PDA

View Full Version : Superhub Can Hub cause this ?

Rabb
17-04-2012, 19:56
Had the odd probs over the years, net going down, cable box down for few hours. but never phone line.
Now this only started when installed superhub 12 days ago.
every day now, about 2-3 times a day hub goes down, then 2x tivo box & the phone line now as well.
within say 5 mins the tivo's & line back up, but can w8 anything upto 30 mins for the hub to work.
so going every day without net 90 mins min easy. Is this the hubs fault? can the hub,
when goes down bring tivo & phone line down with it?
after calling the script readers, they tell me my service is all fine. which is deffo not.
so back onto them today after happened 3 times.
nine diff ppl i got put thru to & totaly gave up on the 9th, when he said " virgin mobile department How can i help u "
have read horror stories about these hubs & now i understand.
there is just zero help from VM these days, before hub i had 5mb u/l, now max is 2 mb.
i would go buy router & go modem mode on hub, but would this really solve the problem?
+ paying anything upto £80 + for new good router cause they give u **** equipment. is not the best way to go. when should be fine from day 1.

Daveoc64
17-04-2012, 20:01
The phone line uses a separate cable to the TV/Broadband, so faults should never be interconnected.

If all of services go down at the same time, something is seriously going wrong with your installation or the service in your neighbourhood.

I'd report it to Virgin Media.

General Maximus
17-04-2012, 20:33
ditto dude, the shub is famous for it's random resets. Next time it goes down ring VM again and ask them to send an engineer out. If they muck about send an email to neil.berkett@virginmedia.co.uk and I can guarantee you'll get one sent out then. If you email him be calm and polite and provide the facts so they have got as much info as poss with regards to what has been happening and a timeline to work with.

It is for this reason along with many others that many of use always suggest putting the shub in modem mode and investing in a proper router (Linksys) even if it does cost you. You pay for what you get and the shub isnt worth having even when it is free.

Rabb
17-04-2012, 21:39
thanks u 2, will put it into a email.
it is becoming a right pain in last 12 days, have also asked why i had 5mb u/l before hub installed, now it 2.7mb max, (another lot of ppl had to go thru with it still not fixed)no matter where try or time, so something way out.
from a 10+year good service, to thinking of leaving or severe downgrade from vip100 in last few days. have asked over on vm main forum for help, lmao that was 7 days ago, not even a reply from any mod ect. VM have let the **** hit the fan these days. so many complaints over there, tralling thru some of it, i never saw any 1 get sorted or truly helped from there staff.
these hubs must be costing vm a mint in replacements & engineers needed.

General Maximus
17-04-2012, 22:50
these hubs must be costing vm a mint in replacements & engineers needed.

we have made that point before but we are obviously wrong because they seem quite happy in ramming them down our throats and supposedly losing money.

kwikbreaks
17-04-2012, 23:19
My Superhub has been completely stable for months. OK it did fall off the pile of other junk in my loft once when I was looking for something but that was my fault.

Sherlock Holmes
18-04-2012, 02:19
have also asked why i had 5mb u/l before hub installed, now it 2.7mb max.

Hmm.. I'm sure Ive recently read online of a few 100 Meg users who appear to be capped at 2.7mb up recently... STM?

jb66
18-04-2012, 08:57
My Superhub has been completely stable for months. OK it did fall off the pile of other junk in my loft once when I was looking for something but that was my fault.

I've started to use my hub as a router, been fine so far.....

kwikbreaks
18-04-2012, 09:37
I've started to use my hub as a router, been fine so far.....Mines still on the firmware with the memory leak in the wifi driver so it wouldn't be any good as an AP. I suppose I could just use it as a switch but I don't need any more ports right now. Once I've left VM if they don't want it back I'll probably just take the internal wifi card out which I might be able to use and junk the rest of it.