PDA

View Full Version : Song of the south - 1946

Dude111
25-04-2018, 15:32
I just found an NTSC VHS copy of this movie from the UK last week and I ordered it......

WHAT IS SO "HIGHLY OFFENSIVE" AS DISNEY SAYS???

WHAT A GORGEOUS MOVIE...... Screw them and thier stupid views and trying to keep things from people!! (This movie is no worse then GONE WITH THE WIND and certainly no worse than BLAZING SADDLES)

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT!!!!!!!

The UK company did a direct copy from the PAL tape to an NTSC machine so there is no speedup........ The audio is slighly lower as you'd expect with a copy but its beautiful.... Looks exactly as im sure it does on the PAL tape!!

Its a wonderful film...... Alot of songs and stories I have heard!!!!

SCREW THE USA AND THIER STUPID VIEWS!!!!!!

Chris
25-04-2018, 19:35
And ... breathe ...

I believe it is generally considered to be in somewhat poor taste for showing black people apparently content with their status as slaves.

pip08456
25-04-2018, 19:47
And ... breathe ...

I believe it is generally considered to be in somewhat poor taste for showing black people apparently content with their status as slaves.

What you really mean is that it's now considered Non-PC in the present day. I agree with that.

It still doesn't stop it from being a well written/acted/directed film of it's time.

Stephen
25-04-2018, 20:23
There is nothing wrong per say but in this modern world we live in many people are not happy with is showing black people appearing to be happy and content with their lives as slaves.

Same with many films made during certain eras being non PC these days.

Blazing Saddles is a comedy and spoof of westerns sk generally can't be put in the same category.

Dude111
26-04-2018, 03:24
No I guess it cant be (Blazing saddles)

I dunno....I love it as much as I love Gone with the wind!! (Boy what a long one that is)

Stephen
26-04-2018, 06:41
When gone with the wind and other long films like Cleopatra came out going to the movies was an event. There was news reels before and an intermission or two during the movie.

denphone
26-04-2018, 17:20
What you really mean is that it's now considered Non-PC in the present day. I agree with that.

It still doesn't stop it from being a well written/acted/directed film of it's time.

It certainly was a excellent film of its time but nowadays you certainly as you say could not getaway with it.

Dude111
02-05-2018, 08:55
No sadly alot of movies wouldnt be able to be done.....

One flew over the cuckoos nest (1975) is one.... (I love it)

Stephen
03-05-2018, 20:38
How? It's based on a great book and don't think there is anything wrong with the content.

RichardCoulter
03-05-2018, 23:43
This reminds me of the position that Talking Pictures TV have found themselves in for showing historical material.

denphone
04-05-2018, 13:01
How? It's based on a great book and don't think there is anything wrong with the content.

We might not think there is anything wrong with the content but the PC brigade might.

Dude111
06-05-2018, 01:43
Yup PC has really ruined things :(