PDA

View Full Version : Russ on TV - the repeat!

Russ
14-10-2003, 12:20
In case anyone missed my tv debut in April, my 'Bald' documentary is repeated tomorrow on Discovery Health at 21:30 :)

</shameless plug>

handyman
14-10-2003, 12:35
:rolleyes: shameless :)

Paul K
14-10-2003, 12:43
Sets video and gets sunglasses on to reduce glare :p

th'engineer
14-10-2003, 12:46
In case anyone missed my tv debut in April, my 'Bald' documentary is repeated tomorrow on Discovery Health at 21:30 :)

</shameless plug>
Hope you look better on TV than on a 3G phone:) at least its after the watershed. do not think i could subject the younger members of the family to it :D

Bex
14-10-2003, 12:47
Sets video and gets sunglasses on to reduce glare :p
:rofl: @paul

im sure my mum will tune into that russ...she still thinks ur a bit of a looker :naughty:

Paul K
14-10-2003, 12:51
Which "bit" though ;)

Bex
14-10-2003, 13:00
Which "bit" though ;)

huh? :erm:

Ramrod
14-10-2003, 13:02

</shameless plug>
What's it about?

Paul K
14-10-2003, 13:04
Wake up Bex :zzz: Which "Bit" of a looker is he? :shrug: Never mind, I'll get me coat :walk:

Bex
14-10-2003, 13:14
Wake up Bex :zzz: Which "Bit" of a looker is he? :shrug: Never mind, I'll get me coat :walk:

:rofl:

Chris
14-10-2003, 13:25

</shameless plug>
Never was I so glad I've only got the base pack ... ;)

Russ
14-10-2003, 14:02
What's it about?

I can't believe you lot are being no nasty!! :D

It's about 5 idiots who went bald young (I was 21) and all the silly ideas we've tried in an effort to combat it.

Warning - if you fancy a larf, watch me in front of the mirror - they manage to make me look even more of an idiot than normal.... :spin:

homealone
14-10-2003, 14:04
What's it about?

Its a program about the varied reactions of a group of young men to the onset of premature baldness. Strategies included just accept it & shave whats left, transplants, toupees, weaves etc - it was quite interesting. Russ came over quite well, but don't tell him;)

Bex
14-10-2003, 14:18
i might watch it again.......there was one bloke on there who was well fit...

the guy from windsor

Ramrod
14-10-2003, 14:44
Its a program about the varied reactions of a group of young men to the onset of premature baldness. Strategies included just accept it & shave whats left, transplants, toupees, weaves etc - it was quite interesting. Russ came over quite well, but don't tell him;)I must try to remember to watch it :)

th'engineer
14-10-2003, 14:45
They manage to make me look even more of an idiot than normal.... :spin:
Did not think that special effects had come that far forward on TV :p

cjll3
14-10-2003, 15:23
Oh well, look on the brightside, at least you don't have to watch your hair turning grey .. :(

iadom
14-10-2003, 16:12

I may watch it again just to check if you really do have two feet.:rolleyes: :D

That guy from Rochdale was a bit weird though.

zoombini
14-10-2003, 16:18
Hmm, did you get paid the last time?
If so do you get owt for a repeat? lol.

Is there still a hairy spray can in your bathroom cabinet?

th'engineer
14-10-2003, 16:22
I may watch it again just to check if you really do have two feet.:rolleyes: :D

That guy from Rochdale was a bit weird though.
Who you calling weird:D

iadom
14-10-2003, 16:35
Who you calling weird:D
If the cap fits,;) did you see the programme the first time round? The bloke from Rochdale spent a fortune on some quite gruesome treatments.:eek:

Russ
14-10-2003, 17:31
Is there still a hairy spray can in your bathroom cabinet?

No there is not!!

I stopped using that stuff about 5 years ago, but they turned up with an almost-empty of it and expected me to use it, even though what little hair I have left was far too short for it! In the documentary they make it look as if I only spray a bit on (thereby leaving a BIG patch on bare slaphead) and then say "Yes, this is how it looks etc"!!

i might watch it again.......there was one bloke on there who was well fit...

I had a bighead when I read that...

the guy from windsor

..until I read that bit!! That guy's name was Warren, during filming he was quite chatty, he seemed a really decent bloke.

The bloke from Rochdale spent a fortune on some quite gruesome treatments.

Yeah, the Ozzy Osbourne look-a-like!! His name is Lee and trust me, during filming he was equally as, um, 'eccentric'...

Bex
14-10-2003, 18:38
<snip>I had a bighead when I read that...

..until I read that bit!! That guy's name was Warren, during filming he was quite chatty, he seemed a really decent bloke.

knew u would hun ;) yeah that's it warren.........ach ur not too bad urself hun ;)

Marge
14-10-2003, 18:40
Think this sounds like a good excuse to get the girls round, open some beer :drunk: and ogle at the tv

Chris
14-10-2003, 18:43
knew u would hun ;) yeah that's it warren.........ach ur not too bad urself hun ;)

Think this sounds like a good excuse to get the girls round, open some beer :drunk: and ogle at the tv

I can sense Russ' head swelling again - if we're not careful he'll become an air traffic navigation hazard ... :D

iadom
14-10-2003, 18:46
Wouldn't drink to much before the Rochdale guy has been on, all that blood and hair.:sick:

Bex
14-10-2003, 19:06
Wouldn't drink to much before the Rochdale guy has been on, all that blood and hair.:sick:

i actually just remembered i have it on vid from the first time round :erm: it says on the box "russ bald" :rofl:

debs if u didnt see it before...watch out for warren....very nice body u cant miss him.....yum yum ;)

Ramrod
14-10-2003, 21:53

</shameless plug>
Your prog wasn't on!

Russ
14-10-2003, 21:54
You mean to tell me you have a time machine and went forward to tomorrow and saw it's not on???? :D

Ramrod
14-10-2003, 22:02
You mean to tell me you have a time machine and went forward to tomorrow and saw it's not on???? :DAh....boll*cks.....didn't read that little word 'tomorrow' that you wrote :blush: :D

Bex
14-10-2003, 22:11
russ you taping it so bubby can see it when she's older? you can :blush: her when she bring friends home by showing the tape of when dad was famous ;)

Paul K
14-10-2003, 22:44
Did not think that special effects had come that far forward on TV :p
Welcome to the digital era, everything is possible.......
apart from NTL sorting itself out:p
:sets video for 2130, needs a laf: ;) So Russ did you do the old "comb over" routine or did you realise at a young age you were always gonna "dazzle" the ladies :)

Stuart
15-10-2003, 02:05
So Russ, when are we getting "Bald: The movie", a tale about 5 young men and the herioc way they deal with hair loss? :D

Russ
15-10-2003, 08:09
So Russ did you do the old "comb over" routine or did you realise at a young age you were always gonna "dazzle" the ladies :)

Me?? Comb over?? NO!!

I started losing it when I was 21 and it wasn't until about 4 years ago that I finally took to shaving it all off. I had to buy a set of clippers because I had a bit of a nasty experience when I went to my local hairdresser. I went in and asked for a 'number two' all over. Imagine my shock and alarm when he proceeded to smear poo over my head :(

So Russ, when are we getting "Bald: The movie", a tale about 5 young men and the herioc way they deal with hair loss?

There's a scene where they line all five of us up Usual Suspects-style and ask us questions such as "Step forward if you're happy with the way you look" etc. One of the guys there is wearing a wig, but if you called it a wig to his face, he'd get quite offended, he called it a 'hair-piece' (that sounds far too much like 'herpes' to me :eek: ). Well the narrator asks "Step forward if you're wearing a wig" and this guy steps forward and says "Actually it's not a wig it's a hair-piece". See if you can quickly catch the look on my face, I just lose it and burst out laughing :rofl:

Ramrod
15-10-2003, 22:24
Incredible! I watched the prog to see Russ but one of my patients is on there as well! The trichologist. What are the odds on that?
Small world......

Shaun
15-10-2003, 22:44
I went in and asked for a 'number two' all over. Imagine my shock and alarm when he proceeded to smear poo over my head :(

See I thought that I knew where that was going..............................it wasn't there.

Marge
15-10-2003, 23:03
Silly me went out after work and almost missed it, however caught the last 15 mins and Russ, me thinks you were the best of the bunch by a mile :naughty:

Paul K
15-10-2003, 23:08
Me?? Comb over?? NO!!

I started losing it when I was 21 and it wasn't until about 4 years ago that I finally took to shaving it all off. I had to buy a set of clippers because I had a bit of a nasty experience when I went to my local hairdresser. I went in and asked for a 'number two' all over. Imagine my shock and alarm when he proceeded to smear poo over my head :(

What kind of hairdressers did you go to? Did it help your hair grow ;)
:steps back and moves slowly away from thread:

Ramrod
15-10-2003, 23:12
Silly me went out after work and almost missed it, however caught the last 15 mins and Russ, me thinks you were the best of the bunch by a mile :naughty:Certainly the sanest:D
That 'goth'.....:rofl:

MadGamer
20-10-2003, 20:50
I can't believe you lot are being no nasty!! :D

It's about 5 idiots who went bald young (I was 21) and all the silly ideas we've tried in an effort to combat it.

Warning - if you fancy a larf, watch me in front of the mirror - they manage to make me look even more of an idiot than normal.... :spin: Funny