PDA

View Full Version : Cables and Splitters

Monkeylord
22-08-2012, 11:18
Hi,

I've recently got a new TV, which is awesome, but unlike the od TV this new one is practically a mirror. It's currently directly opposite a window, which as you can imagine is less than ideal.

I've been planning on switching the positions of teh sofa and the TV so that the TV is under the window instead of the sofa. Unfortunately I have Virgin installed, which makes things awkward.

Currently the cable comes into the living room and the white box is under the window. it goes throgh the floor and along the basement where it finally pops out by the skirting board on the other sidenext to the stairs. From there a splitter has been installed with one cable feeding the TiVo and another feeding the Superhub.

What I want to do is move the TV and the TiVo to under the window (next to the white box) and have the Superhub installed under the stairs as it's a more central location and being under the stairs means I don't get annoyed by those sodding flashing blue lights all the time.

Is it safe to remove the splitter and connect it directly to the white box? It seems it's that or move one of the cables from the other end and end up with lengths of cable curling all over the place (the cable going under the stairs from the white box only has about 5inches exposed, and no slack at all).

RB2004
22-08-2012, 22:57
As long as you aren't altering cables you can connect directly to white box :) but don't bypass it.

Jonnymeg
28-08-2012, 20:41
Yes.
You have all the cables and splitter you need.