PDA

View Full Version : considering moving isp

oxygenuk
28-08-2005, 09:42
im thinking of migrating to maybe bulldog or plusnet or some other isp but havent heard good things about plusnet lately eg the 30 minute inactivity limit on there packages and i dont know a thign about bulldog, id like to be with telewest but its not avaliable in my area.

im currently with pipex and recently read about their 'speed' peak time cap type thing

as i spent 12+ hours a day surfing the net and downloading bits here n there n regularing downloading big files likes 2-4gb movies/games i dont know what isp is best for me:erm:

could someone reccomend me a decent ISP

thanks!! :D

ps: currently on pipex 256k service for £15 which is quite ridiculous and i dont know if they are upgrading customers anytime soon either and that speed cap peak time thing has me a little worried

oxygenuk
28-08-2005, 10:27
just come accross these guys http://www.eclipse.net.uk
they seem like one of them no bull**** isp's and have some good reviews going for them

hmm..?

Chris W
28-08-2005, 10:31
2.1 All the Terms and Conditions relating to the Home Broadband service referred to in †œPart B -
ADSL Connectionââ ¬Â apply to the Services. The Monthly Usage Allowance (the Usage included with the
Home Broadband service rental) is five (5) gigabytes per month. A charge of £1.75 + VAT will be charged
for each gigabyte or part thereof, of Usage over and above the Monthly Usage Allowance.

:Yikes:

Paul K
28-08-2005, 10:35
Plus net have been slated recently and Bulldog (http://www.my-bulldog-hell.co.uk/) has it's problems.
Are you looking specifically for ADSL or are you open to suggestions?

oxygenuk
28-08-2005, 10:41
Im open to suggestions.

i use bit torrent alot and have my connection on through the day almost everyday and sometimes overnight.

so hope you understand what im kinda looking for :P

Matthew
28-08-2005, 10:44
I think any ISP has its problems but are not published as much as the ones like PlusNet are. Personally PlusNet has given me no problems and I spend a fair amout of time using it. I am on the £21.99 2Mb package uncapped and never had any problems.

I personally recommend PlusNet but then at the end of the day its up to you which ISP you choose.

oxygenuk
28-08-2005, 11:10
plusnet are not uncapped.

they so called unlimited service has a 150gb limit and heard bad things about them the past couple of days, idle dc etc

Florence
28-08-2005, 11:16
Sometimes the smaller ISPs have no restrictions but they normally come a little dearer. The term you get what you pay for is right for ADSL the cheaper you go the restrictions are in place. Take a look at entityonline.net small but has no restrictions, Firenetuk.net a medium ISp has some with no restrictions, I have heard good remarks about F2S (freedom2surf) but as all those annoyed with Plusnet seemto be going there they will be teh next one with bad reviews as they fill up the bandwidth they have. I do know ppl using plusnet and they are happy and I only asked them again last night, they know about the uproar that 2 customers have caused since being removed but after all if you are not happy with you ISP provider anyone with sense moves on. You don't stay and try to monipulate the company to the detriment of other customers IMPO I certainly would have taken the free migration and found another supplier as obviously they wasn't happy with plusnet..

plusnet are not uncapped.

they so called unlimited service has a 150gb limit and heard bad things about them the past couple of days, idle dc etc

The idle is from what I have been told on the lower priced packages that have limits not on the higher priced packages.