PDA

View Full Version : PS3 HDMI video and AV audio help

Spimunk
14-02-2013, 21:58
Hi all,

I've come here for some advice and I really am not technically minded when it comes to cables and connections.

Basically, I want to play my play station via my tv using HDMI video and my headphones to listen to the sound so I don't disturb my girlfriend whilst I am playing fifa! However my LG tv doesn't have a headphones jack!

So I looked online and bought a red and white av cable that has a 3.5 jack on the other end. I plugged is into the red and white audio out on the back of the tv and plugged my headphones in and nope, no sound. I changed the PS3 setting to audio multi output so it shows scary and AV but still nothing.

Can anyone assist me on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Tezcatlipoca
15-02-2013, 00:46
:welcome:

Are you sure that it's an audio output on the back of the TV and not an audio input? Which end is which? Red/white phonos are usually audio input for component video and 3.5mm is usually the audio input for VGA.

The audio setting in the PS3 is for the PS3... It won't affect what's coming out of the TV, it's for sending audio from the PS3's HDMI, AV, and optical at the same time - nothing to do with the TV, which is what you said you plugged the headphones into? http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/audiomulti.html

haydnwalker
16-02-2013, 17:36
Are you sure your LG telly doesn't have a headphone output jack? Our LG 47" does, as do both the LG 37" and 22"s we have... it could be on the side instead of the rear of the telly.