PDA

View Full Version : Captain America: Civil War

adzii_nufc
25-11-2015, 21:43
First trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVdV-lxRPFo&feature=youtu.be

For those out of the loop of what story this follows, here is my brief summary:
(MCU version and not the comic in which it is based)

After the destruction in Age of Ultron, and the subsequent return and recruitment of the Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes) a super hero registration act is proposed (the Sokovia Accords are called: Framework for the REGISTRATION and Deployment of Enhanced Individuals)

The MCU has used the Sokovia incident in Age of Ultron as well as Bucky Barnes being the Winter Soldier and basically a former Hydra merc as seen in Cap: Winter Soldier.

Captain America refuses the agreement, Tony Stark supports it. Leading to an Avengers vs Avengers angle and thus Civil War.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It looks absolutely awesome and much better than Age of Ultron which I feel was ruined by a poor story and failure to take advantage of the things they had to work with.

That end fight sequence between Stark, Cap and Bucky is showing the choreography from Winter Soldier is returning which is only ever great news. They're quickly turning the Captain America movies into the best of the MCU.

Spider Man will make a cameo appearance in this and we'll either get a lead in to Infinity War or Ragnarok in which Thor and Hulk will appear.

Stephen
26-11-2015, 00:23
Yeah the trailer was posted in the general Sci-Fi thread earlier.

Really looks good.

Pierre
26-11-2015, 19:46
All going a bit darker.

Kabaal
26-11-2015, 21:02
Maybe it's just me but i don't want to see heroes fighting heroes.

adzii_nufc
26-11-2015, 21:47
Maybe it's just me but i don't want to see heroes fighting heroes.

I see your point, although I'm not too fussed on it. It's been set up in way that differs from the source material, the movie is focused on you being torn between the two sides and leaving you unable to distinguish the good guys from the bad guys. In the MCU it appears both sides make fair points for their side of the fight.

They'd been wanting to do this for a while anyway, a lot of the Marvel source material often pits heroes against villains.

Just so happens out of all the material they had, this was the biggest and most well received comic.

This and Suicide Squad in the same year though :D