PDA

View Full Version : Captain Marvel Movie (2019)

pip08456
18-09-2018, 14:28
Trailer for next years Captain Marvel. Look like it could be good.

Z1BCujX3pw8

General Maximus
18-09-2018, 19:06
yup, I am hyped. I heard some people whinging about it this afternoon before I saw it and I don't understand why. I don't know anything about Captain Marvel just as I didn't know anything about any of the other Marvel characters/movies before I saw them but this looks like a solid foundation to build on the others and there definitely isn't anything in the trailer to put me off. Marvel are well aware of the weight they carry on their shoulders now and the expectation in the run up to Infinity War P2 and such an amazing legacy of the previous films. I imagine this is going to be a fantastic movie, hugely popular and I am well chuffed to see Phill Coulson in it because I thought they were keeping AoS separate from the movies. This goes back to my realism factor though and it makes sense because Phil Coulson would have been No. 2 with Nick Fury back in the day doing his thing.

I am excited :cleader:

Pierre
18-09-2018, 20:34
They keeping AoS separate, there is no crossover.

As you know, CM is set in the 80’s or 90’s before Coulson died.

Stephen
19-09-2018, 13:42
This film is set primarily in the 90s with Coulson and Fury both getting CGI de-aging to look younger. I think Fury might not be in Shield at that point in time.

AoS did start in the movies first and there is still mention in the show of events that happened in the films.

BenMcr
19-09-2018, 14:16
The biggest issue is the time that it takes to make films vs the series.

I can't find it at the moment, but there is a interview where the AoS team said they had to pretty much create a throwaway first half to Season 1. They knew Winter Soldier was coming up, but couldn't do anything about it till the movie came out.

General Maximus
20-09-2018, 08:06
AoS did start in the movies first and there is still mention in the show of events that happened in the films.
I know and that adds to my "realism factor" because it helps keep it all real and shows that they are in the same universe and links it all together just like the movies do. What I meant was last year or the year before I read an interview with Clarke Gregg in SFX when they did an AoS feature and he said would love to be in the movies again with Infinity War coming out but nobody had approached him. If he was heavily involved with Captain Marvel back in the day and she is coming into Infinity War P2 to save the day I would love to see him in it with Fury, it would be excellent, make sense story wise and be the icing on the cake to an amazing ensemble cast.

Angua
20-09-2018, 09:45
The funniest thing I have come across over this trailer, is a woman whinging on Twitter to amnesty international that the female character has 33 words of dialogue, where Samuel L Jackson gets 67.

Just have no words for the level of OCD idiocy with this.

Stephen
20-09-2018, 10:54
Yeah people trying to say, its a female led movie but a male has more words to say in a teaser trailer means the movie is sexist.

Think about it logically. Many people won't know who Marvel is, so a way to introduce her the teaser features a character that everyone is familiar with.

Then when the next 'full' trailer arrives in a few months it will focus more on the main character.

Some people just like to complain and get in on the PC brigade nonsense.

General Maximus
20-09-2018, 18:54
The funniest thing I have come across over this trailer, is a woman whinging on Twitter to amnesty international that the female character has 33 words of dialogue, where Samuel L Jackson gets 67.

Just have no words for the level of OCD idiocy with this.

I am going to complain to amnesty international because you have got nearly as many posts as I have and this is the first time I haver seen you :shocked:

General Maximus
03-12-2018, 22:23
Brace yourself; keep your eyes peeled, ears to the ground and don't go to sleep, the new trailer is imminent:

https://www.imdb.com/news/ni62299303?pf_rd_m=A2FGELUUNOQJNL&pf_rd_p=73ff69c3-cf0f-4468-ab90-5a2ea2639a0b&pf_rd_r=TE12QAC0RCKGPC2218ZN&pf_rd_s=center-6&pf_rd_t=15061&pf_rd_i=homepage&ref_=hm_nw_tp4

pip08456
03-12-2018, 23:02
Marvel fans have been anxiously speculating a brand new trailer coming this week, and now that news has been confirmed. While it might not be the trailer that everyone was hoping to see (cough cough, Avengers 4, cough cough), Marvel Studios has confirmed that a brand new look at the upcoming Captain Marvel will be revealed on Monday.

https://fanfest.com/2018/12/02/captain-marvel-debuts-a-stunning-new-poster-new-trailer-dropping-monday/

I expect it will be on youtube shortly after.

General Maximus
04-12-2018, 08:18
tkSuLa3o_5A

pip08456
08-01-2019, 15:24
And a Special look.

GX33bIOA5aA

denphone
09-01-2019, 07:52
Looking forward to it.:hyper::hyper:

General Maximus
09-01-2019, 09:47
me too, I think it is going to be a superb Marvel movie, it is going to setup the next era of the MCU but most of all I am looking forward to seeing more or Samuel L Jackson. He has got an amazing presence on screen and I feel like we haven't seen him properly since Winter Soldier.

I think this is going to be huge and edging towards the $2bn mark because everyone who saw Infinity War is going to want to watch this.

pip08456
09-01-2019, 09:58
I agree with you General, but it is not only going to set up the next era but also be the prequel to everything that's happened in the MCU.

General Maximus
09-01-2019, 16:52
6SgZA6QB5GI

I love behind the scenes stuff and things like this just get me more and more excited because it shows me how much they all care about making the movie and fantastic (and "real") as possible.

Stuart
11-01-2019, 10:38
I have no problem with a female-led superhero movie. The only things I ask are the same things I ask for in any male-led superhero movie. That the characters be well written, the story exciting (funny is a bonus), the action well done, the direction coherent and the special effects good.

So far, the Marvel movies have scored well on most of those. The DC movies, not so well (the said, I loved Christopher Reeve and Brandon Routh as Superman, loved the Burton and Nolan Batman movies, Aquaman and Wonder woman, while I liked Suicide Squad a lot). The weak point for the Marvel movies has traditionally been the bad guy, allthough the bad guys in Black Panther were excellent, as was Thanos, and the various bad guys in Captain America.

I don't think you can really tell from the trailers (I remember hearing an editor who made trailers for a living who said it was the easiest job in the world because you can find 30 seconds of good film in any film), but based on their past performance, and that I like Brie Larson as an actress, I think Captain Marvel will be a good film.

Damien
11-01-2019, 12:29
Brie Larson is an excellent actress, I was immediately much more interested in this film with her cast.

General Maximus
12-01-2019, 17:00
I don't think you can really tell from the trailers, but based on their past performance, and that I like Brie Larson as an actress, I think Captain Marvel will be a good film.

Brie Larson is an excellent actress, I was immediately much more interested in this film with her cast.
I was the complete opposite. When I first heard about the film I was excited and then when I heard she had been cast I sighed big time and thought "what have they done?". She may be a good actress but I have only ever seen her in "Room" and she struck me as one of those arty farty character actors like Meryl Streep and not an action hero. This isn't just one film they are potentially going to screw up, it is Infinity War P2 plus the MCU going forward if she is going to be taking the reins.

I felt a lot better about it once the teaser and trailer were released and my confidence has been restored now that I have scene that behind the scenes mini featurette. It contributes to my realism factor and the fact that she has done so much training physically to be able to do the action sequences adds authenticity to the scenes and characters and just makes her more believable and real.

Hugh
12-01-2019, 18:38
I thought she was excellent in Free Fire, which is an action movie.

Damien
12-01-2019, 19:56
Yup Room was excellent. Also Scott Pilgrim she was in giving more 'attitude'.

Stuart
12-01-2019, 20:53
I was the complete opposite. When I first heard about the film I was excited and then when I heard she had been cast I sighed big time and thought "what have they done?". She may be a good actress but I have only ever seen her in "Room" and she struck me as one of those arty farty character actors like Meryl Streep and not an action hero. This isn't just one film they are potentially going to screw up, it is Infinity War P2 plus the MCU going forward if she is going to be taking the reins.

I felt a lot better about it once the teaser and trailer were released and my confidence has been restored now that I have scene that behind the scenes mini featurette. It contributes to my realism factor and the fact that she has done so much training physically to be able to do the action sequences adds authenticity to the scenes and characters and just makes her more believable and real.

She's a good actress.. I suspect anyone who has only seen Ian McKellan or Patrick Stewart in Shakespear would be shocked to see Gandalf, Magneto, Captain Picard or Professor X.

General Maximus
13-01-2019, 17:27
true. Tbh from what I have seen so far she looks awesome and every bit a believable Captain Marvel and that is the sign of an excellent actress. I won't look at her and think "oh yeah it is that woman who played the weak woman locked in that room".

I can't wait. I have got it saved in my films list on the Odeon website so hopefully I'll get an email when the tickets go up but I check regularly anyway. They know it is going to be massive so I am expecting any time at the beginning of February with a midnight premiere and it will be interesting to see if they tie it in with a double bill. I think they would normally want to Infinity War but they'll save that for Endgame as it is only a month later.

General Maximus
04-02-2019, 08:27
UDBsvOtd9fA

tickets aren't available yet but I am keeping my eyes peeled.

General Maximus
04-02-2019, 20:18
Just checked the Odeon website and it says tickets will be available for advanced booking tomorrow (Tuesday 5th). Keep your fingers crossed for a midnight premiere.

Stephen
04-02-2019, 20:48
Cineworld say their tickets will go live tomorrow.

General Maximus
05-02-2019, 12:17
Tickets are available at Odeon with a midnight premiere.

General Maximus
04-03-2019, 07:34
3 days to go......

UKpsVsFAN6Y

Hugh
04-03-2019, 10:25
Midnight (plus one minute) showings at the Vue Cinemas Thursday night/Friday morning - 2D, 3D, and 3D IMAX.

I’ll probably go for the 3D IMAX Friday lunchtime.

Stuart
04-03-2019, 12:10
Going to see it on Friday night. I think it will be a good film. Brie Larson is a good actress, and I think generally, Marvel have done a good jobs with their films (even Age of Ultron, which was a bit of a misstep IMO, was still a good film).

I'm also ignoring the Rotten Tomatoes Score. No one, beyond a few critics, the cast, crew and possibly other Marvel/Disney employees, has seen it yet. You should not judge a film you haven't seen, again, IMO.

Damien
04-03-2019, 19:07
I'm also ignoring the Rotten Tomatoes Score. No one, beyond a few critics, the cast, crew and possibly other Marvel/Disney employees, has seen it yet. You should not judge a film you haven't seen, again, IMO.

That's just a bunch of angry internet nerds angry at Brie Larson giving it rubbish reviews. :rolleyes:

General Maximus
04-03-2019, 19:36
Going to see it on Friday night.
I am going to the midnight premiere in 3D on Thursday night

That's just a bunch of angry internet nerds angry at Brie Larson giving it rubbish reviews. :rolleyes:
yeah, I think it is looks absolutely fantastic and that is coming from someone who thought it was going to be cack to start off with. I can't wait to see it and it feels like it has taken forever because it is the first good film of the year.

Paul
04-03-2019, 21:45

I just looked after reading this, and it has no score yet :confused:

Damien
04-03-2019, 21:56
I just looked after reading this, and it has no score yet :confused:

I think they might have already removed it: https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2019/03/rotten-tomatoes-captain-marvel-review-ratings-system-online-trolls/584032/

They're changing the system after this film was inundated with negative reviews.

Captain Marvel hasn’t hit theaters, yet it garnered a dismal audience score of 54 percent—far below the totals for other recent Marvel movies. The poor grade is the result of “review bombing,” a practice that’s also widespread in the highly charged world of video gaming.

DocDutch
05-03-2019, 07:39
Sunday for me can't wait to see how this is going to link into infinity wars

General Maximus
05-03-2019, 08:06
yup, especially the post credits scene, it I going to be a direct tie-in . Luckily we are only going to have to wait 6 weeks to find out what happens instead of the best part of a year with Infinity War.

General Maximus
06-03-2019, 11:03
XrEv6sTKzNw

Zrvwwfc_I5Q

DocDutch
06-03-2019, 17:39
yup, especially the post credits scene, it I going to be a direct tie-in . Luckily we are only going to have to wait 6 weeks to find out what happens instead of the best part of a year with Infinity War.

still it is that wait that is killing me now... want to know which of the original avengers is going to get killed off

General Maximus
06-03-2019, 22:16
well I don't know whether they are going to be "killed" off or written off some other way but I am expecting Iron Man, Captain America and Thor to be no more. We know we are getting another Black Panther, Spiderman, Guardians, Ant-man, Black Widow and and Dr Strange film so all those guys are safe.

At the moment I think Brie Larson/Captain Marvel is going to be the bees knees so it is going to soften the blow for me in Endgame if Iron Man etc make an exit and Captain Marvel takes on the mantle.

Pierre
08-03-2019, 21:04
Marvel rarely screw it up.

But I just think after Avengers:Endgame where does it go?

Damien
08-03-2019, 22:32
They have a bunch of films lined up still. Although I think after Spiderman there is a bit of a break. I want them to move away from having to have all the films/universes line up though, give more creative freedom to each film.

General Maximus
09-03-2019, 18:25
But I just think after Avengers:Endgame where does it go?
who knows buy knowing Marvel they have planned years ahead and everything is going to flow smoothly. If Captain America or Iron Man do end up being Mod Edit - potential spoiler removedI imagine there will be a smooth transition over to Captain Marvel. If Thor is going as well though I am interested to see how one characters can fill three characters shoes. Maybe it will be a while before they do another Avengers film which will give them chance to introduce some new characters. Black Panther will be in the next one so that is one, and there is a new Chinese dude coming in as well so numbers wise it will balance out. They have also got Spiderman and Ant-man to draw on as well if needs be so I am sure they will work it out.

Hugh
11-03-2019, 15:31
2nd biggest Marvel opening weekend, after Avengers: Infinity Wars.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=27774&d=1552318095

Damien
11-03-2019, 18:08
But this movie was gonna fail cos all the ‘fans’ where gonna boycott it because of Disney’s SJW agenda?

General Maximus
11-03-2019, 18:35
But this movie was gonna fail cos all the ‘fans’ where gonna boycott it because of Disney’s SJW agenda?
I don't know comes up with that crap. It all starts because of a couple of drama queens trying to make an issue out of something and hope that everyone jumps on the bandwagon.

I am delighted that it is going so well and hopefully by this time next week it will have hit to $1bn mark. It makes sense that everyone would have an interest in and want to know who the saviour of Infinity War is going to be, where she comes from and what she can do.

Angua
11-03-2019, 18:51
I don't know comes up with that crap. It all starts because of a couple of drama queens trying to make an issue out of something and hope that everyone jumps on the bandwagon.

I am delighted that it is going so well and hopefully by this time next week it will have hit to $1bn mark. It makes sense that everyone would have an interest in and want to know who the saviour of Infinity War is going to be, where she comes from and what she can do.

This will shut Mr A up. He has been wittering on about Rotten Tomato reviews going missing and other criticisms over things said. When all that has happened is this has boosted ticket sales and got bums on seats.

:LOL:

Damien
11-03-2019, 18:55

Same as 'gamer gate'. There are a minority of people on the internet with a chip on their shoulder who think every time a women is cast in a lead role it's some sort of sinister leftist agenda for whatever reason against men. Even this film which is the first female led Marvel film in it's 10 years. Apparently 1 in 21 films is obviously too much. :rolleyes:

General Maximus
11-03-2019, 20:09
I would agree with them if they were doing it for the sake of political correctness and it didn't work out but it is a good film and she was fantastic in it. They need to get over it because it was at least a year ago that they said she would be taking over from Iron Man so she is going to be getting her own trilogy plus appearances in the next couple of Avengers films plus whatever else. I would be the first person to moan if she was in any way rubbish because I wasn't a happy bunny at all when I heard she was cast as Captain Marvel but I think she is awesome. I was watching the way she moves, her body language, the way she talks and her vocal pitch and I love it all.

Damien
11-03-2019, 21:17
I would agree with them if they were doing it for the sake of political correctness and it didn't work out but it is a good film and she was fantastic in it. They need to get over it because it was at least a year ago that they said she would be taking over from Iron Man so she is going to be getting her own trilogy plus appearances in the next couple of Avengers films plus whatever else. I would be the first person to moan if she was in any way rubbish because I wasn't a happy bunny at all when I heard she was cast as Captain Marvel but I think she is awesome. I was watching the way she moves, her body language, the way she talks and her vocal pitch and I love it all.

Does really matter if they get over it really. The success of the film shows they aren't as important as they think they are :D

And yes Brie Larson is great.

General Maximus
03-04-2019, 18:44
It has just hit $1bn

https://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Captain-Marvel-(2019)#tab=box-office