PDA

View Full Version : bad support, bad CS

mbbx0bbr
13-10-2003, 21:35
last wednesday my NTL house phone seemed not to be working. we found this out as no one had called us for days!! Disconnected all extension form the main socket and checked master socket with another phone and still not working.

so on Wednesday I had to call NTL through my mobile, with the usual wait of around 10mins. They said oh NTL man can come round on friday (no good), we arranged after 6pm on the thursday (very good). He didn't turn up. Called again (on the mobile) he'll be their after 6pm on the friday. Well i get home on the friday and he's already been (at 4.30PM)!

I call on Saturday to explain this tits up (on the mobile). On wait for like 20mins this time. Eventually get through and they say ''oh sorry, we can't get anyone out untill Thursday.'' I'm a little mad at this point. I try to explain it was NTL's fault and am not to pleased. They try their hardest and then find they can send some1 after 6pm on the monday and shall give us a week free phone rental (thats about £2.50).

2day (monday), the NTL man (is their any woman?) turned up at 5.45, good job i was home early 2day. In the end it was found out that a new phone cable has to be run from the outside box to the inside master socket. But the NTL man said he can't do it because he only deals with cables inside the house! He took my mobile number and said that the NTL would call me 2night (Monday) to arrnage a time for the next NTL man to do the replacement cable. (the only time for me is after 6pm any week night).

Now I haven't received any calls on my mobile 2night to have this next NTL visit arranged. Maybe they tried calling my NTL house phone (that does not work as the cable is brocken!).

So a week without a land line. I was most upset with the support staff on the Saturday as they would not move from a Thursday appointment for the visit, until I showed my frustration. I was not offered my home calls to be redirected to my mobile, all i was able to get was £2.50 out of them, even the calls to them on my mobile have probably cost £10.

I've always said. I would move straight to BT and adsl, if it wasn't for the fact that my exchange is 95% NTL and is unviable for BT to make it ADSL enabled!! is this what one calls a monopoly?

Does any1 have any advice for me here? have I been treated fairly?

Russ
13-10-2003, 21:42
Check your PMs ;)

mbbx0bbr
18-10-2003, 18:14
well 2day (saturday) some one was ment to come between 12-5 to fit a new telephone cable. did they turn up?

No they did not.

can i call NTL support? not on my NTL phone!

Russ
18-10-2003, 18:31
Erm...I sent you a PM?