PDA

View Full Version : Superhub Activation Disaster!

spankysmagicpian
03-04-2012, 09:56
A friend of mine got the superhub through the post and I went round last night to help him. It was all connected up and he phoned the activation line and it stated wait for up to 30 mins. We gave it 20 mins and there seemed to be a lot of activity on the SH. Left it another 5 and it was showing as syncd.

It was rebooted and then...nothing! Just kept trying to sync.
I phoned support up and they booked an engineer out for tomorrow. I phoned them again this morning and they said it had been activated but was not being allowed on the network and to wait for the engineer.

Sounds like the config hadn't been applied so I asked them could they send another hit to the modem in order to resend the config but that was a no go.

Surely this could be done and it would save the visit?

Peter_
03-04-2012, 10:04
Well as the Albert Dock call centre closed on Friday this is the kind of service you can expect from now on.

RB2004
04-04-2012, 11:48
Wondering if vm had problems yesterday..
I also had activation problems I posted on the community forums

My superhub, the coax connector separated from the board inside the superhub and fell out the back.

I had a spare which I was sent last year in September due to power supply being incorrect.

So I phoned up and they switched the default mac on the account to my spare

Thought it would be that simple..

But after lots of waiting on the phone and numerous hits being sent it wasn't going anywhere..would scan frequencies, lock on download, them say configuration ok, then lock on upload.. But say access denied.. Before restarting the frequency scan over and over again.. Just wouldn't activate in the end I hung up and left it a while but it still didn't work so I phoned up again, this time 2nd line removed the mac from the account and the cmts etc and re-added so it could start the discovery process again. Rebooted 2 more times.. Still didn't work an engineer was booked, then after I hung up the telephone I tried rebooting again and it locked fine :)

So I then cancelled the appointment

So maybe they had problems yesterday.

Peter_
04-04-2012, 17:14
Yes the staff.:D

spankysmagicpian
05-04-2012, 00:25
Wondering if vm had problems yesterday..
I also had activation problems I posted on the community forums

My superhub, the coax connector separated from the board inside the superhub and fell out the back.

I had a spare which I was sent last year in September due to power supply being incorrect.

So I phoned up and they switched the default mac on the account to my spare

Thought it would be that simple..

But after lots of waiting on the phone and numerous hits being sent it wasn't going anywhere..would scan frequencies, lock on download, them say configuration ok, then lock on upload.. But say access denied.. Before restarting the frequency scan over and over again.. Just wouldn't activate in the end I hung up and left it a while but it still didn't work so I phoned up again, this time 2nd line removed the mac from the account and the cmts etc and re-added so it could start the discovery process again. Rebooted 2 more times.. Still didn't work an engineer was booked, then after I hung up the telephone I tried rebooting again and it locked fine :)

So I then cancelled the appointment

Possibly but I was told that the engineer arrived, whipped the attenuator off and bingo - it locked first time after a reboot. I did consider the attenuator but thought it would be safer leaving it on.

Peter_
05-04-2012, 06:09
Possibly but I was told that the engineer arrived, whipped the attenuator off and bingo - it locked first time after a reboot. I did consider the attenuator but thought it would be safer leaving it on.
That should not make any difference.

jb66
05-04-2012, 06:38

It would if it's a wide band attenuator

piggy
05-04-2012, 12:59

What about a faulty attenuator? :dozey:

Peter_
05-04-2012, 16:50
What about a faulty attenuator? :dozey:
If its faulty maybe the was no issue with the modem but to be honest the level of support now offered in the call centres is well below par is it not.

mike24
07-04-2012, 19:19
I had my superhub installed, about a month ago, with no problems.
Have read that i should have had a USB wirelessN stick supplied also, will be checking this
out.
Am on 30Mbps due to be upgraded from July onwards.
Michael

jb66
08-04-2012, 07:20
I had my superhub installed, about a month ago, with no problems.
Have read that i should have had a USB wirelessN stick supplied also, will be checking this
out.
Am on 30Mbps due to be upgraded from July onwards.
Michael

The adaptor is for 60meg or 100meg only, according to the website, but techs are told XXL only

apacketofsweets
09-04-2012, 16:12
Well as the Albert Dock call centre closed on Friday this is the kind of service you can expect from now on.

95% of their activations dep. is based in Swansea, Wales, so lack service won't be a factor.

Peter_
09-04-2012, 17:03
95% of their activations dep. is based in Swansea, Wales, so lack service won't be a factor.
That is only recently though and you know it, and even then they used to call the Albert Dock in order for them to dig them out of the hole they had dug but alas no more, and it gets more amusing when you read threads such as this one either on here or even the community forum.

jungleguy
10-04-2012, 09:04
odd that this thread is described as a 'disaster!' goes to show you how important the internet is.

also Staff at Albert Dock will be missed, especially the ones that would remove from walled garden!! maybe that's more of a disaster.

Gadgie
12-04-2012, 21:34
We have just returned to V/M for all three services in a bid to save money, as we were using V/M for Internet and Sky for TV & Phone.

It was costing us quite a lot, so we are now saving £19 a month;)

The change over was a complete disaster, and put us through a week of Hell, during which we were promised a £15 discount, which, according to our on line bill, has not been given?

In the end, we got our H/D movie and documentaries, and our full Internet upgrade, but it took a week of calls to folk we couldn't understand, which was frustrating?

So our hope now is that things go OK and we have no more problems.

jungleguy
13-04-2012, 22:00
.!