love was the basis of the relationship. Passion never came in to it. I was never passionately in love (nor was she). We did however, enjoyed each other's company.

Ten years later, we're still together. We spent 5 years living in different countries. During three of those years, we lived on different continents, and we would only see each other for one week every three months or so. We've lived together for four years now, and we haven't had a fight ever.

We're getting married next month.

There's more to love than passion...

me283
05-09-2005, 08:14
Love, an awkward thing...

I have never really felt 'in love' with my present gf. When we met, both of us were new (and unhappy) to the new city we were living in. We both just wanted some warmth/companionship, and we got into a relationship which we described as 'some discourse and some intercourse'. We both felt that if a new job came up somewhere else, that would be the end of he relationship. After all, convenience (read companionship and sex), rather than love was the basis of the relationship. Passion never came in to it. I was never passionately in love (nor was she). We did however, enjoyed each other's company.

Ten years later, we're still together. We spent 5 years living in different countries. During three of those years, we lived on different continents, and we would only see each other for one week every three months or so. We've lived together for four years now, and we haven't had a fight ever.

We're getting married next month.

There's more to love than passion...

Like I said earlier, it depends what you want from marriage... if it suits you (and it sounds like it does) go for it! Good luck!

the point i have been making is these days relationships are often taken for granted turn sour and end with a click of the fingers, is that just the way things are in this society, trust me on one thing though even though i have had my heart broken, id still choose option A :D

Agreed on both points. Sadly, divorce is all too easy in today's society (speaking from bitter experience). Or maybe it's marriage that is entered into all too easily... or maybe the smart people are happier not to get married...?

Bex
05-09-2005, 18:07
Sadly, in life too many people look to meet the perfect person to love. But it's not a case of loving the perfect person... you need to love an imperfect person, perfectly.

i think that is totally spot on:tu: :D

kronas
05-09-2005, 18:58
i think that is totally spot on:tu: :D

had to read that a few times but yep i agree too, nobody is perfect, there will always be inperfections, soul mate or not, but love is about looking past those imperfections and looking at the person within.

Agreed on both points. Sadly, divorce is all too easy in today's society (speaking from bitter experience). Or maybe it's marriage that is entered into all too easily... or maybe the smart people are happier not to get married...?

i think its about marriage being entered in to easily, the problem being when love gets to your head and im speaking from experiance too it does crazy things, for some people marriage is about consumating their relationship, cementing it so to speak.

some of my posts on here about buying things and so on were very out of character and irratic, i guess im seraching for happiness, but relationships are hard work.

Stuart
05-09-2005, 19:02

True, and in the case I mentioned, I wasn't actually looking for anyone, let alone a soul mate. I just happened to join the company she worked for.

me283
05-09-2005, 19:11
True, and in the case I mentioned, I wasn't actually looking for anyone, let alone a soul mate. I just happened to join the company she worked for.

Love creeps up on you. It happened to me when I least expected it, and to be honest, when I probably least wanted it. It was a complete fluke, but boy am I glad it happened! Now I wake up every day and feel like life really has got a purpose, other than just surviving, existing, and getting whatever happiness you can.

kronas
05-09-2005, 19:17
Love creeps up on you. It happened to me when I least expected it, and to be honest, when I probably least wanted it. It was a complete fluke, but boy am I glad it happened! Now I wake up every day and feel like life really has got a purpose, other than just surviving, existing, and getting whatever happiness you can.

im jealous :) thats how i feel right now, kind of empty too, but i maybe alone im my age group around where i live, im a quiet, shy, so i never get to chat up anyone, everyone else thinks about sex, but i dont (well in the sense thats the only thing) in anytype of relationship with the opposite sex.

Orior
05-09-2005, 22:32
Never date a tennis pro. To them, love means nothing.

kronas
06-09-2005, 00:08
Never date a tennis pro. To them, love means nothing.

why whats wrong with tennis proffessionals, are you just 'notches' on thier belt so to speak ?

Martin
06-09-2005, 00:10
I'm sorry to go off on a tangent but since i first read this thread i can't get that Tina Turner What's love got to do with it song out of my head!!

kronas
06-09-2005, 00:13
I'm sorry to go off on a tangent but since i first read this thread i can't get that Tina Turner What's love got to do with it song out of my head!!

hello martin long time no see :)

speaking of love i just wished the girl i fancy (the proverbial pants off) a happy birthday in a text, my phone locked up as she called but i could call her back..... but no just switched my phone off, does that mean im over her because i feel like crap for doing it...

/me cries

Marge
06-09-2005, 00:14
why whats wrong with tennis proffessionals, are you just 'notches' on thier belt so to speak ?

awww god bless ya Kronie, in tennis they don't use zero/nil when a player hasn't won any points, they call it love, ie 40 - love instead of 40-nil

kronas
06-09-2005, 00:20
awww god bless ya Kronie, in tennis they don't use zero/nil when a player hasn't won any points, they call it love, ie 40 - love instead of 40-nil

aye they do im a dunce :dunce:

Martin
06-09-2005, 00:21
hello martin long time no see :)

speaking of love i just wished the girl i fancy (the proverbial pants off) a happy birthday in a text, my phone locked up as she called but i could call her back..... but no just switched my phone off, does that mean im over her because i feel like crap for doing it...

/me cries

Aloha Kronie!

Well i'm always told plenty more fish in the sea. Think i should take up fishing!!

Hmmmm but you may yet ring her back keep me posted!

kronas
06-09-2005, 00:24
Aloha Kronie!

:tu:

Well i'm always told plenty more fish in the sea. Think i should take up fishing!!

they come in all shapes and sizes :naughty:

Hmmmm but you may yet ring her back keep me posted!

its been what 10-15 mins nah!

lol

Martin
06-09-2005, 00:47
its been what 10-15 mins nah!

lol

LOL It takes me that long to decide what i'm having for take-away! :p: I'll be more convinced in 24 hours. :D

me283
06-09-2005, 00:52

It comes from the French "l'oeuf" meaning "egg", as they thought the figure "0" looked like an egg. Bit of useless info there. Not completely off-topic either, as Paris is the city of romance.

Oh OK, it was completely off-topic and I'm just being a smart-a*se!