PDA

View Full Version : General Browser Lag (NW London)

Zee
05-04-2012, 18:22
The thread i created and i and others who were posting in it was unrelivent to the problem being discussed so i've created another thread.

The main issue being experienced in several postcodes in NW London such as HA2, HA8, HA9, NW4, NW9 and others where browsing websites lags and is slow.

The latest reply i got from VM forum team was yesterday when they said:

An update to what I posted last night; after a few emails back and forth between ourselves and our Network Team, this has been given the fault ticket reference F001953173. Due to the nature of the fault, there is no fix time at the moment as we are still trying to pin down the cause. We have been asked to update the ticket with each example of a FEC error spike to help with tracing the root cause, and I am adding the past week and a bit worth to the ticket now.

We will update with further information when we have it.

I called up around 4.50 and was told that the fault reference: F001953173 was closed around 4.30pm, but i am still experiencing this browser lag, what im guessing is once a reference has been closed that leads to that they think the issue has been resolved.

Would others also experiencing these issues post in this thread and over at the VM Forum so we can get this fault fixed as soon as possible because im so tired of it now.

crazyronnie
05-04-2012, 22:56
Hey man, my lag has actually got worse lately.

On the virgin community site they still maintain that theres nothing wrong and the utilisation isnt high enough for them to forward it to the network team.

I would cancel but unfortunately when i upgraded to 100mb that also re-upped my contract for the broadband for another 12 months.

Zee
05-04-2012, 22:59
Point them to my thread in the community forums and keep nagging at them as it took me 3 weeks of nagging for them to admit there is something wrong here.

Mine has also got worse lately too. I'll see what they reply to me again when they get to my thread.

Zee
06-04-2012, 14:57
Latest reply.

I can confirm that fault ref. F001953173 is now reported as closed and the problem resolved. On checking your segment I can find no current problems.
If you are still experiencing difficulties then please post detailing them, including the information described here (http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Up-to-30Mb-and-50Mb-broadband/How-to-view-your-modem-configuration-pages/td-p/40793) and a traceroute to bbc.co.uk, and we'll look into them further for you.

This is so annoying and the fact that im not the only one reporting this issue in the area makes me think that they are either stupid or not interested in fixing the problem.

SiJ2000
06-04-2012, 16:44
Hmmmmmm. Jitter is quite high too. I had a ZEN ADSL before and the Jitter was never worse than about 5ms on my 4mb line! On this 30mb one, I can have as much as 50ms Jitter!!!! In HA8 by the way!

Zee
06-04-2012, 16:50
Hmmmmmm. Jitter is quite high too. I had a ZEN ADSL before and the Jitter was never worse than about 5ms on my 4mb line! On this 30mb one, I can have as much as 50ms Jitter!!!! In HA8 by the way!

hi, im also in HA8 (Edgware) and facing these browse lag issues, are you facing the same problems? If so please post on the community forums which will help my case and others.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Up-to-30Mb-broadband/bd-p/30mb

Jayster
06-04-2012, 19:48
Out of interest would anybody who is having these issues have a tbb ping monitor set up?

Zee
06-04-2012, 20:16
Out of interest would anybody who is having these issues have a tbb ping monitor set up?

unfortunately i haven't been able to create one.
The current beta has reached it's monitor limit, so you will not be able to add this monitor, please bear with us as we add more capacity to this amazing new tool!

Zee
11-04-2012, 14:20
Im still getting lag while browsing, engineer is due today to fix the power levels which i know is not the issue here, waste of time i guess, we'll see what happens when he leaves.

What about everyone else who is having problems?

gaz2810i
11-04-2012, 14:28
Could this be what I am experiancing in HA4?

Zee
11-04-2012, 14:31
Could this be what I am experiancing in HA4?

this is what you are prob experiencing in HA4 also.

People have been experiencing this in different areas of NW London, (HA2, HA4, HA8, HA9, NW4, NW9) so far i've gathered.

Please post this over at the community forums: http://community.virginmedia.com

state your issue and that you're in NW London and also post a link to your thread here so i can back up your issue.

Zee
11-04-2012, 17:11
just want to update everyone on my problem that today, 11th April 2012 the issue with web pages lagging and streaming seems to be resolved, i've noted a couple of customers on the virgin media community today who are also reporting today that their lagging problems have also been resolved.

I'll update here if my issue comes back, but all is good now.

It would have been nice for virginmedia to have admitted there was a problem instead of lying constantly but this is how they deal with customers for years.

crazyronnie
12-04-2012, 16:32
I'm still getting a bit of lag. Definitely a has improved a lot but not 100% yet.

Zee
12-04-2012, 17:02
I still getting a bit of lag. Definitely a has improved a lot but not 100% yet.

same here but it seems a bit more acceptable and i can finally surf the web without having to keep refreshing pages.

Just wish they would fix the evening slow downs now where i get 1Mb or below on 60Mb service. Even in the daytime i only get max about 34Mb