PDA

View Full Version : Virgin BB problems in Herts anyone?

Griz
22-04-2012, 16:41
I'm getting

Download 1.37 mb/s
Upload 0.888mb/s

this afternoon in south Hertfordshire. Checked my modem figures

Downstream Receive Power Level : 1.5 dBmV
Upstream transmit Power Level : 39.2 dBmV
Downstream SNR : 39.2 dB

Service status shown as good at Virgin media website. Is anyone else having trouble?

dave6x
22-04-2012, 17:26
That's a normal Sunday afternoon in Andover, Hants for me on 10Mb now "upgraded" to super slow 20Mb!!!!

My connection is capable of 20Mb download at around 2:00am most nights but currently running at between 1.25Mb - 4.7Mb!!!

We've got BT Fibre in the street and BT Infinity or Plusnet Fibre are looking very tempting!

Griz
22-04-2012, 17:29
Yes I know what you mean. Service used to be good but is beginning to fail. I've noticed BT Openreach vans in my road and nearby for several weeks now and according to my mother in law, who can't resist talking to the BT workmen, they are upgrading broadband locally in July...hmmm

rmwebs
23-04-2012, 19:42
Herts is a big place. For example St Albans runs partly via Hemel and partly via Luton (Beds). You'll need to post your area as the issue is likely not affecting much more than your local area.

In my local area we've had downtime for about 10 minutes every morning for the last week. There has been VM vans (always at least 3) parked outside twiddling with the box. Your issue is likely similar, and just where they are getting ready for the upgrade.

Griz
23-04-2012, 20:09
Potters Bar, but today all seems well....contention issues perhaps?