PDA

View Full Version : Enhanced TV

Tod
14-10-2003, 16:04
Anyone in the know about E-TV with NTL for original areas?? Is it coming in the next month? Before christmas? Next Year sometime? Or just a fable like the sky falling on the chicken?

As far as I am concerned if nothing happens before christmas, it's NTLs last chance as I am sick of all the bull.

Tod
17-10-2003, 09:31
Well, no one at NTL knows then - worrying to say the least!
I've heard it will not be until spring earliest next year, but what do people think might happen? Lets all speculate what we think will happen.
And when it does, does anyone believe it will work properly? And how long until it does?
One thing I have thought of doing is going with sky for a year, then returning to cable and hopefully they have sorted themselves out. Well at least I would get a new set top box which might be able to cope with CR3!

Nemesis
17-10-2003, 09:35
Well, no one at NTL knows then - worrying to say the least!
I've heard it will not be until spring earliest next year, but what do people think might happen? Lets all speculate what we think will happen.
And when it does, does anyone believe it will work properly? And how long until it does?
One thing I have thought of doing is going with sky for a year, then returning to cable and hopefully they have sorted themselves out. Well at least I would get a new set top box which might be able to cope with CR3!
Tod, this isn't an NTL site, .Com is. Feel free to post yor query there or directly PM the Mods Neil,Ben and Mick over there.

Personally, I'd not heard about this, where did you get your info from ??

Tod
17-10-2003, 15:12
I thought people from NTL posted on here? Do you really think I would get a reply directly from staff on .com where they can be identified to their bosses? I don't think so!

Nemesis
17-10-2003, 15:16
I thought people from NTL posted on here? Do you really think I would get a reply directly from staff on .com where they can be identified to their bosses? I don't think so!
People from NTL do post here, it is actively encouraged, but with controversial stuff, you are unlikely to get a reply to a post. You could try a PM to one of the Mods on .Com, then they are at no risk.

the jackel
19-10-2003, 14:33
ETV should be available once CR3 has been launched

Bizarre
19-10-2003, 14:39

Which will be when??? :blah: :blah: :blah:

Certainly like Tod's idea of moving elsewhere & then getting a new STB if/when I were to move back...

Lord Nikon
19-10-2003, 16:18
CR3 apparently scheduled for Q1 2004

Tod
24-11-2003, 09:49
Now everyone is over here and there is no threat of you loosing your job commenting - when is it going to happen, and how is it going?

gary_580
24-11-2003, 10:45

I thought we were already on CR3?

Nemesis
24-11-2003, 10:50
I thought we were already on CR3?
Not all areas ...

gary_580
24-11-2003, 10:53
oh ok so CR3 has been launched, just not fully rolled out. i'm sure i've had CR3 for about a year, if its not in all areas by now then i guess holding your breath for ETV (what ever that is) is a bit optimistic

the jackel
24-11-2003, 14:25
Now everyone is over here and there is no threat of you loosing your job commenting - when is it going to happen, and how is it going?

What makes you say there is no threat? its gonna be Q1 2004, no dates as trials not finished until next year. No new information other than that you already know.

Tod
24-11-2003, 15:32
What makes you say there is no threat? its gonna be Q1 2004, no dates as trials not finished until next year. No new information other than that you already know.

Well there is no threat as long as NTL staff don't link any ID to their nthellworld user name.

Bob
24-11-2003, 16:33

Has there been some problems with the software?

the jackel
24-11-2003, 17:00
Has there been some problems with the software?

minor glitches but these have been fixed. Hopefully will be bug free (dare I says that) when its rolled out next year

dialanothernumb
24-11-2003, 23:45
IMHO, If Enhanced TV is REALLY important to you, the best ETV is to be had through Freeview. It's unfussy, fast (on a recent STB) and no cost. I have CR3 and frankly I don't use it on NTL as it's slow and cumbersome. I would trade the resource ETV takes for a better EPG any day.

FFS, Freeview will have a better EPG soon (7 day lookahead) than NTL.

I guess (apart from the perennial problem of money) the ETV on cable is caught in the timewarp of the pace STBs which holds back development of a more active service.

I hope NTL don't actually pay anyone to "manage" ETV, there is absolutely nothing worth managing

Frank
25-11-2003, 10:59
I hope NTL don't actually pay anyone to "manage" ETV, there is absolutely nothing worth managingDidn't you know, there is a whole team of people.

dialanothernumb
26-11-2003, 23:51
Didn't you know, there is a whole team of people.

How many people do their grocery shopping on NTL interactive? Honestly.. (okay, how many, more than once?)