PDA

View Full Version : Stupid, greedy, moronic.

cliffster
14-04-2012, 23:56
10.30 Saturday night, everyone is on Youtube, Netflix, Lovefilm etc and once again the whole network grinds to a stuttering, buffering mess.
Here's an idea Virgin, before you sign people up, why not make sure that you actually have the capacity to supply demand?
Idiots.

gba93
15-04-2012, 00:08
That'd take all the fun out of being a VM customer :rolleyes:

craigj2k12
15-04-2012, 03:33
will be fun when the speed doubling is done, I bet they dont plan on doubling capacity!

General Maximus
15-04-2012, 06:39
that is what I have been thinking about recently. I would love to see the numbers on what they are planning to do. They like to flap on about future proofing and knowing how bad it was before I would hope common sense would prevail and they would be tripling it to give them a bit of a cushion.

broadbandking
15-04-2012, 08:53
VM are doing a hell of a lot of upgrading all over the country, whilst I admit not every area is perfect there are more area's that are good than bad.

kwikbreaks
15-04-2012, 10:27
...there are more area's that are good than bad.
Which is no consolation to those like myself in a bad area.

As it happens my area does appear to be improving now (difficult to tell as I downgraded to 10Mbps and if they can't deliver that on DOSCIS3 then things really have got bad) but I'm afraid that as far as I'm concerned VM blew it when they let the congestion in my area get as bad as it did - they could offer me 200Mbps tomorrow for £20 and I'd still move on because I'd prefer consistent decent performance to the sometimes good and sometimes dire performance I've seen this last 6 months.

Sirius
15-04-2012, 10:31
VM are doing a hell of a lot of upgrading all over the country, whilst I admit not every area is perfect there are more area's that are good than bad.

The amount of cabinet and fibre upgrades we are planning at the moment is keeping myself and my colleges busy to say the least. Its a very big increase on what we planned last year :)

gba93
15-04-2012, 10:42
Sounds like good news - let's just hope it delivers what is required

carlwaring
15-04-2012, 10:43
10.30 Saturday night, everyone is on Youtube, Netflix, Lovefilm etc and once again the whole network grinds to a stuttering, buffering mess.
I wasn't doing much more than standard surfing last night at that time, but I certainly didn't have any problems. I'll do some YTing, tonight if you like and report back. However, I don't expect there to be any problems so your statement will clearly be in error.

My point, once again, is that you should not rely on hyperbole and over-generalisation.

I am sorry you are having problems in your area but unless you can prove your statement to be true then you might want to re-think your thread title as it is possibly libellous.

Peter_
15-04-2012, 11:25
Here's an idea Virgin, before you sign people up, why not make sure that you actually have the capacity to supply demand?
Idiots.
Not quite to say the least.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2012/04/38.png

Neo-Tech
15-04-2012, 12:40
^Post was made late in the evening... would only be fair to post a speedtest from a similar time frame... ;)

Peter_
15-04-2012, 12:59
^Post was made late in the evening... would only be fair to post a speedtest from a similar time frame... ;)
Mine are the same any time of day.

Hugh
15-04-2012, 13:12
Idiots.Sorry to hear about your problems - there does seem to be recurring problems reported by CF'ers in your area.

Was there anything on the status pages?

Stuart
15-04-2012, 13:22

And from the same area of the network..

craigj2k12
15-04-2012, 14:24
that is what I have been thinking about recently. I would love to see the numbers on what they are planning to do. They like to flap on about future proofing and knowing how bad it was before I would hope common sense would prevail and they would be tripling it to give them a bit of a cushion.

I doubt its anywhere near tripling, I dont think they will even be doubling capacity, more like 50% increase (if that)

Neo-Tech
15-04-2012, 14:30
Mine are the same any time of day.
Yes, we all know you have the "perfect" connection. :rolleyes: Count yourself lucky I guess...
Trololo...

kwikbreaks
15-04-2012, 15:33
I doubt its anywhere near tripling, I dont think they will even be doubling capacity, more like 50% increase (if that)
Well most areas had 4 D/S and 1 U/S and it's supposed to be going to 8+2 so if that's all that's done it's doubling. If they also split some nodes and add new ones then it could be tripling.

It's certainly what's needed with speeds as they are. Doubling speeds will probably lead to higher usage plus I'm guessing that VM hope less churn so more customers which will certainly increase usage.

The only problem as I see it is VM's poor record dealing with oversubscribed areas and refusal to grasp the nettle on network management to tackle abusers. As they sell unlimited of course you could argue that there are no abusers so VM should upgrade to make their capacity match their user demands but I can't see that happening.

craigj2k12
15-04-2012, 15:43
8DS and 2US channels should have been done for 100mb IMO

VM need more peering bandwidth amongst many other things

thenry
15-04-2012, 18:40
call in for a SuperHub.

slowcoach
15-04-2012, 18:59
I am sorry you are having problems in your area but unless you can prove your statement to be true then you might want to re-think your thread title as it is possibly libellous.
You probably wouldn't like the word dodgy either so I will use the word incompetent instead. ;)

VM need more watching than a cage full of monkeys, in the past I have had to get my bill corrected due to price creep, this taught me to keep a close eye on the billing in the future.
After getting 6 quids worth of free tickles before Christmas I checked my bill to make sure I wasn't being charged, I discovered that I had been overcharged 3 quid a month for some time due to price creep, retentions gave me a credit.
I then decided to go for the 100/10 tier for 10 quid a month extra, this time I was charged an additional 6 quid as well, they were charging me for the free tickles this time. Retentions removed the tickles and the bill became correct again.

Just over three weeks ago I turned on the computer to find that my perfect 100/10 connection had been capped at 100/2.7 Mb/s 24/7. Three super hubs and an engineer visit later I am still capped at 100/2.7 and I now see other 100 Mb users getting the same cap treatment.
Due to the total lack of communication between departments CS assume there is a problem and have you going through all the tests time and time again before they finally admit they have no idea what is wrong, I can understand CS not being told about the cap because, like me, most 100/10 users only upgraded for the benefit of the extra upload speed and being knowingly capped will cause us to direct our fury at CS rather than whoever is responsible, so we both go through the find the fault game.

People can say what they like about BT but in all the time I was with them my bill was always correct and when I left them I got two cheques through within three weeks for the monies owed due to paying for the services in advance, I have seen posts here where people have had to chase VM for months in order to get any overpayment back.
I only left BT because my ADSL speed could not go above 512/256 Kb/s but now that BT are getting their act together I will be leaving VM just as soon as FTTP is available here.

carlwaring
15-04-2012, 19:10
You probably wouldn't like the word dodgy either so I will use the word incompetent instead. ;)
What I would or wouldn't like is irrelevant to what may potentially be seen as libellous :)

So, basically VM aren't perfect. Tell us something we don't already know :rolleyes: No company is perfect.

People can say what they like about BT but in all the time I was with them my bill was always correct...
As has mine been with VM, NTL and TW. I'm sure I can find one (http://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Call-Packages/Yet-another-billing-error/td-p/224849) or two (http://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Call-Packages/Billing-error-that-BT-didn-t-bother-to-tell-me-about-now/td-p/264963) people with billing problems with BT though. So maybe they're not perfect either.

alwaysabear
15-04-2012, 19:20
What I would or wouldn't like is irrelevant to what may potentially be seen as libellous :)

So, basically VM aren't perfect. Tell us something we don't already know :rolleyes: No company is perfect.

As has mine been with VM, NTL and TW. I'm sure I can find one (http://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Call-Packages/Yet-another-billing-error/td-p/224849) or two (http://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Call-Packages/Billing-error-that-BT-didn-t-bother-to-tell-me-about-now/td-p/264963) people with billing problems with BT though. So maybe they're not perfect either.
My daughter has had nothing but problems with BT over , poor internet (Infinity) and the bills being consistently incorrect. So it is not always "greener on the other side of the fence"

Rockstar6662
15-04-2012, 20:15

Excatly. I'm sure people do have problems but not everyone does. I've been with VM/NTL for about 12 years now. Never had a billing problem, never had a service problem (a couple of outages which got sorted without any intervention from me) and I've always had the full internet speeds I'm supposed to get. The only minor issue I did have was when I moved once and the engineer gave the wrong code for my TV box so I got no channels but that was sorted pretty quickly.

Can't really comment on the customer service as I've only had to phone them a couple of times in all these years. So while I'm sorry some people have problems, it doesn't mean everyone does.

paulsouth
15-04-2012, 20:43
My daughter has had nothing but problems with BT over , poor internet (Infinity) and the bills being consistently incorrect. So it is not always "greener on the other side of the fence"

i find it depends where people live..
i used to live at thornton heath,bt was very good there for phone line.
now i live in epsom bt is totaly rubbish where i am.
the bt phone line and broadband is rubbish..
makes me laught sky internet and sky phone runs off bt but its loads better.dont understand that??
its like i had telewest in thornrton heath the cphone was rubbish,internet was rubbish but the cable tv worked fine..
then i lived in redhill,i had cable and wireless analogue.i had the cable tv.that was ok until ntl took over.analogue went down hill rippidly..
then i went ntl didital.i had that for a year and a half.
the first year was very good for tv and phone,but the internet was rubbish.
(me i move about every couple of years since age 18)
now i got virgin media in epsom.
virgin media is good for phone,internet-its ok for hd cable tv.
to be honest...
for tv i recomend sky,but for phone and internet-virgin media..

---------- Post added at 19:42 ---------- Previous post was at 19:39 ----------

right now i got freeview hd-one box(hard dive 320gb humax)
sky+hd 1tb box
sky+hd box (i think its 300gb)
virgin media tivo 500gb box
i did have 2 v+hd boxes..

---------- Post added at 19:43 ---------- Previous post was at 19:42 ----------

good evening..

carlwaring
15-04-2012, 23:13
No. The OP stated that....

...the whole network grinds to a stuttering, buffering mess

... so anyone from anywhere can post their speedtest results to prove him wrong.

Here's mine from a few minutes ago.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2012/04/36.png

So, as has already been pointed out, he is plainly and simply wrong.

Rockstar6662
15-04-2012, 23:31
No. The OP stated that....

... so anyone from anywhere can post their speedtest results to prove him wrong.

Here's mine from a few minutes ago.

So, as has already been pointed out, he is plainly and simply wrong.

Not posting the pics but just done one and got:
Download : 9.76Mbps
Upload : 1.04Mbps
Ping : 11ms

Other than the ping varies a bit I get roughly the same results no matter when I do the test (as long as the traffic management hasn't kicked in).

carlwaring
16-04-2012, 00:14
Okay. My previous one might have been a fluke, so here's another.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2012/04/79.png

Nope. Seems it wasn't a fluke after all. Shall I post any more? :D

jagsman
16-04-2012, 00:53
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2012/04/78.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

Heres my result. Its supposed to be 10mb, but I guess I lost out on the speed raffle they must have, where they just pick a connection and cap it.

ps. I have only downloaded 250mb, and uploaded 300mb since 4pm

slowcoach
16-04-2012, 01:00
The period between the speed doubling and the network upgrades is the time when VM obviously haven't enough upload capacity hence the 50 meg customers not getting an upload increase when they are moved up to 100 meg, in fact we are starting to see some of those customers have their upload capped at 2.7 Mb/s as well.
Of course VM could have admitted their inadequacy and saved customers and CS staff a lot of wasted time, but no, they do it without informing anyone in the hope that no one will notice.
I am not in a high contention area, in fact until recently I got full speed up and down at any time of the day and night so god help those customers who are already having contention issues before the speed doubling comes into effect, CS are going to be needlessly sending Super Hubs out like they are going out of fashion, perhaps now is a good time to buy some Netgear shares... ;)

carlwaring
16-04-2012, 09:24
Heres my result. Its supposed to be 10mb, but I guess I lost out on the speed raffle they must have, where they just pick a connection and cap it.
Oh dear. More complete nonsense :rolleyes: No; you obviously have issues in your area. Of course, no-one has ever said this doesn't happen.

---------- Post added at 08:24 ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 ----------

The period between the speed doubling and the network upgrades is the time when VM obviously haven't enough upload capacity hence the 50 meg customers not getting an upload increase when they are moved up to 100 meg...
Of course VM could have admitted their inadequacy and saved customers and CS staff a lot of wasted time, but no, they do it without informing anyone in the hope that no one will notice.
All pure speculation, of course.

kwikbreaks
16-04-2012, 09:30
Oh dear. More complete nonsense :rolleyes: No; you obviously have issues in your area.
All pure speculation, of course.
Some more speculation - those speeds look very much like a 10Mbps connection with both up and down STM applied.

I know my own STM is applied incorrectly - as mentioned elsewhere I can download half the internet before 4pm with no STM measures applied but if I do then just a few MB after 4pm will see me STM'd up and down for 5 hours.

I'd speculate that there are misconfigured STMs on plenty of connections as the number of complaints I've seen recently here is very high indeed.

carlwaring
16-04-2012, 09:33
Some more speculation - those speeds look very much like a 10Mbps connection with both up and down STM applied.
You know, you could be right :) I think your speculation is closer to the mark than the 'raffle' that the OP suggested ;)

I just realised he even mentioned the STM in his post; though he wrongly calls it a cap.

kwikbreaks
16-04-2012, 10:09
Nopanic is moaning about his evening STM being applied too soon too. I mentioned the errors with how mine has been set up in that thread but there was no response to the post.

I'm 100% certain that mine is wrong as I've seen the behaviour several times and can monitor usage and speeds reliably using the Tomato firmware in my router. I had put it down to being manually downgraded from 50 to 10 by retentions.

Daveoc64
16-04-2012, 17:38
I've always wondered how good VM is at switching the STM over to DST (and back again).

carlwaring
16-04-2012, 17:41
Nopanic is moaning about his evening STM being applied too soon too.
Fair enough, and I'm sorry they (he/she) is having problems, but hyperbolic (or just 'bolics' ;)) like "the whole network" doesn't help with the sympathy :)

GrimUpNorth
16-04-2012, 20:40
Fair enough, and I'm sorry they (he/she) is having problems, but hyperbolic (or just 'bolics' ;)) like "the whole network" doesn't help with the sympathy :)

But I think it more than excusable to sum up the frustration of a second rate service with, in the opinion of some, outlandish statements. To have a problem and then have other people belittle you over your choice of words just goes to show how insensitive and selfish some people are. I bet you're the sort of person who laughs at people who've broken down on the motorway, or finds it amusing when an OAP drops their shopping bags while getting on the bus. One day the boot will be on the other foot and I for one will be there telling you to suck it up.

Cheers

Grim

carlwaring
16-04-2012, 23:14
But I think it more than excusable to sum up the frustration of a second rate service with, in the opinion of some, outlandish statements.
Oh well. That's your opinion and you're welcome to it :)

To have a problem and then have other people belittle you over your choice of words just goes to show how insensitive and selfish some people are.
Again, your opinion and I would disagree. If the OP had said stated "I have a problem in my area" then I could not have said anything. (I might still have posted in sympathy though!) But to belittle Virgin Media's entire network is simply preposterous.

I bet you're the sort of person who laughs at people who've broken down on the motorway, or finds it amusing when an OAP drops their shopping bags while getting on the bus.
Oh please :rolleyes: I have shown every sympathy to the OP's problem so your comment is obviously complete nonsense. It might also be considered libellous.

One day the boot will be on the other foot and I for one will be there telling you to suck it up.
That will never happen this instance because I would never be as inconsiderate to assume that VM's entire network is broken simply because I am having some problem with my connection :rolleyes:

cliffster
16-04-2012, 23:59
I wasn't doing much more than standard surfing last night at that time, but I certainly didn't have any problems. I'll do some YTing, tonight if you like and report back. However, I don't expect there to be any problems so your statement will clearly be in error.

My point, once again, is that you should not rely on hyperbole and over-generalisation.

For the pedantic amongst us, here's my edit.

10.30 pm saturday night, everyone is on youtube, lovefilm etc and once again the network in my area.grinds to a stuttering buffering mess. Here's an idea Virgin, before you sign people up in my area , why not make sure that you actually have the capacity in my area to supply demand?
Idiots.

Better?
Hopefully enough to fend off any impending lawsuits.
however I would have thought that anyone with any common sense would have realised that the whole network was just a turn of phrase and that my post related specifically to my area, (Nottingham) as broadband speeds in Liverpool, Newcastle, Norwich etc are of no particular relevance to me.
Perhaps not.

---------- Post added at 22:39 ---------- Previous post was at 22:35 ----------

You know, you could be right :) I think your speculation is closer to the mark than the 'raffle' that the OP suggested ;)

I just realised he even mentioned the STM in his post; though he wrongly calls it a cap.

I believe that I am the OP of this thread and I haven't posted anything about a 'raffle'.
I think you will find that was posted by Jacsman.

---------- Post added at 22:41 ---------- Previous post was at 22:39 ----------

Not quite to say the least.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2012/04/38.png

I'm delighted for you.

---------- Post added at 22:49 ---------- Previous post was at 22:41 ----------

Originally posted by Carlwaring.

Oh please :rolleyes: I have shown every sympathy to the OP's problem.

Really? must have missed those posts.

Trumpeting how fantastic a connection you have while I struggle to get a basic service doesn't seem very sympathetic to me.

---------- Post added at 22:59 ---------- Previous post was at 22:49 ----------

Sorry to hear about your problems - there does seem to be recurring problems reported by CF'ers in your area.

Was there anything on the status pages?

Thanks for your interest Hugh.
No, no details and the usual excuses from customer services.
Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for Virgin media employees, but I think the problem of oversubscription is one that is only going to get worse and is directly down to the corporate greed of the board.
That is the reason why in two months time when my contract ends I shall happily wave goodbye to this company.

carlwaring
17-04-2012, 00:53
however I would have thought that anyone with any common sense would have realised that the whole network was just a turn of phrase....
If so it was a pointless and completely incorrect one. I tend to take posts on forums at face value and assume people mean what they type.
I believe that I am the OP of this thread and I haven't posted anything about a 'raffle'. I think you will find that was posted by Jacsman.
My apologies for the mis-attribution.

Tazz
17-04-2012, 01:01
If so it was a pointless and completely incorrect one. I tend to take posts on forums at face value and assume people mean what they type.

My apologies for the mis-attribution.

No trawl the forum looking for posts that you can troll on with your VM fanboy postings!!!

kwikbreaks
17-04-2012, 10:25
It's easy to be pleased with the BB if you only have the L product. It has to be really abysmal if they can't deliver 10Mbps and 9/10 when they don't it's P2P shaping or STM both of which are published. If a 10Mbps user is only getting (say) 7Mbps then so will a 20Mbps user so the 20Mbps user is getting creamed while the 10Mbps user has mild degradation of service.

I'm on 10Mbps on DOCSIS3. If I only get 7Mbps then so will the punter on 100Mbps - would I care about only getting 7Mbps - not a lot. Would the 100Mbps user care? You tell me.

GrimUpNorth
17-04-2012, 11:39
Oh please :rolleyes: I have shown every sympathy to the OP's problem so your comment is obviously complete nonsense. It might also be considered libellous.

OK Carl, contact the Cable Forum admins, get my contact details and try your luck in court. Stand up like a real man, stop spouting pretentious rubbish on a forum and test your self righteousness in a real forum before your peers :PP:.

Cheers

Grim

carlwaring
17-04-2012, 13:31
I am merely pointing out that the things you post on Forum can, potentially, have consequences if you happen to say the wrong thing about the wrong person/company who may well decide to take it further if they decide that what you have posted is libellous (http://bit.ly/J6GlDc).

I personally couldn't give a damn as it's only words on a screen posted by anonymous people who I don't know and who obviously have something against me because I call them on their hyperbole.

Itshim
17-04-2012, 14:02
I saw this thread & the last poster - put 2 & 2 together I wonder what is the correct total ?

GrimUpNorth
17-04-2012, 14:25
I tend to take posts on forums at face value and assume people mean what they type.

I am merely pointing out that the things you post on Forum can, potentially, have consequences if you happen to say the wrong thing about the wrong person/company who may well decide to take it further if they decide that what you have posted is libellous (http://bit.ly/J6GlDc).

I personally couldn't give a damn as it's only words on a screen posted by anonymous people who I don't know and who obviously have something against me because I call them on their hyperbole.

Oh how inconsistent you can be :dunce:. I'm not surprised that you're bravado evaporates when someone calls you on your pompousness.

Cheers

Grim

carlwaring
17-04-2012, 14:36
Oh how inconsistent you can be :dunce:
Sorry but you're going to have to explain that one as I see nothing in the quotes that is "inconsistent" :confused:

GrimUpNorth
17-04-2012, 15:16
OK Carl, I'll try and explain it in nice simple terms without the quotes so not to confuse you.

You started off by saying you take posts at face value and assume people mean what they say.

You then go on to say my reply was complete nonsense, and could be construed (to keep it simple that word means could be interpreted in a particular way) libellous.

Then when you're called on it you try and change from you have libelled me to an unidentified person/company might take exception. Oh and by the way as you love being Mr Pedantic you use the phrase "...may well decide to take it further if they decide that what you have posted is libellous (http://bit.ly/J6GlDc)", well the last time I looked it was for the courts to decide if libel has occured not the individual or entity, but hey Carl don't let accuracy get in the way of pompusness.

So to answer your last post I just pointed out that you change your tune to suit.

Simple enough?

Cheers

Grim

carlwaring
17-04-2012, 15:39
OK Carl, I'll try and explain it in nice simple terms without the quotes so not to confuse you.
Nice condescending tone there :rolleyes:

You started off by saying you take posts at face value and assume people mean what they say.
Yes.

You then go on to say my reply was complete nonsense, and could be construed (to keep it simple that word means could be interpreted in a particular way) libellous.
Yes. I do know what words mean, thanks :rolleyes:

Then when you're called on it you try and change from you have libelled me to an unidentified person/company might take exception.
I did not "change" anything. The title of the thread could be libellous; ie

A published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation

.. as could some comments on here about me. VM may decide to sue as they have a reputation to uphold. I couldn't care less about random comments from anonymous forum users so wouldn't even think of taking any such action.

So, no contradictions; no "changes"; no nothing. You just need to comprehend English.

Then when you're called on it you try and change from you have libelled me to an unidentified person/company might take exception. Oh and by the way as you love being Mr Pedantic you use the phrase "...may well decide to take it further if they decide that what you have posted is libellous (http://bit.ly/J6GlDc)", well the last time I looked it was for the courts to decide if libel has occured not the individual or entity, but hey Carl don't let accuracy get in the way of pompusness.
Oh please :rolleyes: Yes, of course it's "ultimately up to the courts to decide" but you don't think VM are going to have a team of their own lawyers to advise them on whether what was posted is libellous or not and that they have a good chance of winning? Or do you think they're just going to go to court on a whim? :rolleyes:

So to answer your last post I just pointed out that you change your tune to suit.

Simple enough?
Simple yes, but also entirely wrong. As usual, when you're posting about me, I might add :)

Itshim
17-04-2012, 15:39
.. as could some comments on here about me. VM may decide to sue as they have a reputation to uphold. I couldn't care less about random comments from anonymous forum users.

No contradictions. No "changes. No nothing. You just need to comprehend English.

Pardon :confused:

carlwaring
17-04-2012, 15:43
Which bit of my use of English confused you?

Itshim
17-04-2012, 16:04
Which bit of my use of English confused you?

All of it :erm:

GrimUpNorth
17-04-2012, 16:50
Nice condescending tone there :rolleyes:

Pleasure.

I did not "change" anything. The title of the thread could be libellous.

Except your comment regarding libellous statements was in response to my comments to you about your comments, so there you go changing your terms of reference again.

I couldn't care less about random comments from anonymous forum users so wouldn't even think of taking any such action.

Sure?

I couldn't care less about random comments from anonymous forum users so wouldn't even think of taking any such action.

Yes, we've already established how empty your comments can be.

Oh please :rolleyes: Yes, of course it's "ultimately up to the courts to decide" but you don't think VM are going to have a team of their own lawyers to advise them on whether what was posted is libellous or not and that they have a good chance of winning? Or do you think they're just going to go to court on a whim?

I've left your bold in. I'll say it again as you still don't seem to understand. Only a court can say what is and is not libellous. All the legal advice any person or entity gets is just that - legal advice, nothing more and nothing less, and will always be until tested in court.

Simple yes, but also entirely wrong. As usual, when you're posting about me, I might add :)

Oh please :rolleyes: (got that line from you - and think I'll use it for a day or two). You're making me shake my head in disappointment as I often do when I meet pupils of the King Canute School of Logic.

Cheers

Grim

Hugh
17-04-2012, 16:51
Back on topic, please....

ssr
17-04-2012, 17:42
Back on topic, please....

Sigh of relief!

Hugh
17-04-2012, 19:46
Which part of "Back on topic, please" was hard to understand?

If this nonsense keeps up, the Loving Mallet of Correction™will have to be unsheathed, and fracking will commence.

Maggy
17-04-2012, 21:52
More off topic posts removed.The previous warning applies to EVERYONE.Keep to the topic.

General Maximus
17-04-2012, 23:46
mine was on topic. I was supporting Hugh's love of Battlestar Galactica.

In the interests of fairness though I will pm you my views so I dont look like I am deliberately trying to wind people up.

kwikbreaks
18-04-2012, 09:42
... dont look like I am deliberately trying to wind people up...Surely that would be bang on topic judging by the posts I've read...

General Maximus
18-04-2012, 10:44
i didnt want to be seen as singling people out and encouraging further arguing for the sake of a bit of drama. I just want the problem sorted.

Chrysalis
18-04-2012, 13:30
check my graph in sig, today I had extra DS's added (dont know how many tho as on vmng300) and the US is on a diff channel id.

From what I understand based on info from ignition been posted is the planned DS capacity increase is double as from 4 channels to 8 channels. US increase he said would be bonded but he didnt state if that would be bonding existing channels (no increase) or adding new ones (probably doubled).

The bottom tier is tripled, middle tier doubled, top tier extra 20%.
However on capacity its not that simple as currently bottom tier customers are on docsis1, so its more than tripling as they coming as extra users who werent before on the docsis3 capacity.

So in short it looks like from where I sit the extra capacity is overall less than the extra speeds been sold and VM are trying to counter it by changing the traffic management, eg. adding STM on the top tier and looking at the comcast system.