PDA

View Full Version : 1 more day till thunderbirds go (NTL)

funkyCable
25-08-2005, 15:47
YIPPPIE am well excited about installation date tomorrow. Hopefully all runs smooth. Been reading this forum and with all the bad comments from some people it starting to make we stressed out thinking that they might not turn up or might do a ***k up of a job.

but hey holding thumbs and if all runs smoothly I will defiantly get a lotto ticket for saturday cus it was my lucky day.:disturbd: :dozey: :D

P.S SO FAR SO GOOD.

Jules
25-08-2005, 15:49
Good luck and let us know how it goes http://bestsmileys.com/sun/2.gif

MovedGoalPosts
25-08-2005, 15:50
Moved to ntl billing & Installation

The majority of installs do go as planned, painlessly. It must be remembered that the majority will remain silent when content, but if they have a problem they will shout about it. Hence we always hear more negative than positive report.

dilli-theclaw
25-08-2005, 15:53
My last install went perfectly :)

He was only slightly confused when he asked where my TV was - but when I turned on my pc and showed him that I was going to use that he was ok.... And he never had a problem with the broadband.

nickthegun
25-08-2005, 16:52
My broadband install was a strange beast.

The installer came round and didnt cut the co-ax cable correctly, so I had to call services to get him to come back out and do it again as the modem couldnt synch.

I also mentioned that as well as not working, the cable was too short (he left me about 6 or 7 feet). I arranged for the guy to come while I was at work and let the GF take care of him.

I get home and the guy has left a good 40 or 50 feet of co-ax cable underneath my PC desk. Ive got enough to litterally use the modem in my neighbours bedroom.

Halcyon
26-08-2005, 00:22
LOL
Sounds like fun. I guess you wont have any problems if you ever need to relocate your connection then.
Hope everything is working well for you, and welcome to the forum :)

funkyCable
26-08-2005, 11:17
1 hour and 45 mins till I finallly reach the PM window of opportunity. thanks guys for the support.

Jules
26-08-2005, 12:03
Be brave young Funkycable we are with you
http://bestsmileys.com/scifi/1.gif

Gareth
26-08-2005, 12:17
Not had any real problems with any of the installations the engineers performed (either at current address or previous one). The only slight annoyance was that they tried to be too helpful and modified an existing BT junction box that was already there, so that we'd not have an unused BT one and the NTL one. When we ditched NTL for BT, however, this caused problems and BT had to send an engineer round to tidy it all up. BT said NTL weren't within their rights to modify their hardware, but I can understand why they did it, and they were trying to help after all.

Billing dept, however, cause me to have nightmares! But as long as I continue to take my pills, everything's fine :erm:

funkyCable
26-08-2005, 13:31
Billing dept, however, cause me to have nightmares! But as long as I continue to take my pills, everything's fine :erm:

And what pills are they, where can i get some incase of need? should this be the solution I should take?

:hyper: :cleader: GOOOOOO NTL!!!!!:cleader:

12:00!!!! and the clock starts counting down 5 hours and 57 mins YIIPPPPEEE:dunce: :hyper:

And after i finished playing with ntl i can then get some :sleeping:

cable guy has arrived yippie

Jules
26-08-2005, 13:40
Go on Funky you can get through this :tu:

To be honest I had no problems at all when I had mine installed

Chris W
28-08-2005, 13:53
hmm... Funkycable doesn't seem to have been around since the cable guy turned up.... a bad sign :erm: ??

Jules
28-08-2005, 22:11
I noticed that as well :disturbd:

spike7451
28-08-2005, 23:28
Not had any real problems with any of the installations the engineers performed (either at current address or previous one). The only slight annoyance was that they tried to be too helpful and modified an existing BT junction box that was already there, so that we'd not have an unused BT one and the NTL one. When we ditched NTL for BT, however, this caused problems and BT had to send an engineer round to tidy it all up. BT said NTL weren't within their rights to modify their hardware, but I can understand why they did it, and they were trying to help after all.

#
YEahhh!! AND if I had a quid for every time BT had gone & used our wiring & fittings instead of installing new ones,i'd be on to a winner!! Bet the BT engineer does it himself & was p**** off as he had to do a bit of work!!!!!

Stuart
29-08-2005, 00:53
Because, of course, BT never take shortcuts when fitting a new phone..

spike7451
29-08-2005, 00:57
Because, of course, BT never take shortcuts when fitting a new phone..
Besides,if the punter wants all his/her other extensions to work,then we have to tap into the existing phone circuit unless the punter expects us to totally rewire his/her house!And then they'll get a bill!!!
Basically,we can touch anything AFTER the BT/NTL master phone socket, as can the punter.

funkyCable
31-08-2005, 10:46
hmm... Funkycable doesn't seem to have been around since the cable guy turned up.... a bad sign :erm: ??

Sorry to disappoint you but I am back!!!

Sorry for the late reply but I have been just to busy playing with all my new services.

While the engineer was A1 polite and sweet and got on with the job. Apparently we had cable installed before but somebody had completly destoryed the cables so the poor engineer who thought it would be a quick installation ended up installed all new cables.

Fitting: Come not have been smarter. no mess other than the wood shavings from drilling a hole into the door frame.

Installing the Set-up box: While all I can say is thank god he had another set-up box as the first one was faulty and could not pick up the card. but he replaced it with another one and it worked spot on.

Only thing I need some help on is my remote volumn buttons dont seem to work. The light comes on the remote when I press it but no response. Any ideas?

Secondly I need to connect my wireless network which I am having troubles with. But I can access the net if I connect it with a ethernet cable.

All in all A1 service and product and I am one happy chappie.

:clap: THANKS NTL YOUR THE BEST!!!! :clap:

P.S PLEASE DONT CHANGE MY MIND BY GIVING ME BAD SERVICE/CS ELSE YOU WILL BE SORRY:Peace: :LOL: