PDA

View Full Version : 20Mb Early Upgrade

anc1en7z
30-03-2012, 10:59
Hey

This is just a head-up to those people on 20Mb to recheck for an early upgrade via the Virgin Media website.
Before today, I kept getting an orange rectangle error message, however now it leads me to a page which I can use to order a new superhub & upgrade.

This may/may not work for you, and may/may not work for others on different packages, try it!

Skie
30-03-2012, 11:03
Thanks for the heads up. I no longer get the yellow error message, now it just says my area isnt ready :)

Oh well.

anc1en7z
30-03-2012, 13:32
Ah unlucky :\

Looks like ill be upgrading later today 8-)

SnoopZ
30-03-2012, 13:51
Ah unlucky :\

Looks like ill be upgrading later today 8-)

You may find it puts you on a new 12 month contract doing it early rather than waiting, judging by other comments on this site.

anc1en7z
30-03-2012, 14:49
Im pretty sure that was only when another persons link to upgrade was used, eg My brother has the upgrade link and I used it. Therefore I wasnt entitled to use it so it changed my package & upgraded it to another contract.
This is just the link to order a new modem, but I will read through all the T&C's now

edit: cant find any T&C's directly linked to the upgrade, therefore they can't change contract length without prior notice, can they?

SnoopZ
30-03-2012, 15:32
Im pretty sure that was only when another persons link to upgrade was used, eg My brother has the upgrade link and I used it. Therefore I wasnt entitled to use it so it changed my package & upgraded it to another contract.
This is just the link to order a new modem, but I will read through all the T&C's now

edit: cant find any T&C's directly linked to the upgrade, therefore they can't change contract length without prior notice, can they?

This is Virginmedia we're talking about! My advice is just wait it out so you don't get any issues and have all the hassles of explaining it all to India.

I guess it depends when your official speed bump is planned as to whether you want the risk or not.

Also if you look at the latests threads on their new Collections packages that maybe a way to get upto the speed you want.

http://mediacentre.virginmedia.com/Stories/Branson-conquers-time-travel-in-new-Virgin-Media-ad-2395.aspx

Sigma
30-03-2012, 16:00
When I ordered the Superhub to get the 20 - 60 Mbps upgrade, VM sent me a new 12 month contract. I phoned up and said that I didn't want to sign a new contract and they said that that was fine, but I wouldn't get the free 6 months of Spotify (which was part of the new contract), so I wouldn't worry about being forced into signing a new contract based on my experience, cos all it took is 1 phone call and it was sorted.

According to that upgrade schedule site, my area wasn't due to upgraded until 2013, so I'm glad I didn't wait. I only found out that I could get the upgrade now when I logged into My Virgin Media and saw a message at the top of the screen saying that I needed a Superhub and I could have the new speeds now.