PDA

View Full Version : Quick Super(?!)hub question

Woolly One
23-05-2012, 18:10
Hi all, Just a quick question.

Have just received our S/hub for a self install to upgrade to 60mb. Before I make the phone call to activate - how do you just start the S/hub in modem mode without it wanting to do anything silly wireless?

Reason being, my Buffalo Air Station has been working fine for years and I don't muck around and more than I have to with settings.

From what I've read, the S/hub has mixed results, and I reckon that this question has been asked countless times. Is there a previous post that someone can link me to, or as I'm thinking just set it up wired and hope (If so which E/port) - Thanks in advance.:):dunce:

Peter_
23-05-2012, 18:19
By default the Superhub comes in Router Mode, you have to activate it let it download the latest firmware then you can follow the simple instructions to change it to Modem Mode HERE (http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=412750&CURRENT_CMD=SEARCH&CONFIGURATION=1002&PARTITION_ID=1&USERTYPE=1&LANGUAGE=en&COUNTY=us&VM_CUSTOMER_TYPE=Cable)

Woolly One
23-05-2012, 18:22
That's Great - Exactly what I was after.

Woolly One
24-05-2012, 18:17
Yeah?!? - got not so superhub up and running. but no matter how I tried, it didn't like our router, so am having to use the hub as a router for our lappy's.

Q - should the top light be flashing blue constantly?

Am seriously considering bulk buying empty baked bean tins and string, as I can see that in the very near future that we will end up communicating that way.:)

Peter_
24-05-2012, 18:22
Q - should the top light be flashing blue constantly?

Perfectly normal.

You have got the router connected up as per the link above and you have rebooted in sequence, Superhub on first let it settle down until the blue light comes on then switch the router on.

thenry
24-05-2012, 18:35
why didnt it like your router? you did use the ethernet port closest to the white cable in modem mode? also reset your routers settings and have it obtain dynamtic under connection type.

Woolly One
24-05-2012, 19:12
why didnt it like your router? you did use the ethernet port closest to the white cable in modem mode? also reset your routers settings and have it obtain dynamtic under connection type.

Yep, and it decided to set my router back to square one without me asking. As I can't remember the orig router settings am a little buggered. Anyhow - have got the thing working, so am giving up for tonight. - Thanks all:)

thenry
24-05-2012, 19:30
a chance for a fresh start :) setting up a router wont take long mate

Woolly One
24-05-2012, 20:36
a chance for a fresh start :) setting up a router wont take long mate

Nope as long a I can remember the default sign in that is :( Am not even going to bother tonight as the 'wassiswit' is flashing and working.

:)

thenry
24-05-2012, 20:40
put this in your web browser and hit enter

username: root
password: (leave it empty)

Peter_
24-05-2012, 20:49
Click this for help setting up your Airstation http://www.columbia.edu/acis/networks/aptnet/buffalo/index.html

v0id
24-05-2012, 21:11
Yep, and it decided to set my router back to square one without me asking. As I can't remember the orig router settings am a little buggered. Anyhow - have got the thing working, so am giving up for tonight. - Thanks all:)

Lesson learnt, Always back up your settings ;)
In fact, if you're going to be using the Superhub as a router, it's best to. Since Virginmedia like to reset your hub to its default values whenever they feel like it

Peter_
24-05-2012, 21:21
Lesson learnt, Always back up your settings ;)
In fact, if you're going to be using the Superhub as a router, it's best to. Since Virginmedia like to reset your hub to its default values whenever they feel like it
Never ever happened to mine in 15 months of use.;)

Mick Fisher
25-05-2012, 12:46
Never ever happened to mine in 15 months of use.;)
Please don't do that Peter it's making my eye's bleed. :D